Surfer Discovers Pot Stash On Del Mar Beach

Herb Fellow

DEL MAR, Calif. - A surfer returning from a sunrise outing on the breakers Wednesday found a stash of more than 70 pounds of marijuana on a North County beach, a sheriff's sergeant reported. The man discovered the cannabis underneath a tarp on a rock outcropping on the shoreline off the 1100 block of Camino del Mar about 6 a.m. and immediately notified the sheriff's department, Sgt. Marcos Ramirez said.

"Responding deputies recovered approximately 70 and one-half pounds of marijuana," he said. "More marijuana was found in a trash can in the (beach) parking area."

The origin of the pot, which was bundled in 1-kilogram packages and two large burlap sacks, was unknown, though several people reported seeing a small boat in the area about 3 a.m., the sergeant said.

News Moderator: Herb Fellow - 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: San Diego News, San Diego, California Weather & Sports Online - KGTV 10News.com
Copyright: 2008, City Wire
Website: Surfer Discovers Pot Stash On Del Mar Beach - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

A SURFER called the Sheriff's office? Wow! Must have been some pretty lousy stuff. I seriously doubt that I would not have called the sheriff. Does that make me a bad citizen?
UNBELIEVABLE! 70+ pounds. Must have been some REALLY lousy stuff.

Oops!
Meant to say that "I seriously doubt that I would have called the sheriff."

Holy Shit. 70 pounds!!! I'm with Boss on this one. If I had found that stash- there would be no story.Just one red eyed chick with a goofy ass smile from ear to ear.

i would have called the police after testing and determining how much i want either for resale or personal use................. if it was regs thered be 50 pounds left anything better thered be like 20 pounds left

A SURFER called the Sheriff's office? Wow! Must have been some pretty lousy stuff. I seriously doubt that I would not have called the sheriff. Does that make me a bad citizen?
UNBELIEVABLE! 70+ pounds. Must have been some REALLY lousy stuff.

Hey HillBilly I surfed all thru high school growing up and there is not 1 surfer I can ever think of that did not smoke.....call and report it WTF? Man I would not have left even a seed behind for the pigs to get!:cheesygrinsmiley:

I knew lots of surfers that didn't smoke it, just to give this a little perspective.

I'm pretty sure there are lots that don't just sayin that I have never seen one......why just why?

its unfortunate that the wrong surfer stumbled upon it. This surfer would have taken a little for head stash.

Hmmm. The Bandon Oregon coast in the 70's > reminds me of what Thai beachcombing was all about:)~~, amazing what was washing up allover those shorelines, never heard anything in the media though. Heck even the county had all new vehicles for a few good years.. not a bad right break either..

I bet there was 100 lb's and was found at 5a.m. as that is when wind has not picked up yet and surf is cleaner as I was an avisd surfer before became disabled surfing with University of Florida Surf Team for 3 years.:yummy:

They are probably giggling & tokin', tokin' & a giggling as they are reading this thread!

Back
Top Bottom