Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adult

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

Beer and wine....HMMM...the REAL GATE WAY DRUG!!!! imagine that???!!!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

Beer, oil, and tobacco industry contributors. Do I detect a conflict of interest in regard to the question of legalization of Cannabis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok here is your drug connection: See the name at the bottom, he works for a lobby group now, and used to be the senator before this guy.

Steven Douglas Symms (born April 23, 1938 in Nampa, Idaho) was a four-term congressman (1973–81) and two-term U.S. senator (1981–93) from Idaho. He was among the most conservative members of the Republican Party. He is currently a partner at Parry, Romani, DeConcini & Symms, a lobbying firm in Washington, D.C.

This contributor works for this firm that represents this drug company and many others.

This was a 5 minute search on this guy, I know you could find 10 more drug connections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One flyer that says "XXXX" was paid XXXX dollars by XXX Big Drug, and you think he cares whats best for patients? Then list the proof, and hand them out all over town, then the guy is finished.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok...you guys see how resourceful Boss is? Natural born research administrator!!! That's how shit gets done!!! You go Boss!!! WooHoo!!!
    Ponder this...How many are there here @ 420mag? 1276 and growing every day...now...how many are their at every other canna site? ###??? then you add every member of every marijuana activist group out there....now we are talking serious numbers!!! Throw in every smoker that is not affiliated with anything, mix them all up into one collective group and...well...you do the math...ONE UNIFIED VOICE!!! Y'all see what I've been saying???!!! It would be a monumental task but, it's do-able. It will take everyone reading from the same page for it to work though. How can we get the ball rolling on this idea? That's my only Q. Where do you start with something like that?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

+REP Boss. Great job following the money. What an amazing picture this paints...such a fine example of the hypocrisy and lies associated with Cannabis suppression and the war on people.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thats exactly right!! They've declared WAR ON THE PEOPLE...not, a war on drugs! I personally have been a regular user since 1985 and in all those years I have smoked with hundreds of people and I've never once seen a smoker loose it and become violent...have you? now, alcohol on the other hand...well, we all know how tequila effects people. Now, I will support any bill that declares war on deadly drugs like coke, meth or heroin. Marijuana legalization would free up the DEA's resources to do that very thing. And they would probably win that war too. I mean, I have never heard of anyone growing and processing coca plants or poppy plants here in the US, have y'all? And I think people would just quit meth if MJ was easy to obtain. We pot smokers are the most passive people in our society. And I have never seen any smoker that went out looking for a deadly drug to use while he/she was possessing a sack of weed. I would like to tell those people that keep pounding that "gateway theory" down everyones throat that "unless you have done it, you cant judge it". Now I'm not going to lie and say I've never done my share of hard drugs in my life but, it was never because I smoked weed. It was always because I came across a friend with it, or one of my more "in it for the money" dealers had it when weed was in short supply. Of course that's when I was young and dumb and just looking for the next party or club. And coke will get a young man laid faster than anything out there. I also support NORML's stance on 21+years of age to buy and/or posses MJ. I for one don't want my kids using weed until then. That's only right! Also,MJ could very easily pull this and other countries out of this recession if those big business conglomerates would just market and sell it in the local liquor stores or even behind the counter at all the stores. The taxes on alone could do that, not to mention the uses of hemp fiber. There is a whole realm of possibilities for that stuff. I would imagine that hemp could be turned into ethanol like corn is if the right scientist's got a hold of it. Don't y'all think?

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of anyone growing and processing coca plants or poppy plants here in the US, have y'all?
    Coca, Takes to many leafs :-)
    Not to mention I just ain't got my hands on any seed , Yet

I've found the Drug War responsible for folks goin' to hard drugs.
    MJ stays in your system while others are gone in a matter of days.
    I know Cabbies and others that have moved from MJ to harder drugs
    Because they have jobs where they could get tested.
    So they do what stays the least time in their system.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Right on jimbo e. I often think I want to go buy a bottle of something to enjoy, but when I inhale a dose of Medicinal herb, the desire for any other mind altering substance disappears.

The thing is, it's not the drugs that lead to other drugs. The "gateway" is your life circumstances and how you respond to them. If you're looking for escape, want to "fit in", or need sedation, you'll find a way. At that point, it doesn't matter if it's flowers, powder, or glue.

When I was young, and for those reasons, I smoked the legal leaf grown down south on plantations, and drank distilled beverage products. Although they worked in some ways, the side effects were unacceptable. Fortunately I found Cannabis. I tried harder chemicals as well, but again, Mary Jane prevailed.

Now that I'm older and suffering from the self imposed physical abuse my body has been through, MJ has proven to be affective in reducing my pain to a level that allows me to function and be productive. The hard and legal drugs are all very expensive and can include death as the consequences of use.

Cannabis can be grown for free outdoors and the results of using it are positive physically and emotionally. This is a threat to the profits of beverage, cig, and pharma producers; thus the huge lobby, campaign contributions and hypocritical or poorly informed politicians legislating what we can or can't do with our lives.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You know, What I don't understand is why those cig, pharma. & beverage companies think that they them selves cant stand to make a shit load of money from the legalization of marijuana. Just think about it. Marijuana can be brewed like hop's to make beer, rolled to make cig's & processed to make meds, so...whats their problem? If legalized, They would be the first ones to market it and research it to try and find new ways of delivery. Thats what I have a hard time wrapping my brain around. These "big business tycoons" stand to double, triple or even quadruple their yearly prophets. So why oppress it? Also, I believe that people would pay any amount of marijuana tax's set by the government just to have it legalized, and the government would have plenty of extra revenue to pull us right back out of the recession with some left over.
    As far as the hard drugs issue goes, let me give y'all my testimony on how marijuana saved my life...literally!
    For a time in my life I got caught up with a bad crowd and they started smoking crack cocaine, and of course I was talked into trying it. At first I was scared to try it, and rightfully so too, because the next thing I know it had gotten so bad that I had hocked everything I owned of value & than started stealing from my parents to get that next rock. One day, after selling everything I could get my hands on, I ran out. There I was going through the worst withdrawals I've ever experienced in my life. I had dropped from 210 lbs. down to 150lbs in just a couple of months and I was starting to have frequent chest pains because my heart couldn't take it any more. Thats when I started begging God to help me find a way to me get off this shit. I had always smoked pot before this but it was put aside for crack. So, there I was freaking out from withdrawals when it hit me that I had a little bit of weed left from before, so I just pulled the ol bong out and fired up. I have you know that all my withdrawal symptoms just melted away and I felt almost back to normal again. After that, I immediately went to my best dealer friend and scored an oz.which he fronted me because he could see the horrible state I was in. After that, every time I felt the urge to get geeked up I would just do a bong hit or two and that feeling just went away. It took me years to get over that feeling too. Now you tell me that marijuana has no place in our society! If they had no other use for it than to get people off of hard drugs it would be worth it! Marijuana has been a God send in my life and I'm NOT going to live without it, PERIOD!!! Marijuana quite literally SAVED MY LIFE!!!AND, I LOVE IT!!!...PERIOD!!! They can have my weed when they pry it from my cold dead fingers!!! PERIOD!!! Pretty strong stuff, huh?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the big companies don't stand a chance with Cannabis. We can grow it for free. We can easily process it into food. We can easily convert it to concentrates.

My theory is if it becomes legal many people will try it and discover that they don't want to smoke or drink anything else. Even if the conglomerates make a marketable product from Cannabis and reap some profits, they will lose profits on the other products.

Why do anything other than drop a seed in your yard or the countryside and come back in 6 months and harvest your free meds? Those that have success will be willing to share with those that don't. One advantage of Cannabis as a medicine is that we can keep it simple.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FreakNature View Post
    I think the big companies don't stand a chance with Cannabis. We can grow it for free. We can easily process it into food. We can easily convert it to concentrates.

My theory is if it becomes legal many people will try it and discover that they don't want to smoke or drink anything else. Even if the conglomerates make a marketable product from Cannabis and reap some profits, they will lose profits on the other products.

Why do anything other than drop a seed in your yard or the countryside and come back in 6 months and harvest your free meds? Those that have success will be willing to share with those that don't. One advantage of Cannabis as a medicine is that we can keep it simple.
    You make a very strong case my friend...That may be it's ONLY downfall, is that they can't get rich from it because of it's simplicity. But I do think that alot of people might not want the hassle of tending to it when it's so much easier to just go to the local corner mart and buy a pack of 20 pre rolled joints. It would be a convenience thing for some. Lets face it...some people do not have a green enough thumb to do what we do. Think about a vegetable garden...Sure it's alot cheaper to grow tomatoes than buy them but, why take time to do that when you can run to the grocery store and buy them with more convenience. But, I know that MJ is a whole different animal and a whole lot more complex than that. I guess the stronger argument is that it should be everyones God given right to decide what I should ingest into my own...I SAY AGAIN...MY OWN BODY!!! They just need to QUIT trying to save us from ourselves...PERIOD!!! It's OUR lives...quit trying to run it like so many cattle!!! Don't be sheep people!!! Just tell them that I'M JOHN DOE AND I AM GOING TO USE MARIJUANA NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO STOP ME AND MY KIND...PERIOD!!! I guess I am just a little militant or maybe just very passionate about the very thing that saved my life!!! Can you blame me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

He who owns the media wins.

BTW Very well put Freak :-)

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, then it's just what I've been saying about the mass numbers thing. If each and every smoker would stand up and band together with all of these marijuana activist groups as one large nation wide group, then we can win favor with the media and as a collective group we can get votes to swing our way for a change in policy. Until we do that, they will never take us seriously! We make a very easy target for our selves by keeping secretive and tight lipped...It's that old saying,... "There is safety in numbers" "you can beat the one, but you can't beat the mob" (that ones mine,lol) What we need is a tactical approach with the proof to back it up. I have a good question...Why do I not see any billboards from NORML? If they want to be taken seriously they need to get their message out better than they do...My state only has one chapter and I never see any evidence of them getting the word out. If they would just put up signs with their web site only, it would at least be seen! In fact, most smokers I've known, know very little about NORML and do not even keep up with current canna affairs. Their all so caught up with being scared to even go into a canna site for fear that FEDS are watching every site they go to and that they will be red flagged if they do...I find it sad really!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think the best start is to follow the lawmakers and write the automated letter that NORML and MPP provide each time legislation comes up. For every letter they get, they assume there are 10-50 more people that have the same view, and unless they are crooked, it usually works.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast