'New Lease On Life' With Medical Marijuana

Ron Strider

In response to the letter from Helen Salter entitled "How cannabis oil has improved my life", I wish to echo Ms. Salter's comments. I, too, have experienced the significant benefits of medical cannabis.

At first, I was skeptical that cannabis had any application except as an intoxicant used by people who were just trying to get high.

As I researched, talking among family and friends, and read clinical papers published in peer-reviewed journals, I came to see there might be some therapeutic value in cannabis.

I thought I would see if medical cannabis could help me with my joint inflammation, headaches and insomnia. I was assessed by a physician and he determined I was a suitable candidate to give medical cannabis a therapeutic trial.

I can tell you, the results are astounding!

The swelling in my knees is the least it has ever been. I'm playing tennis now and I could not before without pain. My headaches have decreased from nine per month to one per month. Now I can fall asleep and stay asleep all night. I wake up refreshed.

I have completely stopped taking anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen. There were early warning signs of kidney damage and, thankfully, those symptoms have now stopped.

I have been using cannabis as a medicine for 10 months. I am thoroughly thrilled with the results. I feel I have a new lease on life.

I feel so strongly about this topic that I choose to work in a role where I can help other people receive the many benefits I have experienced in my own life through medical cannabis.

Every day I hear reports of how cannabis has helped a patient to reduce the need for opiates or lessened their post traumatic stress disorder or improved their physical functioning so they can perform at a job again and contribute to society through meaningful work.

CBD_Oil_-_Flickr.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: ‘New lease on life’ with medical marijuana | CambridgeTimes.ca
Author: Jillian Henderson
Photo Credit: Flickr
Website: Cambridge News - Latest Daily Breaking News Stories | CambridgeTimes.ca

Back
Top Bottom