20 yr grower - 1st post - defoliation for larger yields

lessismore12

So...
I have been dealing with the cannabis plant for 20 years,Both outdoor and indoor
Every day i garden 8-12 hours..everyday,seven days a week..minus holidays and family vaca..then my doberman water!
After my day of gardening i almost always sit down smoke the killa and educate myself further on the topic of marijauna growth and development. I read article after articla, studies,side by sides, cons,pros on every topic.
But.....there is one topic i am sick of reading negative bullshit on..
I have been defoliating and supper cropping fro 20 plus years. I read countless thread on suppercropping..guys show there master plants..lol..my plants are about to make u shut your mouth..if i have to read one more thread that sais defoliation hurts the plant,stresses the plant, affects the yield and. Growth..whom ever is posting that is a liar and a fraud who lives in a closeminded growing compound..
Not only does defoliation help the plant, u cannot increase your yields by a larger number any other way. I have grown over 500 strains , small, large,outdoor,indoor. ..i have also made every mistake in the game. My current rooms consist of 8 1000w digital ballast..8 daystar hoods..NO CO2!lights..8 plants, i never put more than one plant under one light indoor, u can smash the yield without crowded mess....my average plant is 24-40 inches tall and 10-16 ft around at end of flower..with an average dry yield of. 1.4-1.8 lbs each..mostly indica..but i have a few nl, so-gouda sativas that ive trained to produce over 1 lb each. Also remember, i use no co2 supplement..with elite growing knowledge it is simply uneeded.
My plants get completley de fan leaved by week 3 of flower..the very next day the explosion of bud swell is amazing.. the lower buds quickly catch up in size n form..hardness..when growng in coco u have complete control of everything...i would like to teach any non comformist some proven ways. ..start with the less is more mantality. I am in the process of uploading pics for u guys who will tell me u lose yield, kill solar panels..blah blah..everyday in nature a deer walks up to a pot plant and strips its leaves..guess what happens..it growers bigger n stronger..not only do i take fan leaves..i take most lall leaves after week 7..and the INSTANT..swell is incredible..also flushing with straight water n sometimes mollases or a sweetner but normally just water because if grown n dried properly all ganja will be dank sensimilia.. in my area i educate alot of deserving people with techniques to improve the medicine and there life. I have developed and tested techniques that most argue over but never truely try. In 1950 we sure as hell didnt know 2014 would be as it is. You nay sayers on defoliation and other worldly growing techniques have no choice but to eventually except..science is redefined every

Re: 20 yr grwr..1st post...defoliation for larger yields.

nice one pal i totally agree with defoliation and lollipopping...im only on my 4th batch but ive always defoliated and lollypopped and achieved up 6 seven ounce but thru other complications all three batches died,but also i did supercrop,fimm,defoliate,lollypop etc and used bat guano and fish fertiliser to achieve this and on the last(3rd)batch i used a little homemade C02 from sugar warm water and yeast...Time for dinner https://www.420magazine.com/community/styles/420style/smilies/bravo.gif

Hi lessismore12.

Just wanted to drop by and welcome you to 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers here.

I'm always interested in hearing from someone with positive experiences that "challenge" the conventional wisdom and the photos above are of truly lovely girls. I did note that in the pictures posted none of the plants appear to have recently defoliated and wondered if that is just a coincidence?

Be well and happy growing .

For some reason i cant upload pics now..im gonna do it from my wifes phone..the pictures im about to post r 4 plants in week 6 flower about to recieve final defoliation.

Welcome.

Somebody pissed ya off huh? Lol
I read a lot more on these forums then I have ever posted. It really is amazing how folks can argue all day, each one of them sounding correct making sensible arguments. Then u have ppl who simply spew bad info not nearly as many here on 420mag as the forum in which I previously was a member. This one seems to be the best. I scrog and multiple defoliations have done me well. I'm still learning.
Looks like u grow some big plants indoors. Nice work.

There are some bad ass, cutting edge growers here, anybody including a 20 yr veteran grower can learn things on this forum I'm sure.

My thought on defoliation is this:
The plant needs leaves for photosynthesis, the leaves are in the way of the buds, remove the leaves buds get bigger, existing leaves do too, new leaves grow. I have proven defoliation works well in my own garden.

For my scrog I take a shit ton of leaves before I flip, and after the stretch I take a bunch more. I never ever would wanna 100% defoliate the plant, that's not what you're talking about either? Right?
In the pics your plants have a healthy amount of fan leaves.

nice one pal i totally agree with defoliation and lollipopping...im only on my 4th batch but ive always defoliated and lollypopped and achieved up 6 seven ounce but thru other complications all three batches died,but also i did supercrop,fimm,defoliate,lollypop etc and used bat guano and fish fertiliser to achieve this and on the last(3rd)batch i used a little homemade C02 from sugar warm water and yeast...Time for dinner https://www.420magazine.com/community/styles/420style/smilies/bravo.gif

1) lessismore doesn't use CO2, that was one of his points, that great yields don't require CO2, just grower skill

2) how do you get 6-7 oz/plant when u said they all died?
That doesn't make sense.

I am interested in seeing more Pics lessismore.

1) lessismore doesn't use CO2, that was one of his points, that great yields don't require CO2, just grower skill

2) how do you get 6-7 oz/plant when u said they all died?
That doesn't make sense.

I am interested in seeing more Pics lessismore.
read cosely the comment on all 3 dying was me (jackmove) and 3 is a typo .my first 2 died and were huge the third one weighed yesterday after a week curing came to 7half oz on ma 4th now but cant manage pics at mo cos am new to the sight but got pics of the bigboy to come...also pics of it on regen

@ lessismore, are you going to do a grow journal?
i would be very interested in watching you work from seedling to harvest.
i will be taking notes sir, reps to you.

- musshy

SOOO true, My first ever grow I was taught defoliation from an old school grower who taught me everything I know. He has since passed on, but I have always remembered this one important thing and I'll quote "Plants only use so much energy to grow, why grow big green leaves? Remove them and she'll grow big green buds!"-Kurt. This man grew phenomenal herb, and made me a fan for life of Afghan Kush. I've always grown outdoor, only way I know how. I'm here to learn. lessismore please start a grow journal, I'm here to take notes brother!!
Peace and Love
Chaotic

Hi ans welcome ... I am presently growing 20 plants, my first grow. I also read alot about cannabis and have read both sides on de foliation ... so I decided to do an experiment. I cut the fan leaves off of my biggest plant, but it still looks scraggly, althouh it grew 2 inches in 1 day ... I am anxious to see the difference in yield.

:welcome: & Great info, thanks! Newbie and quiet interested in defoil, will make notes :) :bongrip:

:goodjob:

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom