UK: A Terminally-Ill Mother Turned To Cannabis Oil When The Cancer Returned

Ron Strider

A terminally-ill mother who was given the all clear from a cancer which she originally though was hay fever has turned to cannabis oil when the cancer returned.

Jannine McHaffie, 27,thought she had beaten a rare form of mouth cancer in 2015 but has been told it has returned and there is no cure

Jannine Jessica McHaffie, 27, was just 24 when she was diagnosed with a rare form of mouth cancer called Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma (ACC) in 2014.

Full time mum Jannine, from Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, was diagnosed with the rare cancer after suffering from constant nose bleeds, which were initially believed to be caused by hay-fever.

She was given a grueling six weeks of intense daily radiotherapy before getting the all-clear in September 2015.

This rare form of mouth cancer meant that Jannine had her face rebuilt in extensive surgery and courses of radiotherapy.

Jannine was forced to have the upper part of her mouth removed due to adenoid cystic carcinoma which ravaged her jaw bone.

In a series of daunting operations, surgeons have used parts of her fibula leg bone to reconstruct her face but they have now told her there is 'no cure'.

As she faces an unbearable wait to see how long she has left to live, Jannine is surviving on a daily cocktail of painkillers and sleeping pills.

To cope with the pain, the mother-of-one has turned to cannabis oil to help make 'everlasting memories' with her adorable six-year-old daughter Leylah.

Although Leylah is aware that her mum has been unwell, Jannine has decided she is too young to face the whole situation.

Instead, Jannine has bought a series of books that deal with bereavement that she hopes will help her daughter deal with her death.

She said: 'Doctors haven't given me a time limit or any fixed prognosis, I've been reading online about this type of cancer and people survive with it for years.

'I've not been given any more information at all, they (the doctors) literally don't know now.

'I've been talking to one woman who was diagnosed two years ago and who's still doing great now, so I'm staying positive.

'It's going to sounds silly, but right now I'm trying anything- you do, you get to a point where you are willing to give absolutely anything a go.

'So I'm using Cannabis oil to get, it stops the pain, I try to believe that it's doing something internally.

'I've been eating healthy because I've heard that sugar is a breeding ground for cancer, I've been just trying to be happy and living life and trying to enjoy it.

'I know I'm going to be here in a few years time, I just know I am.'

The brave mother said that she tries to see the positive in life to stop her daughter from seeing her upset.

She said : 'It was terrifying when the roof of my mouth started to come off, and then fell away completely- all I could feel was bone with my tongue.

'It was like a knife to my chest really when the doctor told me there was nothing they could do.

'But I think if you're going to be down about it and depressed, then it's going to aggravate the situation.

'I've taken a positive approach from the beginning and been as optimistic as possible, that's all you can do, I don't want my little girl to see me all sad.'

Jannine started suffering with severe chest pains early this year and went to see an expert about it.

Doctors initially dismissed her symptoms until she insisted on a PET scan - which detects diseases in the body - in August of this year, when they confirmed the cancer had returned.

Jannine said: 'It was only when I kept feeling pain in my lungs and going back to the doctors that they in August gave me a PET scan.

'They told me the cancer had spread to my lungs, it's a slow growing cancer so had been there for a long time.

'The doctor told me there was nothing they could do, nothing they could treat the cancer in the lungs with because of where exactly it spread to.'

Jannine's father, Melvyn, said: 'Three years ago, at the age of 24, Jannine was diagnosed with Adenoid Cystic Sarcoma.

'Numerous failed operations resulted in Jannine living without a roof to her mouth for more than a year.

'As a single mum to Leylah, Jannine kept going and inspired everyone with her attitude.

'In April this year, after reconstructive surgery we thought she had turned the corner. She could eat and drink and her tests came back clear.

'But then in August Jannine was told there was nothing more that could be done. The cancer has spread to her bones and she is terminally ill.'

CBD_Oil_-_David_Zalubowski.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Terminally-ill mother turns to cannabis oil to fight pain | Daily Mail Online
Author: Kate Buck
Photo Credit: David Zalubowski

Back
Top Bottom