From Colombia!

red rider

Greetings, I am an American married to a Colombian and I've been living in Colombia (Bogota) for almost a decade now. I fell in love with Colombian cannabis back in the late 70s and since 2004 I've been searching for and cultivating the finest "pure" Colombians I can find locally. I haven't been everywhere in Colombia but I've traveled quite a bit over the years and collected seed and bud from many remote regions in rural Colombia. There has been a lot of hybridization of Colombian cannabis over the years with the introduction of Dutch and North American genetics but I search for only the rarest of pure Colombians. I've found the traditional Colombian strains such as Santa Marta Gold and the infamous Punto Rojo as well as other local strains that are micro produced and never leave the country. My quest is to collect and preserve Colombian genetics in their native land under ideal growing conditions. It is my belief that with global legalization Colombia will once again be known for its unique tropical high altitude sativa. I invite you to join me in my quest and experience the new Colombia!

red rider

:welcome: red rider to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
If you intend to grow, I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!
Greenest Regards,
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Beateo

Sounds sweet! Pictures of columbian adventures please! One day I hope to make it down there for a motorcycle adventure.
Thank you so much OttawaGreen! I'm actually half Canadian myself although I've never lived there. Many motos in Colombia, more than cars I bet. I have a very interest story, if you've ever had Colombian this will bring back some memories.

red rider

Welcome Red Rider:).....will you be starting a Grow Journal.....if you will be growing that will be the best way for you to share your grow and experiences with the many great members on this site;)......My Hospitality Team Partner Beateo has supplied some great links to get you started:)....Just let him or me know if you need anything:)

Greenest Regards
:green_heart:

Green Dreamz
:Namaste:

Thank you very much, it is a great pleasure to be here and share my Colombian experience. Colombian cannabis has become somewhat forgotten now days, but there was a time when Colombian was the best and some of us would smoke nothing less. Colombia’s equatorial location and mountainous terrain offers a magnitude of micro climates that are ideal for drug cannabis cultivation. In the late sixties Colombia began to produce drug strain cannabis for export to the world and for a short time out produced even Mexico. At its peak Colombian cannabis went commercial and the high quality was sacrificed for quantity to meet the huge demand. Then came the cocaine and cannabis exportation was replaced with the much more profitable product. You can still find Colombian cannabis exports now days but it’s somewhat rare and the really high quality never leaves the country. About twelve years ago I started seeing a new strain in Bogota call “Crippa” or crippy which is modern (Dutch) genetics grown in Colombia. Nothing wrong with Crippa in fact it’s just like any other high quality hybrid you can find in any major city in the world. Crippa has all but wiped out the domestic demand for the traditional Colombian strains and is very common now in Bogota. I like Crippa, I smoke it and cultivate it but my passion lies in the rare pure Colombians. There are literally millions of cannabis growers in Colombia now most grow Crippa for the obvious reasons, quick finishing dense aromatic buds make more profit. However Colombia has little infrastructure outside of the major cities leaving most of Colombia in rural isolation. It’s these remote high mountain towns and farms here I search for Colombian drug strains that have never been hybridized, only inbred selections for decades. These are the strains I will present to you here with my photos and stories as they happen. I’ve also spent years growing here in Colombia. From 2004-2007 I grew out hundreds of plants from local domestic seed to exotic imports from around the globe, all documented and photographed in the Colombian highlands. More to come.

red rider

Is marijuana legal in columbia?
I am seeing that it is now a cheap vacation destination for me but don't want to get the old tourist arrest trick.

Hello my friend OttawaGreen! Personal dose drugs are indeed legal in Colombia and have been for the last 28 years. In Colombia one can legally posses 20gr cannabis flowers, 5gr Hashish 1gr Cocaine and a small amount of ecstasy without being arrested or detained. However it is not legal to buy sell or use publicly and really bad things can happen if you're caught (see Midnight express). Be careful in Colombia but DO NOT try to bring back anything because airport security here is the best in the world and you will be caught. As far as a vacation destination for weed you are looking at the right place. Cartagena, Santa Marta, Bogota, Medellin are great places to start from and are quite safe. Weed is easy to find and will be of mid quality unless you know someone and of course there are other things like coke that I don't use or recommend. It's legal here on the books but I recommend strongly that keeping a low profile is the best bet.

red rider

Back
Top Bottom