Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 168

Thread: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adult

  1. #76
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    leave no stone unturned!!!lol...

  2. #77
    Cannabis Connoisseur Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    I thought it was "no stone unappreciated" :-)

    Just had my evening bowl. So much in the news just pisses me off. MSNBC ran another article from NIDA saying that Cannabis "Could" increase you risk of heart disease... un fucking real...

    I was so pissed off by noon, I had to stop :-)

    Ok this is long-and from 2006 but it's as true today as ever.

    John Fugelsang| BIO | I'M A FAN OF THIS BLOGGER
    Taking the "Drug War"... Seriously
    Posted April 13, 2006 | 09:27 PM (EST)


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Breaking Home News



    I was watching Fox News the other night (because I'm a thinker) when I came across a commercial for the drug war. Perhaps you've seen it. It's the one that says "If you buy drugs, even pot, your money may go to fund terrorists.

    Now this was really an eye opener for me. I grew up in America's public schools, with all the traditional fear-mongering propaganda about Pot. You know what I'm talking about - all the horror stories they feed you about the evil things pot will do to your brain? I can't recall any of it right now, but you get the idea.

    They always told us "Pot makes you violent. And Lazy." Which never scared any kids I knew. I always thought if the violent people were lazy, we'd have a lot less crime. Imagine the thug who threatens, "I'm gonna kill you, man. Right after this burrito."

    And this is why so many kids have a hard time taking the drug war seriously. We're always changing the reasons, but the message stays the same. We keep telling them "drugs are bad! Drugs are bad! Drugs are bad!" and that, my friends, is not the problem.

    The problem is not that drugs are bad. The problem is that drugs are great. That's the problem.

    Addiction is bad. Overdosing is bad. Making stupid choices when you're high is bad, and all you potheads who paid to see "I Robot" know what I'm talking about.

    But now the White House is saying that if you buy pot, your money will go to terrorists. Clearly, the message George Bush is sending? Grow your own.

    I actually find it funny that the government is now actively linking the war on drugs to the current war on terror. You see, the Drug War as we know it began in that bastion of morality, San Francisco, back in 1873.

    Back then, Chinese immigrants were the group everybody was allowed to hate, and people really didn't like the thought of good Christian folks going to smoke in the o**m dens of "the heathen Chinese." . White people took o**m too, but they usually ate it, or shot it up. You know, the wholesome way.

    So they passed a law taxing imported smokable o***m. This is noteworthy, since besides the obvious racism, it was the first time the government used taxes not to raise money (as the founders intended), but to punish and control private behavior. Thus began a long tradition of drug laws that work about as well as British toothpaste.

    The well regulated, law abiding o***m houses shut down, the Chinese underworld grew stronger: violence erupted; lives disrupted; police and politicians corrupted; America interrupted.

    So it's extra ironic they'd link the drug war to the terror war. Because now that the Taliban is out of power, people can finally get decent o***m again.

    The Drug war's been around so long it seems like it's part of our heritage. But cannabis hemp was a major American crop from the earliest colonial days. The US census of 1850 counted 8000 hemp plantations.

    I'm going to repeat that, because I think it's worth noting. The 1850 US Census counted 8000 cannabis hemp plantations. Growing cannabis was as American as apple pie. And everyone knew that if you smoked the flowery top of the plant, you'd want to eat a lot of apple pies. But it was never a concern. Then, as now, the biggest drug problem was alcohol.

    When the government made Marijuana illegal in 1937, the American Medical Association officially protested. Because for hundreds of years, it's medicinal and industrial uses were well documented.

    Washington grew hemp at Mount Vernon. Thomas Jefferson grew it at Monticello, and actually helped smuggle rare hemp seeds out of China. Nowadays, they'd go to jail for it. That is, if we ever started locking up the rich white guys

    Benjamin Franklin started a colonial paper mill that made paper from hemp fiber. I'm not suggesting Ben ever smoked any - I'm sure lots of sober guys fly kites during thunderstorms.

    And since it's April, it's worth mentioning that from the 1600s to the 1800s, cannabis hemp was used as a currency - legal tender. In fact for over 200 years you could pay your taxes in cannabis hemp. So next April 15th, try to send the IRS a few loose marijuana cigarettes. I'm sure they'll appreciate your knowledge of our history, and you can even file it as a "joint return."

    The point is, Cannabis has been in America for hundreds of years - even longer than white people. But it's only been illegal for the past 70. So technically, decriminalizing it is the true Conservative point of view...

    And it's the issue of medical marijuana that makes this a moral battle. I grew up in a Catholic family. An extremely Catholic family. We used to have open casket reunions. Now I'm not anti-Christian at all. My Mother is an ex-nun and my Father an ex-Franciscan brother. I just view Jesus the way I view Elvis. I love the guy, but some of the fan clubs scare me.

    Because what I learned from the bible as a child was that Jesus was a radical nonviolent revolutionary; a man who hung around with lepers, hookers and crooks; who never spoke English and wasn't an American citizen; was anti-death penalty, anti-capitalist, anti public prayer (Matthew 6:5, please remind them) but Never anti gay; and was a long haired, brown skinned (yes, it's in there), homeless, middle eastern Jew. And all he wants us to do is love people - especially the people we don't like.

    So I have a hard time believing that JC would advocate locking up sick people.

    In 1996 the voters of California approved a medical marijuana proposal. The Clinton White House promptly put the kibosh on it. George W. Bush is also opposed to medical marijuana. Now both of these presidents have been vague, at best, about their drug histories. But they've had no problem locking up others for the same behaviors. Which I take as a sign that neither of them truly believes in the drug war.

    Because if they really felt at their core that illegal drug use was evil, they'd confess their crimes and ask forgiveness. Remember - if they thought it was a sin, they'd turn themselves in. Imagine Johnnie Cochran saying it - it'll sound better.

    I'm not saying that these two presidents are evil men. It's just part of why the drug war makes no sense. It's a thousand piece jigsaw puzzle where the pieces don't fit - and it's never going to look like what they promised you on the box..

    The drug war violates civil liberties, privacy rights, rights against search and seizure. It's led to out of control crime, corrupted law enforcement & business officials, and shown that the wealthy can get away with what the poor cannot - in short, it makes a mockery of any claim to be a free country.

    The war on drugs is a war on Americans. It's not even about race anymore , but class - and the only color that matters is lack of green.

    But we can't stop? You know why? We as a nation, a people, a tribe, are hooked.

    Like Caffeine, Ox^^%tin, fructose or Vi&*&din - we are addicted to the drug war.

    We know it doesn't work - we can't stop.
    We know it's too expensive and we can't afford it - we can't stop.
    We know there are a million people in prison and every year we pay 40 grand apiece to keep them in jail; when they could be out working, paying taxes and contributing to the economy - but we cannot stop.

    There are two types of people who keep repeating the same behaviors over and over, always expecting different outcome. Addicts, and crazy people.

    So we'd better hope we're addicts. Because I don't' want to believe the country I love is this insane. And the good news is this : if we are addicted, we can get treatment.

    I've had the pleasure of being on 2 different episodes of Politically InCorrect with Arianna Huffington, and to me she's a shining example of how an opened heart and an opened mind can enrich any community. My respect goes out to everyone intervening to help America break this ill-natured addiction.

    Thank you all for doing the Lord's work.
    Last edited by Boss; 05-13-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Edited out other ref.

  3. #78
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Amazing!

  4. #79
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    pac nor'west
    Posts
    2,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Just had my evening bowl. So much in the news just pisses me off. MSNBC ran another article from NIDA saying that Cannabis "Could" increase you risk of heart disease... un fucking real...

    I was so pissed off by noon, I had to stop :-)
    I read that and laughed at the absurdity - the risk is:

    "The marijuana users in the study averaged smoking 78 to 350 marijuana cigarettes per week, based on self-reported drug history, the researchers said."

    Show of hands - who here smokes at least 11 joints a day every day? How about 50 a day?

    The study didn't show that the users had heart disease. It's just a red herring.

  5. #80
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    I love the passion from you guys! It's inspiring to an old timer like me.

  6. #81
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Moose View Post
    leave no stone unturned!!!lol...
    KEWL play on words huh,lol? I thought you would like that!!! lol

  7. #82
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Im in. Lets get workin on it! Make a thread, every time you smoke a new strain post up in there and give a smoke report.

  8. #83
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Moose View Post
    I love the passion from you guys! It's inspiring to an old timer like me.
    Yeapper, gets me all teary eyed and stuff

    Show of hands - who here smokes at least 11 joints a day every day? How about 50 a day?
    Damn,
    I must be smokin' topShelf,
    I cain't get through 5-6 by myself, without at least one nap.


    Why not apply these unique features to the needs of individual people as to their individual needs. The info on each strain is there...so, why not study each one as a different needs, need different strains approach? They could break it down and give each their own identity and prescribe accordingly.
    A guide as you described would be an incredible study which would help add to the great advantages of marijuana that most people seem to miss. If enough information about MJ is brought to light, people will HAVE to accept it. Sort of how the outcome of a case is reliant upon a party's ability to prove something "beyond a reasonable doubt". They won't be able to keep their ignorant opinions if the truth.
    It's the same ol'Thang, close minded folks will not listen
    So ya' have to keep after Them!
    And
    We cain't seem to get Organized.
    Too many different factions, some that won't even say they are,
    info is spread all over the place
    and the paranoia.

    And yes, it would all be so much simpler is it was Legal.

  9. #84
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by donof View Post
    Text-book case of yellow journalism?
    Originally Posted by FreakNature View Post
    I read that and laughed at the absurdity - the risk is:

    "The marijuana users in the study averaged smoking 78 to 350 marijuana cigarettes per week, based on self-reported drug history, the researchers said."

    Show of hands - who here smokes at least 11 joints a day every day? How about 50 a day?

    The study didn't show that the users had heart disease. It's just a red herring.

    Jesus God!!!...who the fork is smoking 11-50 joints a day???!!! god,..I only need about 8-10 bowls a day at best, and thats if I'm smoking mids, But if I'm smoking "one hit wonder" grade I only need 5-6 hits at best. I'm currently smoking "White Widow" and "holy crap" that stuff stays with you for a while...that's what we've been talking about all along is that they need a marijuana grading system to use as a factual tool to base their studies on and not just keeping on saying it's stronger than it was in my day as if they didn't even enjoy it back then??? What they haven't grasped yet is the fact that people have different favorites for their high of choice...I personally just love a clean all day clear happy buzz with an intellectual side to it...I could sell ice to the Eskimos when I've been smoking that stuff...In fact, I need Mooses advice on a good choice for that particular brand of weed to acquire some time...any recommendations on that one Moose??? so thats what I'm talking about...How well can you function on this one and then that one and so on and so on...studies need to be conducted before stereotyping the whole lot!!! FACTS IS FACTS PEOPLE!!! get it right before judging me!!! The main thing here is to be responsible enough as a smoker to not try to get so toe up that you cant do everyday normal activities like working and taking care of your kids...I find in my own personal experience that with the right buzz going, that I am so much more in tuned to my 4yr old son and he just has a ball with his daddy and I also have an uncanny ability with animals when I'm high to the point that people can't believe it, almost like the Dog Whisperer, so you tell me that a pot smoker can't be an asset to the community!! I say that's a bunch of pure stereotypical bullshit!! Now I'll end with this point; I truly, whole heartedly believe that it has to be just what NORML says about ADULTS ONLY!!!PERIOD!!! kids need to get their education and smoking weed WILL interfere with that...why do I know that,you ask???...Because it forked up my education royally. I had little ambition to want to study because I was just looking for that next party or good time and school wasn't on my priority list!!! But as a grown man, I have a carrier and a life that I can call my own and I am responsible enough to balance out between fun and serious. You should always know your limitations and I think a guide like this would be an invaluable tool for adults to fallow in choosing their weed of choice...how cool is that idea???

  10. #85
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by DaMagoMan View Post
    Yeapper, gets me all teary eyed and stuff


    Damn,
    I must be smokin' topShelf,
    I cain't get through 5-6 by myself, without at least one nap.



    It's the same ol'Thang, close minded folks will not listen
    So ya' have to keep after Them!
    And
    We cain't seem to get Organized.
    Too many different factions, some that won't even say they are,
    info is spread all over the place
    and the paranoia.

    And yes, it would all be so much simpler is it was Legal.
    Ok...you hit the nail on the head...We have to unify people!!! maybe someone can answer this question that's bothered for a while now...Why cant sites like this be shoulder to shoulder in our struggle? I mean, why is there rivalry between them, when we all have the same common goal? and not just MJ forum sites but, ALL the activist groups? I told y'all I would be saying this again and again!!! UNIFICATION IS THE KEY!!!PERIOD!!! Now I know that there are some that have the wrong message and could actually do more harm than good but that is what education is for and their would most defiantly have to be a large panel of administrators to govern such a large group and the unsavory element's would have to be dealt with but, their could be so much gained by unification that it boggles the mind if you think about it. I absolutely love 420 mag and I think it's the best site like this I've ever seen, hands down. The people here are the most compassionate and informative of all the forums I've seen. I would not ever dream of rocking the boat here...so, my question on this is purely intended as a curiosity thing and not me trying to outsource anything as I would not dream of defacing my home away from home but, while I'm at home...lol...someone needs to step up to the plate and mesh everyone together but, where do you start? I think a letter to NORML and HT might be a start but, if they shoot it down I would not be surprised as agendas might be compromised, So what do we do? If anyone figures that one out, let me know as I'm all ears!!!

    By the way; I would like to think the creators of "White Widow" for all this analytical thought process...you see how it works?lol...laws should be created while smoking this stuff,LOLOLOL

  11. #86
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Because half of us are Black, as in Covert, The BlackBrotherHood.

    We can walk shoulder to shoulder *but*
    what's the possible fallout!?!

    One of my Ppls that didn't show for the march put it best,
    "I was too paranoid to stand around the capital with Y'all."
    Last edited by Frog; 05-14-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: damn fat nfingers

  12. #87
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by DaMagoMan View Post
    Yeapper, gets me all teary eyed and stuff


    Damn,
    I must be smokin' topShelf,
    I cain't get through 5-6 by myself, without at least one nap.



    It's the same ol'Thang, close minded folks will not listen
    So ya' have to keep after Them!
    And
    We cain't seem to get Organized.
    Too many different factions, some that won't even say they are,
    info is spread all over the place
    and the paranoia.

