'Green-Fingered' Cannabis Grower

Herb Fellow

A "green-fingered" man with a background in electrical engineering avoided jail today after admitting growing 40 cannabis plants in his Oxford home. Oxford Crown Court heard Leonardo Wieland, of Henley Road, Sandford-on-Thames, cultivated the drugs after learning about horticulture from his parents, who earn a living growing orchids in South Africa. Wieland, 31, admitted producing Class C drugs at a hearing at Oxford Magistrates' Court last month.

Jonathan Stone, prosecuting, said police raided the house where Wieland was staying in Greater Leys on November 14 last year and found the plants in an upstairs bedroom and attic. He said: "It was a professional set-up. All the usual things were there - bright lights, water butts and so on."

Graham Russell, defending, said: "The defendant comes from a family of people with green fingers. His mother and father are professional orchid growers. "He knows how these things work. He has been brought up around hydroponic equipment."

Mr Russell added Wieland also had a background in electrical engineering but was now a trainee tent maker. He said the cannabis was for Wieland's personal use, but he had recently made efforts to kick his addiction.

Handing him a six-month jail sentence, suspended for 18 months, Mr Recorder Harold Persaud said: "I don't recall having to sentence anyone with green fingers where their green fingers have got them into trouble - you are the first."

He ordered Wieland to pay £275 costs and undertake 40 hours of unpaid work.

Source: Oxford Mail
Copyright: 2008, Oxford Mail

I think it's time to identify and post people that live around the world to combat false reporting. This "Oxford Mail" should have been slammed immediately for suggesting that there was an "addiction" involved here. They slip these words into the articles, validating (Falsely) whatever claims they wish to "Prove".

It's these little lies, dropped into articles all over the world, that propagate the mis-information all over the world, and many people beleive what they read, without doing fact checking because "Reporters do the fact checking".

Do you think I should delete the story, Boss?

No, I think it's a great story to prove bias and descrimination amoung the judges out there. He was growing 40 plants, but because they knew his parents were orchid growers, he got off light. He should have gotten off light, but not for that reason. In the U.S., he would get off easy because he was a first offender and probably white. If he were black or any other minority in the U.S. he would be seeing 4 years behind bars.

Yeah, he got off pretty light compared to U.S. system. I started to say "Justice" system, but I think it is time we dropped that word, for there is no justice for the cannabis user. The racial discrimination in the U.S. is terrible. It isn't so much people in general, but the legal system. Culturally, I think we have come a long way.

I wish Hillary would drop out. Everyday that she stays in the race, her credibility goes down. Her experience isn't in following the constitution. I have a poster of her in my shop. She is dressed like she was a show girl in an old western and it reads, "Whitewater isn't over until the First Lady sings." How quickly people forget what her "experience" is really!

There is no doubt that she is just out for herself. She wants to go down in history as the first U.S. President. But in reality, she would just be another stupid president, except she just happens to be female.

Back
Top Bottom