2,000 Marijuana Plants Removed From Suburban Homes

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
OAK CREEK - A huge pot bust in southeast Wisconsin. The marijuana was being grown in the suburbs. At least two thousand plants were seized from homes in Oak Creek, Franklin and Sturtevant. The drugs are worth up to $5 million.

When a resident noticed some strange behavior from his neighbor in this house, it led police to an incredible discoveryaE&an enormous pot growing operation. Police wouldn't have found $3 million to $5 million worth of marijuana in four suburban homes if it wasn't for a neighbor's sharp eyes.

"We received a tip from a concerned citizen which started the whole investigation," Oak Creek Police Lt. John Edwards said.

That tip call led police to the massive pot growing scheme in homes in Oak Creek, Franklin, and Sturtevant. Amy Potts says she lived next door to one of the pot growers for a year, but she had no idea what he really did.

"I asked him, aEdo you work out of town?' He said, aEyes, I work north,'" Potts said.

Potts never saw the 2,000 marijuana plants police confiscated, but she started noticing suspicious behavior.

"He was very, very private. Yard care was usually not taken care of, shades were not open, in the entire year we've lived here not once," Potts said.

Police already busted five people in the drug ring. Potts is glad someone reported what they saw.

"In hindsight, I guess the thing is to listen to your gut. My first instinct is there was something odd, not normal living behavior, and I would usually just tell the kids to stay in their own yard," Potts said.

The crooks are expected to face federal charges. Police say they are investigating whether this drug ring is connected to arrests in other states.

Authorities are burning most of the marijuana plants. Chopper 4 was over the burn site Wednesday evening. Some of the pot plants have to be saved for evidence.

Webpage: https://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/19171...
Newshawk: [BOT] DrugSenseBot's Home

i been there before,frigin nosy neibors,somtimes when you just mind your own biz,and never bug any one,that looks more suspicious?? i dont get it.

2000 plants is a nice little grow op. Too bad a nosey fricken neighbor had to butt in! Hopefully Karma will bite the neighbor in the ass for interferring. It's not like there was a lot of traffic or any signs other than a unkept yard. Heck...I have 4.5 acres of weeds. Thankfully my neighbors property looks exactly the same.lol

Back
Top Bottom