    And yes, it would all be so much simpler is it was Legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by donof View Post
    I believe that we wont be able to unify FULLY until a respected, like-able, and interesting person decides to lead this cause. How long it will take to get this needed leader? I don't know. What I do know is that we can help raise suspicions about the MJ law just by simply spreading knowledge.
    Ok, now we are on to something here, peep this one out...a Book needs to be written and co authored by people like us along with respected doctors and scientist that have taken all the compelling evidence from all these different strain effects to let people (i.e.; abolitions & politicians) know that there former studies are nothing more than disinformation and we are here to educate the masses!!! wow!!! I give my self chills sometimes!!!lol I can think of a few here that would be up to that task...cant Y'all? A book like this would not get anyone in particular in trouble so it's almost ingenious in it's nature and would just scare the fuck out of our counter parts...can you imagine the fear that something like this would instill? we need to spread the word to an uprising through the proper channels before any action can be taken on like this though. Letters and E-mails need to be sent as a driving force...all we need is this strain study to be conducted and then we could go from there....How Bout That??? He have to quit taking "NO" for an answer!!! I'd like to see the fear turned on them for a change!!! Damn, This WW is good...I just had another brain storm!!! We need to have seminars as well as a book on this unique fact about the different properties of these strains...you want to talk about marijuana education? start filling entire banquet halls with people as to teach a strain based re-education and about the safe new delivery systems they can use to achieve a more fully enlightened and forfilling lifestyle...sound like a plan? Here is something that needs to be addressed by each and every one of us; That is the fact that most people...even smokers, do not know that there is even such thing as two different base strains and mainly just growers only know that fact. We need to start telling our friends about the difference between Sativa & Indica and the mixes of the two...I think that people need to know there is a choice between couch lock and party weed and that some are just too powerful for a noob smoker. that is what WE can contribute on a more personal level. Hell...my dad has been smoking since the 60's and HE didn't even know that until I taught him a little something about growing. I mean, he knew that some were stronger than others, but the fact that they all had a name and each one had their own proven effect???he had no clue!!! Hell, for that matter...I didn't even know that, until I started my hobby!

  13. #88
    Cannabis Connoisseur Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    We have all the ammunition we need, we just have to fire it all at the same time.

  14. #89
    Cannabis Connoisseur Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    How about we form the World Cannabis Organization, and become a regulating body :-)

  15. #90
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    well..we need to get the word out somehow, yes ...but, I think Boss is right about letters and E-mails being a starting point but, who do you talk too?...I do think we need to take stock and get ducks in a row and first do some leg work to find out if anyone may be actually doing studies on a strain by strain analysis and even see if we could even be of assistance to them in a confidential way or what ever...we would have to hammer alot of stuff out before just getting all militant and scaring any real help we may have off...This will take kit gloves and an objective and tactful opinion. It will have to be a give a little take a little thing until the evidence starts pouring in to concur with our side and then we will have the ass to back up what we say with a fully analyzed case study . In the mean time, lets ALL do some home work as a band of Rebels with a cause to find anyone that may be already doing this research first & bookmark any pages that seem to lean towards these studies and they will be our first friends we have to make, we need to share our ideas with them and see if any will look into doing some research on this unique feature about marijuana and stress to them the importance of what could be something beautiful. I have been goggling stuff like "medical marijuana research" and "strain based marijuana research" and there are some studies in the works about different "outside the box" marijuana research out there but, I have yet to find one utilizing any info about the different strains having different strengths and different effects with a wide array of mood enhancements...Hell, some just makes you kinda mad at the world...lets face it, unless you acquire beans like the ones that are out there and grow them yourself then you really have no say so in what kind of weed you smoke and the effects it will have on you so...In that respect I can understand the paranoia to an extent...some weed is not for some people and thats a fact. It's like this, non motivational heavy Indicas do not need to be smoked by healthy individuals who are just wanting to deal with stress and someone with pain from surgery dose not need a up all day fast pace feeling of a pure Sativa. I just don't see them even distinguishing between the two in any of their studies, not to mention all the crosses that have beneficial uses as well and the fact that weed by induced natural selection can actually be suited to fit certain needs of different people...the Science is out there, just ask Smokin Moose!!! Right Moose? we just need some research done on this subject. Look!...screaming from the roof tops dose Nada bit of good without the ass to back your argument! You know I think it's time we let these doctors and scientist in on our little secrete about what we as hobbiest already know and there is already data for....just go to any bean site and it's all there for you, all you really need to do is make notes on every one in there. They already give a description of what you can expect from every one they sell and we all know this fact...but, do you think they know this? It's doubtful! A little leg work would be all we need to compile this evidence. That is another good starting point.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast