NY: Massive Weed Growing Operation Discovered In Owego

Ron Strider

State police have uncovered a massive marijuana growing operation -- approximately $30,000 worth of pot, according to troopers -- from an island on the Susquehanna River in Owego.

The Underwater Recovery Team assisted the Community Narcotics Enforcement Team, better known as C-NET, with the eradication last Friday.

The news is certainly drawing attention. Since State Police posted a photo to Facebook, nearly 2,000 people have reacted to it. Some say it is nothing to be concerned about.

"I don't think it's a big deal at all, because they're probably using it for both recreational and for pain," said Gena Manzo, an Endwell resident. "I certainly use it for my foot pain. All my friends know I've had major foot surgery and it was my last resort."

However, others say the seizure will benefit the area in the long run.

"If they start catching people at all levels, it will trace them back to higher levels," said John Spencer, an Owego resident. "I'm not sure if it's a gateway drug, but it's a gateway to people who are operating it and sickening our area with many other drugs."

State Police say they have not made any arrests in the investigation.

Police_Bust_in_New_York_-_Facebook.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Massive weed growing operation discovered in Owego
Author: Brittani Moncrease
Contact: About Charter Spectrum – Leading Provider of Internet, Cable, Phone
Photo Credit: Facebook

Back
Top Bottom