New to growing

Good day all,

Having spent the last week or two lurking and consuming huge amounts of information from this incredible site's resources and participants, I've started a grow journal (should be in my signature) and hope to have some assistance here and there where needed.

I'm growing in a DS120 4'x4'x6.5' tent with a 125w CFL in the corner for extra light, but a 4x led from Twilight as the main light source. Currently using sunshine mix 4 in 11 liter (3 gallon) pots and a couple 2ish gallon air pots.

Local hydro guy convinced me on day one to just go with Dutch Nutrient Formula grow A+b and Bloom A+B for flowering. Only other supliment I currently have is Cal Mag.

6 plants total for now, 4 different strains, all planted in their final homes straight from germinating in paper towel.

I'm about 2 weeks since they sprouted, and seem to be doing fine. I'm unsure when to start in with the nutes, and if I should be soaking these big pots or just giving the little ladies a couple cups of water (and nutes when the time comes) until they get to a certain size.

Sorry if I turned my intro into a help desk question. And sorry in advance for all the apologies I'll give out. Canadian.

Great site, great people, thanks All!

Thanks folks, quite the joint ya got going here.

I enjoy it. Just wish I could sit down and burn one with everyone I've "met" here. If you need any help navigating around Arteekay just shout at me. I'll help where I can.

Thanks Mr Am4zin, link to my grow journal is in my sig. Please do tag along, I may need all the help I can get! ;-)

Seriously though, I think I'm on the verge of underwatering. I know, odd for a noob, but I'm so terrified of loving them to death I may have been too stingy on the H20. I'll find out tonight when I get home.

Thanks Mr Am4zin, link to my grow journal is in my sig. Please do tag along, I may need all the help I can get! ;-)

Seriously though, I think I'm on the verge of underwatering. I know, odd for a noob, but I'm so terrified of loving them to death I may have been too stingy on the H20. I'll find out tonight when I get home.

Keep cool, bro.
When growers over-water, they almost alway wonder what went wrong with their plant(s).
When a grower under-waters a they know it. The plant tells you about it on no uncertain terms. :cheesygrinsmiley:
When a plant finally gets thirsty, they show you quickly, and it is very obvious. I checked two of mine yesterday morning and they were fine. By evening they were calling me bad names and flipping me off. I gave them a drink, they thanked me and said we could be friends again.

Had it figured that under-watered is far easier to fix that over, and I'd been pretty stingy since they got their first soak, and that was two weeks ago.

First timers, so painful right?

hehe.

No worries - not painful at all. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Like Mr A said, we've all been there. Pictures would help members double-check what's going on.

:high-five:

[
Welcome to the forums! Headed over to your Growshow right now!

Thank you ShiggityFlip, hope you don't mind if I sub into your grow as well.

Welcome to 420Maganize!!:welcome:
Cheers mate

PyNext

Thanks PyNext, truly wonderful community here, immediately accepting and inclusive. All involved should be very proud.

Back
Top Bottom