Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adult

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

I agree with BubaJimbo,
    too few know of NORML.
    I couldn't believe how many walk up to the booth and have no idea what NORML is.

We have lived underground for sooo long, hard to break old habits.
    Tough even to get some to just vote.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

I like Boss's ideas about fallowing the law makers but what I've been hearing from people is that they are concentrating there efforts on this lousy war and whats to become of this recession and gas prices and the fact that there is not even a decent presidential candidate to vote for, (I know I'm at a loss, I don't trust any of them) The fact is that, little thought is even given to marijuana law reform. We HAVE to make it front page news...PREIOD! It's one of those things that needs to be on the tip of everyones tongs. Unless we push the issue with numbers this can't happen! It needs to be spread like wild fire that there is an uprising to push it over the edge! But... I don't know about y'all but that scares the shit out of me because you know if it comes to that we had better shut all of our hobbies down or we'll be big time targets! I for one have way too much to loose!!! no shit!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Even in the U.S., there are not enough cells.. by FAR.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Even in the U.S., there are not enough cells.. by FAR.
    It's almost like beating a dead horse. You want to here something really sad? My dad is 66 yrs old and smoked in the 60's and he still smokes to this day and so do his senior friends. I was hanging out and smoking with them one night and we were talking about the things that we are talking about now. And, my heart kinda sunk when all of them just looked down and shook their heads and said..."son, we've already tried that and we found that people just got defensive when you brought it up and no one will jump on your band wagon. People just blindly fallow what ever the government says and that they will never budge!" If people are not kept up to date on the good that it dose via the media then we are never going to see it. People need a fresh prospective and enlightenment for this to really work, no matter how many letters you send. The general public needs awareness and re-education before we can proceed. What it will take is a general guideline of proof backed facts of the safe new delivery systems, cures that have been found, they need to know how the laws will read about legalization and for adult's only and how we will even help them get deadly drugs off the street....The people have to made aware...PERIOD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Like Tommy Chong says,
    "We gota' teach people How to get high, Again!"

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I propose that we here at 420 mag draft a printable letter explaining these things and what our intentions are for the responsible use of marijuana by adults and list all the real facts about it, as well as give them the link to NORML's letters as to give them a voice. We also need to make them aware of those bills and that even law makers are considering legalization of marijuana. Then we need to recruit as many people as possible to deliver them out in mass numbers. If everyone prints out a full ream of paper from their personal computers each, then that would at least be a start...can ya dig? I nominate Boss for his articulate incite and research skills. I will volunteer my self to help in any way I can, any other takers? I think another strong point to make to people is that out of every 10 people they know at least 2 of them are in serious jeopardy of loosing their families due to cruel, unjust and out dated legislature. People need it to be as personal to them as possible. I would put it to them in a way they can relate to like...what If you had to see "Bob" be stripped away from his loving family and you had to see the sad faces of his wife and little kids as they watch daddy being carted away just because he was only trying to self medicate...that picture would be stuck in your head for the rest of your life! And that this "war on drugs" has been turned into a war on decent hard working tax paying citizens just like them selves. How dose that sound? I might even throw in a couple of other real world scenarios, maybe one about a single underpaid mother of three who was just needing some relief from her stressful life or another one about a guy with cancer who can't eat or even hold his food down without it...you know, pull at their heart strings. Winning of hearts and minds is where it's at I think. Along with the support of local and federal law makers...they need to know just how vulnerable their job really is and it's the people that place them in power and not their good looks or their pocketbooks! The bad thing about most of us is that no one wants to step out and take the first bullet. I think through the mail box might be a way to keep our selves on the down low but still get our message across.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

NORML like any organization is only as good as its members and the financial support they receive. I am sure if you were to raise the money for a billboard in your neck of the woods, NORML would fill it. Hell, 420mag would fill it!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo e View Post
    Why do I not see any billboards from NORML? If they want to be taken seriously they need to get their message out better than they do...My state only has one chapter and I never see any evidence of them getting the word out.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Fellow View Post
    NORML like any organization is only as good as its members and the financial support they receive. I am sure if you were to raise the money for a billboard in your neck of the woods, NORML would fill it. Hell, 420mag would fill it!
    Your right HF, money talks! Thing about it is, I don't see the 1 chapter we have here doing anything. No rallies, no advertising, no getting out and talking to people, nothing! It's as if they don't even believe in the cause...they just want everyone to send them money. I'm not sure how much I even trust this NORML chapter. They are based out of a big collage university so maybe they are just trying to get tuitions payed for...who knows but, I'll say this...I'm not sending a dime to an unproductive cause. I will make my own fliers and hand them out on my own before I waste a donation. Maybe it doesn't work like that but it sure appears that way from the out side looking in. All I do know is that, the word needs to be spread...period! I still think a letter with all the latest facts should be circulated. In fact I will even start a rough draft my self and run it by y'all for tweaking if you think it would help. Maybe it's just a pipe dream I have but, I just hate to let even a remote chance of legalization slip away. The issue has to be pushed before it will ever happen. They will never do it without support.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As I stated, an organization is only as good as its members. Maybe you should join, take hold of the helm, and turn the ship around.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Fellow View Post
    As I stated, an organization is only as good as its members. Maybe you should join, take hold of the helm, and turn the ship around.
    Thats not my forte', I make a much better soldier. I've never been a good salesman. I have joined them, but they never seem to do anything productive. I have plans on drafting a letter and making fliers and at least that will be a contribution to the cause. I just hate wasting money on them when they are not planning any productive actions. It seems that with the development of these new bills that they would be champing at the bit to make a stand if they were serious. I mean, they want your money, but are not showing any signs of using it to help the cause. We used to have a smoke out in Atl. every year but that seems like it's a thing of the past now. I wish I could talk my wife into moving to a more MJ friendly state but she doesn't even smoke it so she want budge. She doesn't mind that I do it though because she knows how stressed I get without it. I mainly use it for stress management and anxiety which was made worse after moving here to this forken rat race. I'm just a good ol southern country boy and all this fast paced bullshit drives me nuts. Maybe I'll do my homework and try and find out just what my NORML chapter is actually doing with the money. Seems a little fishy to me tho. I'll say this...I will burn them down if I find out they are just funding their own tuitions with it!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think C.A.M.P. was doing the rallies in Atlanta. (Coalition to Abolish Marijuana Prohibition)

Post Thanks / Like

I propose that we here at 420 mag draft a printable letter
    I had to thhink on this a bit

Since I Do Already, while maintaining security!
    'Er at least as much as I can!

BubaHerb got it.

As for bein' a salesman,
    sales is just another life skill, No One should be without.
    I hate sales
    but if I believe in the product, it's unlimited income

Preach the Word Brothers and soon they will see the wisdom!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wasn't sure who actually did the rallies before but the fact still remains that I have not seen any evidence of anyone preparing to throw another one in the near future and it needs to be a coalition of all the groups throwing them all across our nation all at once. I know it cost alot of money but if everyone that supports them would just get more hands on in a collaborated effort then we may be able to swing some votes but, until everyone we know gets everyone they know who gets everyone they know...etc...etc...MASS NUMBERS!!! ya know...just what I've been saying. But to be realistic about it...most, will say "sure dude...I'm there" and not even show up probably even don't care. Most are not as passionate about it as we are, and thats just a fact. And alot of others are just plane lazy. So I will not get my hopes up too high, because in all reality we are just probably kidding our selves anyway. Bills or no Bills. This State is especially hard to convince and That may even be the reason there are no more rallies because of the cracking down from all the bible belt bullshit. People here are especially brainwashed, I see it every day...It's crazy! No open mindedness what so ever!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you have not heard of it, there is a company called ClearChoice. They own a very large percentage of billboards all over the country. The president of the company is so republican, he will not let you advertise anything against anyone in the party. Chances are, a pro Cannabis billboard would never hit thee side of the road. (At least not in many places)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As we grow as a community, I hope to have regional 420 Magazine gatherings. That would be a great thing :-)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast