Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adult

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

I tried to rep you boss, but can't at the moment. Excellently written response! I just copied it to send to my representatives that always answer my letters negatively. They get one once a month. One even wrote me that he would like to meet me and discuss the matter. I wrote him and told him to let me know when and I would be there. No answer! I guess he thought I would scare off easy. I didn't and haven't, he has received three letters since then. I think he is afraid that he will feel guilty for being purchased by big corporate money. Fear of truth is really fear of losing money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

Thanks Herb :-) Just a very fast draft. Too long for most lawmakers to read. (They have a lot to read, and most don't, they just listen to lobbyists tell them the "Facts".

There is a huge upside to this, dollar wise. But this industry will create NEW wealth, not contribute to the old wealth, and that's the problem for these corporations. This is easily a 30 Billion Dollar a year industry, EASY. That's a lot of money to be lost in taxes, just to ensure the corporations get their way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think I stated this before, but when the government outlawed Cannabis, they broke a federal law. The law states that any decision made by the government, cannot effect the economy by more then 3% of GNP. It could be argued that the prohibition of hemp farming cost this country at least 3% of it's GNP, but few have taken this stance.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep, it was passed to ensure states and feds could not knock out a product and ruin the economy. See : New rules and regulations for the stock market, credit card companies, and banking institutions. They just effected the GNP by at least 10%, but the blame has been put on people with "questionable credit". Soon, they will be unable to blame low income people, as this recession is going to effect everyone in the world, and this time it's really gonna hurt. Can't blame all that on poor people that would have done anything to get papers approved to own thier own home and escape the reality of renting for the rest of your life.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you ever seen the capitalist pyramid? Don't think I should post it since it isn't cannabis related, but I could send it to you.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

JESUS!!! Boss man!!! I got chills reading that...You guys see why I nominated BOSS? Like I said before "Natural born research administrator" Excellent brotha-man!...Fantastic stuff!!! Now all you have to do is polish it up a bit as you see fit and place it on the front page here at 420 mag with links to our leaders and encourage every member to send it in once a month just like HF has been doing. Now, if every group and site out there would do the same thing, they might just see that we have a loud voice. What needs to happen is to convince them to take the dollar sign out of their thought process when they go to vote on the people's behalf...thank you Boss...good stuff!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anytime. I need to finish that up, add research notes to link to the studies. I just don't have the focus right now, busy on the homefront.

Thank you ;-)

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Anytime. I need to finish that up, add research notes to link to the studies. I just don't have the focus right now, busy on the homefront.

Thank you ;-)
    I feel you bro...kinda hard to fit it all in sometimes...Take your time. I'll do some snooping around my self in the mean time...let me know if there is anything I can help you with, anytime!!! I'm sure that there are others here that feel the same way...supporting each other is a good start!!! We're all we've got so we have to look out for one another!

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fantastic thread

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You know guys, I think there is another study they need to do that is so obvious and I have read nothing about, is the proven (by EVERY smoker) fact that there are so many different effects by so many different strains and the variables of their effects. I mean, they need to focus some effort on these different kinds of highs. Just look at the info you read every time you look at a bean bank site. They explain in detail how it should effect you. They could capitalize on this fact and do case studies as to which kinds for different needs. I mean, a lower CBN, Sativa is a perfect candidate for an easy to function very clear even easy to work on high and not recommended for bed time as an Indica helps you sleep, eat and is more sought after for medical use for pain relief. Not to even mention the different strengths of the different ones. So it would only stand to reason that... That alone should be the focus of more discussion and studies by these panels. Why not apply these unique features to the needs of individual people as to their individual needs. The info on each strain is there...so, why not study each one as a different needs, need different strains approach? They could break it down and give each their own identity and prescribe accordingly. I have not seen ANY case studies to this; as I said...obvious fact and I honestly believe that one fact has been grossly overlooked. I think more studies need to be done on this fact ASAP!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have been saying this for years, and I had a long talk with Ed Rosenthal on this very topic, while we were at mardi Grass.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo e View Post
    You know guys, I think there is another study they need to do that is so obvious and I have read nothing about, is the proven (by EVERY smoker) fact that there are so many different effects by so many different strains and the variables of their effects. I mean, they need to focus some effort on these different kinds of highs.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Has there ever been any papers written on this, with a basic, strain by strain brake down for these studies? Now I know that there is almost an unimaginable array of crosses out there but if you think about it...the right people need to know that fact too, as to tailor fit each need...we need more studies to bring this unique quality to the surface. I seriously doubt that any of our political figures are even aware of such facts and that even their needs could be filled in their own personal lives. And I know for a fact that all these brain washed doo gooders haven't got a clue to this fact either ...YYeeeeHaaaaaaaWW...I just love being right!!! ;.) Hell!!!,...If they want to speed up their process in obtaining data on these variables, all they have to do is ask people JUST LIKE Smokin Moose! people like him with their "growing" track record can give you the skinny on most any known strain out there and if they don't then just ask the breeder, in most cases they will give you the run down on anything they have to offer. but, as one of My ol bud's used to say "THAT'S TOO MUCH LIKE RIGHT!!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've seen no studies on this yet, although some sites do make mention of particular strains for particular illnesses. I intend on looking into this further, but it is a mammoth task. I have been hoping that the dispensaries might have already started this. I tried to explain this to my GP, but she only sees cannabis as cannabis - not strains of cannabis.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ahh..see, we just found a flaw in the system, that needs to be brought to the surface. Knowledge is power and awareness of these facts need to be known. This would be a good rebuttal argument to their new thing they keep saying..." marijuana is stronger these days than in the 60's"...well, there may be some stronger strains out there but there are some that are even less potent than the weed you smoked back then. It all depends on your need for more or less...sleep or awake & focused, depending on your need at the time. A lot of them even give the best of both worlds. I think this could be another stone of leverage for our side...that's what I'm good at my friends; trying to leave no stone unturned!!!lol... You see...some weed even enhances thought process and even gives you another out take on problems at hand. Hell, I bet we could go through all the seed banks and have the answers to most strains in no time. With just a little research and a word program you could compile some serious data on each variable and potency...I would separate it between Sativa and Indica first and then the THC & CBN content in all varieties of each and then you throw in how long it will last, taste and any other variable as to paint a picture of each for the uneducated minds to use as a guide. Do-able??? I think so...will it help??? who knows, but unless they are at least made aware of this fact, one never knows!!!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast