Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 168

Thread: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adult

  1. #91
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Contact Marco Renda, a member here, who publishes Treating Yourself Magazine. He has done some ground work on this, and may be able to steer you towards the info you need, or folks who are studying this. Marco is also a sponsor of 420 Magazine. Treating Yourself

  2. #92
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East of the Mississippi
    Posts
    2,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Will I get a tWEED jacket with a lapel bud?
    Last edited by Herb Fellow; 05-15-2008 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Had to add the lapel bud

  3. #93
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Herb, you crack me up mate. tWeed it is lol. Supersized tWeed at that!

  4. #94
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo e View Post
    well..we need to get the word out somehow, yes ...but, I think Boss is right about letters and E-mails being a starting point but, who do you talk too?...I do think we need to take stock and get ducks in a row and first do some leg work to find out if anyone may be actually doing studies on a strain by strain analysis and even see if we could even be of assistance to them in a confidential way or what ever...we would have to hammer alot of stuff out before just getting all militant and scaring any real help we may have off...This will take kit gloves and an objective and tactful opinion. It will have to be a give a little take a little thing until the evidence starts pouring in to concur with our side and then we will have the ass to back up what we say with a fully analyzed case study . In the mean time, lets ALL do some home work as a band of Rebels with a cause to find anyone that may be already doing this research first & bookmark any pages that seem to lean towards these studies and they will be our first friends we have to make, we need to share our ideas with them and see if any will look into doing some research on this unique feature about marijuana and stress to them the importance of what could be something beautiful. I have been goggling stuff like "medical marijuana research" and "strain based marijuana research" and there are some studies in the works about different "outside the box" marijuana research out there but, I have yet to find one utilizing any info about the different strains having different strengths and different effects with a wide array of mood enhancements...Hell, some just makes you kinda mad at the world...lets face it, unless you acquire beans like the ones that are out there and grow them yourself then you really have no say so in what kind of weed you smoke and the effects it will have on you so...In that respect I can understand the paranoia to an extent...some weed is not for some people and thats a fact. It's like this, non motivational heavy Indicas do not need to be smoked by healthy individuals who are just wanting to deal with stress and someone with pain from surgery dose not need a up all day fast pace feeling of a pure Sativa. I just don't see them even distinguishing between the two in any of their studies, not to mention all the crosses that have beneficial uses as well and the fact that weed by induced natural selection can actually be suited to fit certain needs of different people...the Science is out there, just ask Smokin Moose!!! Right Moose? we just need some research done on this subject. Look!...screaming from the roof tops dose Nada bit of good without the ass to back your argument! You know I think it's time we let these doctors and scientist in on our little secrete about what we as hobbiest already know and there is already data for....just go to any bean site and it's all there for you, all you really need to do is make notes on every one in there. They already give a description of what you can expect from every one they sell and we all know this fact...but, do you think they know this? It's doubtful! A little leg work would be all we need to compile this evidence. That is another good starting point.
    Contact Marco Renda here if you need advice on strains for illnesses. weedmaster@treatingyourself.com

  5. #95
    420 Member Strive4Wisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Central Cali
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    The most blatant hypocritical aspect of this is the fact that one of the most dangerous drugs, to health, society, and human nature is made perfectly legal. It is by far the most detrimental substance that the human race partakes in consuming. It is not a secret. It is not a new development. If health and safety of the people were really on these "leaders" minds, then alcohol would be a schedule 1 substance. So since we are being so outlandishly denied life enhancing medicines while the worst of drugs are promoted daily with no second thoughts, we really need to decide who is going to keep telling us what we can and can't do. The voice of the people? Or the lies of the few? With the abundant knowledge we have access to in this day in age, it is more than easy to see through the mind games and word play. If we chose to change this way of life it will happen. Life operates on the principle of free will, what we want we get. So if the majority of people can be tricked into thinking that variable x is what they should want life to be, that is what they focus on and get. This is the basis of controlling other people, it is simply the persuasion of their free will. It takes a great deal of effort and distraction to lead people away from the truth. On the other hand, truth does not have to be force fed or manipulated to be appealing. People everywhere are waking up and it is a heart felt joy to see it. That is why there is so much negative propoganda being directed towards this plant, as well as the myriad of other parts of our lives, from the government and the companies that control it, whom in turn are controlled by their insane, unquenchable thirst for control. It is obvious that lies are exponentially harder to maintain than truth. So I believe the question is who is going to lead the people: bringers of the truth, or propogators of lies? Each individual has to decide what he/she wants this life and this world to be about. What is going to be important in your life? I know looking the other way isnt appealing to me anymore. The truth is out. The cracks in the system are easy to see. Its up to us how long we want to take to make it crumble. Spread the truth and speak out!

  6. #96
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Moose View Post
    Contact Marco Renda here if you need advice on strains for illnesses. weedmaster@treatingyourself.com
    Thanks Moose, your the best, M8

  7. #97
    420 Member Strive4Wisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Central Cali
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    my above post might be a bit out of context but i read something on the first page or two that set me off

  8. #98
    Cannabis Connoisseur Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    FYI People, for my sake, add paragraphs to your longer posts. I have a hard time staying on the lines...

  9. #99
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    ^I agree. It is very difficult to read a long post without structure.

  10. #100
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by Strive4Wisdom View Post
    The most blatant hypocritical aspect of this is the fact that one of the most dangerous drugs, to health, society, and human nature is made perfectly legal. It is by far the most detrimental substance that the human race partakes in consuming. It is not a secret. It is not a new development. If health and safety of the people were really on these "leaders" minds, then alcohol would be a schedule 1 substance. So since we are being so outlandishly denied life enhancing medicines while the worst of drugs are promoted daily with no second thoughts, we really need to decide who is going to keep telling us what we can and can't do. The voice of the people? Or the lies of the few? With the abundant knowledge we have access to in this day in age, it is more than easy to see through the mind games and word play. If we chose to change this way of life it will happen. Life operates on the principle of free will, what we want we get. So if the majority of people can be tricked into thinking that variable x is what they should want life to be, that is what they focus on and get. This is the basis of controlling other people, it is simply the persuasion of their free will. It takes a great deal of effort and distraction to lead people away from the truth. On the other hand, truth does not have to be force fed or manipulated to be appealing. People everywhere are waking up and it is a heart felt joy to see it. That is why there is so much negative propoganda being directed towards this plant, as well as the myriad of other parts of our lives, from the government and the companies that control it, whom in turn are controlled by their insane, unquenchable thirst for control. It is obvious that lies are exponentially harder to maintain than truth. So I believe the question is who is going to lead the people: bringers of the truth, or propogators of lies? Each individual has to decide what he/she wants this life and this world to be about. What is going to be important in your life? I know looking the other way isnt appealing to me anymore. The truth is out. The cracks in the system are easy to see. Its up to us how long we want to take to make it crumble. Spread the truth and speak out!
    Well it's like this...we as smokers have been so oppressed for so long that it will take a total re-education of main stream society and you had better believe that the Drug, alcohol & tobacco companies are going to fight tooth and nail to keep it down too. What we are going to have to do is get off our lazy asses and start a gathering so big that no amount of money or power can hide it from the truth but like I said before, we are going to have to have the hard evidence in hand before we will have a leg to stand on.

    I mean people need to know a few things before we just start marching in the streets. Certain people need to know about the safer delivery systems that have been developed and the fact that every strain is different from each other and that weed can be genetically altered to fit certain needs...people need to know this. We as smokers have to let them know that not all weed is this super potent substance that just makes you fall into a comatose state that you cant function on...We know this already but do you think they do? My guess is, NO.

    Like I said before...most smokers don't even know there is such thing as a Sativa & an Indica and that they have almost total opposite effects. Most of them just know it as happy weed or sleepy weed without even knowing why that is. So I think a strain research could be an invaluable tool for our mission but don't expect some kind of over night rock the world findings but more of a proving that they have been misinformed all these years and the new evidence counters that. We need a big gun to put a good taste in everyone's mouths to replace the bad taste that the government has placed there since the 60's.

    You can start by doing research & talking to people you know about the fact that not all marijuana strains are alike and that if we can get this into the light and counter these hardened beliefs then we might stand a chance. I believe we need a guideline to fallow before we just start talking blindly about it though. There has to be structure and organization...A method to the madness, if you will. I you go into something without all the facts in hand as to be a reckoning force of knowledge, then you can expect alot of low blows from our counterparts. POWER IN NUMBERS, WITH KNOWLEDGE IN HAND!!! Dose this make since?

    I think alot of doctors are taking a real close look into vapor technology right now and if we let them in on a new strain research idea they will start getting excited about it...I believe doctors and scientist will be our biggest allies in our fight because by nature it is their job to search for the truth. Most of them will still be skeptical at first but as time goes on and more research comes to light, more and more will switch sides.

    I do think it is a winnable fight but it will take time. We HAVE to win hearts and minds here & the only way is hard proof! I also believe that once we have this hard evidence we need to send a message to the DEA that we are not going to sit back and take what they are dishing out anymore, All the knowledge they have on weed is only gathered after they have disrupted lives and tainted by people just trying to get them selves out of trouble. The DEA will only listen to other cops and we need to get "LEAP" (law enforcement against prohibition) involved with this as well.
    Last edited by Herb Fellow; 05-15-2008 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Fixed paragraphs :)

  11. #101
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    FYI People, for my sake, add paragraphs to your longer posts. I have a hard time staying on the lines...
    A reminder please. It's important that you guys pay heed to paragraph structure. You have some very insightful ideas, but it is daunting to plough through one huge paragraph, and many folks will not read it because of the mass of lengthy text.
    I have no issues as a mod, but I can tell you that the quality of the post is severely diminished.

  12. #102
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Moose View Post
    A reminder please. It's important that you guys pay heed to paragraph structure. You have some very insightful ideas, but it is daunting to plough through one huge paragraph, and many folks will not read it because of the mass of lengthy text.
    I have no issues as a mod, but I can tell you that the quality of the post is severely diminished.
    Sorry Moose...I just get to thinking and writing and it just pours out from the heart & before I know it I have written a freakin book...I'll try and keep it more to the point from now on. Maybe just I need to write a freakin book,lol

  13. #103
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Thanks mate. It will help get your message out.

  14. #104
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Moose View Post
    Thanks mate. It will help get your message out.
    Thanks Moose, but I prefer to think of it as our message. You guys are a God send and just what we need to push this project!!!

  15. #105
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

    Ok, here is where we stand and a few things that need to happen before our dream is realized.

    1. Get doctors and scientist involved; we have to share the idea of a strain by strain research on potency and effects of both Indica & Sativa and all the variations of them and that they can be tailor made to fit individual needs.

    2. Write your local reps; Letters and E-mails to the powers that be need to know that, sure there are some super potent forms of MJ but there are still alot of them that are very easy to maintain on to the point that they actually give you energy and are great for stress relief.

    3. Educate your friends; It is a fact that most people (even smokers) are not aware that there are even such thing as Sativa & Indica and that they should have a choice in deciding which kind fits there lifestyle.

    4. Unification; (Maybe the most important) We need to get the word out to every MJ group and forum out there that we are pulling together and we need total commitment and support from everyone as one large entity.

    5.Research data; We need this confirmed data as to write a compelling paper or book as to enlighten the masses to these new findings and that marijuana is not this horrible beast that drives people insane.

    6.Education; We need to hold seminars where the doctors and scientist can release there findings and let people know that there are safe ways to use marijuana. Most people don't even know that it can be made into pill form or even that there is such a thing as a vaporizer.

    7.Intentions; People need to know that we are totally for a "Responsible Adults Only" stance on marijuana reform and that we do not condone the casual use of it by school kids! This is most people's biggest fear and we need to be stewards and mentors to these kids to not let them get involved.

    8.Support; We need to form support groups that teach people how to use marijuana in a safe way that can be both forefilling and therapeutic and that there lives can be changed for the better.

    9.Commitment Smokers by nature are quick to loose interest in things. I believe this is due to the lack of motivation of some of the weed we smoke (myself included!) I believe we should think about what we are growing and smoking as to figure out what works best to keep us motivated and focused all day long so that when it comes time to act like we have some since, we are not just so stoned out that we get stupid. Dose that make since? We have to set a good example as a canna society, otherwise people will never take us seriously.

    There is room for alot more ways we can get this done so anyone with good ideas needs to bring them to the table now as we need all the ammo we can get!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast