Plants look like they've stopped growing

Seanmac

Can anyone tell me what the cause of growth stoppage might be? I have 4 plants growing and they were all thriving along beautifully (went out of town for 3 days and didnt water until I came back, that was thanksgiving wknd)...im in mid to late flowering stage, and two of them arent budding properly (still look to be in the beginning stages of flower)...any advice would be greatly appreciated. Its my first grow, and Im trying to eleviate theae mistakes I must be making for my second run. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G928P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well mine did the same thing. Found out I have either fungus gnats or aphids. Slice some potatoes and put in your soil. See if some bug attacks them. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Only yellowing leaves. Like a nute deficiency. Slow growth.

Can you post pictures?

420-magazine-mobile2010162420.jpg

Yellowing leaves means a fungus?

Yellowing leaves can mean many things. In my case the whole plant is yellow. I believe it's not getting nutrients because aphids or gnat larvae are eating the roots. Still trying to diagnose mine for sure. Waiting on a USB microscope. I watered my soil with neem oil and sprayed the plant.

Yellowing leaves can mean many things. In my case the whole plant is yellow. I believe it's not getting nutrients because aphids or gnat larvae are eating the roots. Still trying to diagnose mine for sure. Waiting on a USB microscope. I watered my soil with neem oil and sprayed the plant.

What will potatoes in the soil do?

If you really want serious help, we need you to paint a serious picture of the plant and conditions.

Temperature, Humidity, PPM of the soil (if you can), and PH. More info the better my friend.

Also, how old is the plant? Is it a AUTO or PHOTO?

At the end of the plants life cycle it will start cannibalizing itself and start turning yellow...that is normal mid to late flower.

It could be alot of things buddy, more info you give us, more things we can eliminate and zero in on the problem.

Potatoes i am assuming will give the bugs (if there are any...) something else to eat and you will be able to identify a bug problem faster. However, I have never used this technique due to me using hydro not soil.

Lets figure this out buddy

If you really want serious help, we need you to paint a serious picture of the plant and conditions.

Temperature, Humidity, PPM of the soil (if you can), and PH. More info the better my friend.

Also, how old is the plant? Is it a AUTO or PHOTO?

At the end of the plants life cycle it will start cannibalizing itself and start turning yellow...that is normal mid to late flower.

It could be alot of things buddy, more info you give us, more things we can eliminate and zero in on the problem.

Potatoes i am assuming will give the bugs (if there are any...) something else to eat and you will be able to identify a bug problem faster. However, I have never used this technique due to me using hydro not soil.

Lets figure this out buddy
Its a photo (gorilla glue) about 6 1/2 weeks into flower...soil...i ph test my water before every watering and I keep it somewhere between 5.5 and 6...

Its a photo (gorilla glue) about 6 1/2 weeks into flower...soil...i ph test my water before every watering and I keep it somewhere between 5.5 and 6...

I try to keep my humidity around 40...usually when I check its anywhere between 36-39... I put a small humidifier in my grow box to try and raise it...wet towels...only lasts for a night tho....temp is steady around 79-86

Well that could be your problem right there for one. You are using soil correct??? Soil PH should be around 6.5....Hydro should be around 5.8. Therefore, you could be experiencing nutrient lockout due to low PH

I try to keep my humidity around 40...usually when I check its anywhere between 36-39... I put a small humidifier in my grow box to try and raise it...wet towels...only lasts for a night tho....temp is steady around 79-86

Keep your humidity low in the 30-50s. During flower, lower humidity helps reduce the risk of bud rot. Temps are okay...could stand to be a little lower, 75 degrees is the sweet spot. but I have the same problem, hard for me to keep mine around that too. I stay around 75-81F.

of course not! its never to late!

I messed up a couple weeks ago and my ph was way over 7.0 somehow....and I have bounced back wonderfully.

Also found this for you about the ph:

pH
pH is too high or too low (ie. acidic soil. The plants come out as mutants).
Plants are unable to absorb nutrients, or in adequate quantities within certain pH ranges. Optimum pH varies with each medium. Hydroponics and aeroponics: 5.6-5.8. Soilless: 6.0-6.3 Soil: 6.5-7.0.

Back
Top Bottom