Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adult

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Getting a scanned page under 450k will be interesting ;-)
    Oh damn,
    No wonder it locked up, several times due to my impatience

friggin' 53 megs.
    I'll have to host it somewhere,
    I wonder who would like to?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

Quote Originally Posted by DaMagoMan View Post
    Bawahahahaha !!!!
    I'll upload it as a jpg too
    after some editing for security reasons
    Damn, screwed it up and lost the original scan.
    may take me another half hour.

I need another bowl, BRB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zolar View Post
    perhaps the best thing we could do about myth busting and getting the facts out would to get mr's frank and paul to have open congressional hearings on
    MJ in light of recent medical and scientific knowledge ......
    (edited to save bandwidth :-)

Yes Indeed Buba

We also need to not only contact our reps.
    But other states reps/govs/mayors and the like,
    (like Moose says, send it to Everybody)
    We have to convince people in power who have influence, that we have a message that is worth listening to.
    to let them know how we All Feel.

It has to originate from the US,
    It's Our fault it's all screwed up.
    Last edited by Frog; 05-16-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Oh and ..

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaMagoMan View Post
    Yes Indeed Buba

We also need to not only contact our reps.
    But other states reps/govs/mayors and the like,
    (like Moose says, send it to Everybody)

to let them know how we All Feel.

It has to originate from the US,
    It's Our fault it's all screwed up.
    That's exactly right!!! We have to keep this fresh in their minds and not let them get complacent about it! We have to push the issue and threaten their jobs if they will not comply with the people!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I still think we need to contact all of the activist groups and correlate a plan of attack on trying to get a movement started on these bills...we desperately need to not let this slip through our hands.
    Our days are numbered, and if we let our leaders stay uneducated to the truth then we may not see this happen again for a long time.
    I think we need to write Barack Obama and plead with him to look further into getting this legislation passed. He probably has no clue about the strain research that needs to be done and the safer delivery systems and the plain fact that people all over the country are living in utter fear of loosing their precious families all because they need the therapeutic value of marijuana. And the fear of a war on people by the DEA!
    We need to try and get our message straight to the top!
    Hell, I doubt he even knows about the racism behind marijuana prohibition in the first place!
    I firmly believe these guys are going to just sweep these bills under the table if we just sit back and do nothing!
    I would think we need to send one to Hillary as well.
    It seems the going phrase they all keep saying is that "this will send the wrong message to our young people" well, we to counter that statement and get that mindset pointed in another direction.
    We all know thats bullshit, none of are trying to get young people to use marijuana and we strongly believe that it will not raise the number of kids to smoke, also that it should be only for adults over 21 just like the real gateway drugs! Kids need to be educated as well...but in school!!!
    We deserve to not be harassed and hunted down like dogs in the street people!!!we have to fight for what's right!!!

I will catch back up with you guys sun or mon as I will be out of town for the week end...CyaM8s

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

I will miss this kind of posting.Best of luck and hurry back.

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great thread, full of passion!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

lol...I almost forgot where this thread was...I will be bookmarking it for future reference.

Post Thanks / Like

I just went to NORML and sent a not to my Rep regarding this bill. Ain't it a travisty that a few self-rightous moralmorans can sentence others to pain and suffering! Until a few years ago I tried to go with the flow, but, damn it, when this country compounds its shames in the name of religious bullshit, it's time to start taking a stand. I realize, of course, my somewhat-less-than politically correct views might get me in trouble with King George and his Dick (Cheney), I guess I'm willing to see how good their best is against me. Still, they've made it clear their best isn't good. Medical use of pot is one step to improve this country -- full legalization must be the ultimate finish.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

I have a real problem with the NORML stance on dealers.I wish we could all grow our own but in this country we are faced with mandatory minimum 6 months for one plant.Where do we get our weed if dealers are all in jail like NORML suggests?It's a poorly thought out stance that makes no sense at all.I'm not stupid and I know they feel they can sell their message better that way.It still sucks and it's a mistake.Like I said,I have a problem.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sicntired View Post
    I have a real problem with the NORML stance on dealers.I wish we could all grow our own but in this country we are faced with mandatory minimum 6 months for one plant.Where do we get our weed if dealers are all in jail like NORML suggests?It's a poorly thought out stance that makes no sense at all.I'm not stupid and I know they feel they can sell their message better that way.It still sucks and it's a mistake.Like I said,I have a problem.
    I think you kinda missed their point...what they want is for it to be legalized, taxed and regulated and sold in adult only stores like alc*hol.
    Then that would do away with a need for dealers and make it legit.
    Would that be so bad?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

I thought I mentioned that I understood why they do it.I just think it's hypocritical to pretend it falls from the sky.Maybe it's the 12 years I spent in prison.Maybe it's just that I don't like hypocrites.It's a moot point once it's legal.I think we can all agree on that.It's just that for people that aren't blessed with a place that has sane laws,somebody has to take the chance or everyone just does without.I was never trying to make big money,just wanted a steady supply.It was almost 40 years ago and people saw things very differently.It makes the grey areas vanish when you spend time for something you don't even see as a crime.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sicntired View Post
    I thought I mentioned that I understood why they do it.I just think it's hypocritical to pretend it falls from the sky.Maybe it's the 12 years I spent in prison.Maybe it's just that I don't like hypocrites.It's a moot point once it's legal.I think we can all agree on that.It's just that for people that aren't blessed with a place that has sane laws,somebody has to take the chance or everyone just does without.I was never trying to make big money,just wanted a steady supply.It was almost 40 years ago and people saw things very differently.It makes the grey areas vanish when you spend time for something you don't even see as a crime.
    Well, just look at as, it's still illegal, and it still takes a dealer to get it from unless you live in a MMJ friendly state, or you grow it yourself in which almost any of those options has risk...personally, I'm really tired of living with those risks, so, if legalization means, no more pot dealers, and they either let us legally grow it, or buy it from a store without fear of prison, I'll be totally down with all the pot dealers for prophet suddenly being out of the picture.
    I want the farmers to get a shot at growing and selling weed to supply the whole country, not just someone running a large illegal grow house and making it so expensive that only the rich can afford their meds.
    It ain't just for one or even a handful of people getting rich from cannabis sales, but the potential tax dollars that could be generated to help this country out of debt as well.
    Pot dealers are only out for their own prophets that could be better used to make this a great country again.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 07-08-2008 at 09:27 AM.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We're on the same page Jimbo.I did say that once legal the whole thing is moot.I just don't think anyone should be condoning,no espousing the incarceration of dealers while it is still illegal.It's a bogus condescension to Those that take the risk.If NORML had it's way there are many places in both countries that would be without any options at all.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think I see now what your saying, and your right. Even those pot dealers need to have all charges dropped, and their records cleared, because they are really only doing us a service, and without them, most people wouldn't even have access to weed at all.
    So I agree that they need to be cut some slack too.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast