CO: Men Arrested In Rifle With 120 Pounds Of Marijuana From "Nearby" Grow Site

Ron Strider

The regional drug task force arrested four men found with about 120 pounds of marijuana last week in Rifle. A couple of the men said they were working at a grow site somewhere in the mountains.

A Rifle police officer on patrol Wednesday spotted an SUV without working brake lights that evening. "As soon as [the officer] stepped out of his patrol car he could smell the overwhelming, nauseating smell of marijuana," according to an arrest report.

He found the SUV's cargo area was full of large trash bags.

Rifle police informed Two Rivers Drug Enforcement Team about the stop, reporting that they "could see marijuana on the parties in the vehicle and buds of marijuana on the floor of the vehicle."

Four men in the SUV were arrested. Upon searching the vehicle, officers found seven large bags full of marijuana.

The driver and one passenger refused to talk to investigators. But the other two told investigators that they had been working at a grow somewhere in the nearby mountains. They said they were hired in California, but they did not know for whom they were working.

Police_Bust_in_Merced2_-_Vikaas_Shanker.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Men arrested in Rifle with 120 pounds of marijuana from “nearby” grow site – The Denver Post
Photo Credit: Vikaas Shanker
Website: The Denver Post – Colorado breaking news, sports, business, weather, entertainment.

war against the plant people continues unabated. full speed ahead. what happens to all that medicine? lol, cops will sell it. won't be nauseated by the money coming in, will they?

Seriously..... people need to be aware many police don't like cannabis. Drive around with weed on you, on the floor in plain site and big bags in the back with cannabis in them AND tail lights out = recipe for disaster. Not the smartest way to transport cannabis, just sayin.

Probably also a recipe to get ripped off, I. E. Robbed....and maybe even at gun point.

I know fine line cops and robbers... Not getting shot I guess is the "positive" I'm taking from this story.

Don't be stupid.... every time you drive a vehicle with weed in it, you take that chance of getting arrested and/or robbed. Could even be both.

Leave it at home.... and locked away if you have kids. Treat it like cash, would you leave your wallet/purse with money in it laying around?

Well, it’s legal to grow here but not 120 pounds! LOL Can grow 6 plants (or up to 24 or more if prescribed) but with only 3 flowering at any one time. Legitimate growers of this much are either dispensaries or making the oil and using it medically for themselves or as caregivers for others.

Right.... also probably self medicating and then driving 120#s around in a car.... they just weren't that smart about it. Unfortunate.

That 3 plant max is your government's way "protecting" you from a plant and "protecting" the interests of BigAg and corporate america.

3 plant max... what's that a joke?? I'm serious... why isn't there a 3 plant max for growing tomatoes or corn or opium for that matter?

This is all plain silliness.

People are going to look back at cannabis prohibition a lot like we do with the alcohol prohibition. Hopefully one of the cannabis entrepreneurs will have a son that becomes president some day paid for some of the proceeds from the illegal cannabis market...wouldn't that be ironic?

This sounds like it may be a cartel operation. In any case pot all over them and the SUV, good tight operation they had going on. Don't enjoy the crop while moving it. Just like the movie pulp fiction, if you are doing something like this inspect the car before you leave and obey all laws.

Back
Top Bottom