Japanese Customs Stashes Dope in Innocent Passenger's Bag

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
AN unsuspecting passenger who flew to Tokyo has a large package of cannabis in their luggage - courtesy of a bungled Customs training exercise. An officer at Narita International Airport yesterday stuffed 142 grams of the drug into the side pocket of a randomly-selected black suitcase coming off an overseas flight so that the animal could detect it. "The dog couldn't find it and the officer also forgot which bag he put it in," a Customs office spokeswoman said. "If by some chance passengers find it in their suitcase, we're asking them to return it."

The 38-year-old officer was quoted by the spokeswoman as saying: "I knew that using passengers' bags (for sniffer dog training) is prohibited, but I did it because I wanted to improve the sniffer dog's ability." He was reprimanded by the head of Customs at Narita airport. "This case was extremely regrettable. I would like to deeply apologise," said the airport's Customs chief Manpei Tanaka.

The cannabis, which has a street value of one million yen ($A10,100), was in a metal box wrapped with newspapers. Japan strictly prohibits both hard and soft drugs, with people imprisoned for possession of even small amounts of cannabis.

Source: Advertiser, The (Australia)
Copyright: 2008 Advertiser Newspapers Ltd

This is crazy! Maybe the customs agent should write a "how to" book for smugglers!

Wouldn't you freak if you got home and found 142 grams of cannabis in your bag?!

I would be paranoid as hell if I found that in my bag. What do they expect? - The unknowing passenger to return to the airport asking, "Excuse me officer, is this your cannabis?"

^ seriously, sign me up NOW! I love how they use so much pot too! you couldnt just stash an oz for the dog? it seems a little excessive, but then again i just took a few gravity rips. haha

OMF'nG!!! I dont know what i'd do. That's a helluva present, but I live in the hood, so that would make me paranoid. (should i smoke, sell, or get rid of it cause it could be a setup) prolly smoke tho cause ya'll know it was some bomb:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom