New Knick Rips 'Liar' Stephen A. Smith Over Weed Accusation

Ron Strider

Just days after Michael Beasley said if the Knicks keep fading star Carmelo Anthony, they can comfortably make the playoffs with "four" players who can score 25 points per game, ESPN beef-stirrer Stephen A. Smith dissected Beasley's overly optimistic comments by suggesting Beasley is smoking weed again.

And then Beasley punched back, calling Smith "a liar" and immature for bringing up past mistakes.

"He's a liar, bro. Stephen A. Smith is a liar," Beasley said on a SLAM Magazine podcast. "I love the words he uses. I love how adamant he is, especially when he's wrong. Because if you're not going to stand for yourself, who is going to stand for you? But literally, I've sat next to guys he was on the TV talking about. [Smith is saying], 'Man I just got a phone call from this guy,' and literally I'm next to the guy. [He says], 'Man, I ain't ever been in a room with this guy.'

"It's like bro, why does what you say hold credit, when literally everybody knows you're lying about it? I wouldn't have even said that if he didn't say what he said today."

Earlier, Smith had picked apart Beasley for his wishful thinking for the Knicks.

"Evidently, he's smokin' something," Smith chimed on his ESPN radio show. "Did you hear what he has to say, ladies and gentlemen? The man went on the record and said that he believes that the New York Knicks have FOUR 25 points-per-game scorers. Four. Who dat? Who are these people? Who? Cause I don't see them? I don't know what the hell he's talking about."

Beasley, who thinks he can become an All-Star with more playing time, said that he, Tim Hardaway Jr., Kristaps Porzingis and Anthony can put up 100 points per game.

"Do I see us better than a 30-win team in Vegas? Listen, I don't even go to Vegas," Beasley said. "So yeah, I do. I think we've got a position to be not only a playoff team, but a five-, six-seed team if we do it right.''

Smith, a Knicks fan, slammed the forward and even suggested that the 10-year veteran cannot be sober after making such "ignorant" comments.

"I instantly thought he should've been tested ... if I were the league office, I'd have him investigated and tested for weed now. I really do, I'd have someone over there at the Knicks practice facility or wherever the hell he was, he'd be putting something in a bottle for me right now. Something's not right," Smith said.

Beasley took exception for Smith bringing up his history with marijuana, which the Kansas State product said has been "years removed."

"You can say whatever you want, bro, but when you take my name and say weed or anything negative, A., that continuously paints the wrong perception of who I am as a person and who I am morally," Beasley said. "And then B., I had to explain to my daughter what weed was. Is that my fault or is that his? It's like, bro, I understand you got a job to do and I understand you got money to make and kids to feed — I don't know if he has kids, but I do. And the more you paint me in a negative light, the less money I can make to feed those kids."

Smith recently got in some hot water for mocking Lamar Odom's drug problem as a way to attack former Knicks president Phil Jackson. Lesson not learned.

Beasley, whose career has been marred by marijuana-related incidents, is now waiting for an apology after he released a video on Instagram calling out Smith.

"Bro, I was 19, 20, 21," Beasley said. "That was seven years ago. I can move on from it and mature from it. You still speaking about it means you're not [as] mature as I am. So I really don't want to have a conversation with you to begin with."

Michael_Beasley_and_Stephen_A_Smith_-_Getty_Images.png

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: New Knick rips ‘liar’ Stephen A. Smith over weed accusation | New York Post
Author: Kyle Schnitzer
Photo Credit: Getty Images

Back
Top Bottom