A very old Newbee

taichijohn42

Decided to grow a few plants! I love growing things, house plants, tomatoes, squash and now this! A friend gave me a T-5 grow light, I've got pots and bags of topsoil and have ordered some seed. I'm trying to read all the helpful stuff on here. Things have changed a lot. In the 70's an oz. was $10, now I can't find any at all. Looking to grow medical! Wish me good fortune anyone one close to West Plains, Mo. I'd like to meet!!:thanks:
TaiChi John

Go for it. Better do some research about good soil mixtures, leaf reading, ph and feeding. Which strain you grabbed for your first project?

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sin Tra Bago Auto5. Have no idea, said good 4 beginners. Is Miracle Grow potting mix ok? How do i test soil?
Did grow in the 80's with a friend using hydroponics. And Thanks I need call the Friends & help I can get!! John

Another old newbie here, first time grow. I'm retired so I have time to give the girls the attention they need. I decided to do a scrog for my first one, but would opt for separate plants the next time. I'm a couple weeks into flower with only a couple of hiccups. The ladies are starting to show buds and I'm pumped! I'm using LED, two 900's on a light mover. Still learning my way around the site.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I couldn't even grow grass in my backyard with topsoil :). So I definitely agree with the other comments.
If your not able to find something at a local store you could order some online and have it delivery. I just did this myself because of a sale I saw and I was actually impressed with the freshness of the soil.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

There isn't a day that goes by where I'm not amazed by the way a person was able to grow some medical.
If you use miracle grow just remember it has time released nutes so each time you water it will release more.
I bet if you searched miracle grow journals you'll find a handful of people doing just fine with it.

I started on 12/4, today 12/11 the babies are about 3 1/2"! I'm excited!! They are Sin Tra Bajo Auto ( I have no idea but catalog sai good for beginners! ThNKS EVERYONE

Hi taichi, I am about to grow some sin tra bajo as well. Can you post some pics of your current grow?

Sent from my VS985 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

HI, I have taken pix but haven't loaded them on computer as yet, Planted 5, they all germinated, only 3 made it.
I planted 2 others to replace them. Will get back to you, thanks John

I hope to stir up the bee's nest by saying that I have 4 grows under my belt. All small but each one better than the last. I have used miracle grow soil for all. What I came to under stand, is that the nuts in this soil last for 3 months. After that it is necessary to add nuts to your water. I've used bloom and realized More was needed. I added bloom to MG this last grow ( blueberry ). Good results. Must say I would like to try fox farm. Good growing to all!

I started on 12/4, today 12/11 the babies are about 3 1/2"! I'm excited!! They are Sin Tra Bajo Auto ( I have no idea but catalog sai good for beginners! ThNKS EVERYONE
Welcome and so nice to see you here!!! Here is my babies today!
e07e9fdb3332f7f99b5b6d11e128e1ce.jpg

Kush Girl keeping it green from seed. New babies (growing from seed)

I hope to stir up the bee's nest by saying that I have 4 grows under my belt. All small but each one better than the last. I have used miracle grow soil for all. What I came to under stand, is that the nuts in this soil last for 3 months. After that it is necessary to add nuts to your water. I've used bloom and realized More was needed. I added bloom to MG this last grow ( blueberry ). Good results. Must say I would like to try fox farm. Good growing to all!

You are the Loch Ness monster when it comes to growers because you use MG. Every once in awhile I'll come across a rare creature like yourself, it's usually an old school grower that just didn't have the bells and whistles that are available today though. It would be really cool for you to start a grow journal to educate people like myself that cringe when we see or hear of a new grower starting out with this medium.

Hi taichi, I am about to grow some sin tra bajo as well. Can you post some pics of your current grow?

Sent from my VS985 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App
1/27/17 just got back on. password problem, thought I knew it but alas.... will post pix soon, I've taken some
but need to load them on computer (no smartphone). I have 3 plants doing ok, but slower than I thought....
Who said I'm too old to learn? Would like to learn new methods. I have never had to buy seeds in my life.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom