New here - Started my seed - Now what?

Skeeterbog

Hello, my name is Skeeter and I am trying this out.

I have two LED fixtures and a small greenhouse set up in the basement. I do have three seedlings started under CFL bulbs. When I put the seedlings under the LEDs, how far is recommended? They CFLs are on 18 hours a day right now.

anyway, hi and nice to meet you...

hi skeeter! with a name like skeeter you know this will be good. ?join date (july) first post now! Dude where you been? welcome to the family! Its gonna be epic! what's this green house in a basement? I'm guessing a small one for starting seedlings. What you growing in? soil, hydro, other? I would say depends on the LED strength but they can get very close if you want. 18 inches or closer. Some folks put them inches during seedling stage to encourage shorter node spacing. Can you tell more about the light I'm sure some people will know. I can't give you the best advice but I'm pretty sure Led can get very close as long as it is not so powerful, do the proper research I have seen the stronger Led actually dwarf a plant because intensity. So what light?
what medium?

Welcome I grow in soil and use CFL&LED lights. When I was a youngster I had a neighbor kid whose name was Skeeter.

Kush Girl keeping it green from seed.

Hi guys, I've been busy. We bought another house and had to get moved in and all set up. I didn't have a basement before, but that was a must and deal breaker. So growing in a small greenhouse 6x8' using two TOP LED 300W fixtures in grow bags using ProMix with mycorrhizae and using only organic fertilizers. For now, I have three plants started and when they are big enough I'll take clones. The fixtures are about 18" above the plants and they are doing well. I just pinched the tops for their first time. The temperature is 77 to 80F with a 50% humidity which goes down when the soil evaporates. About every two weeks I plan to supplement using Calcium as I've read when you use LED to grow it can deplete the Calcium in the soil. As soon as there is something to show I'll make a journal and post photos beginning to end. This is what's happening so far and it looks good. Oh, the greenhouse is a small one by a manufacturer Flower House. I bought it some years ago to start my seedlings in spring, not pot, but vegetables. Now I want to grow my own medicine. I do not smoke recreationally, in general. I mean, I have and will on occasion but I mostly smoke at bedtime to make sure I sleep through without too much interrupting pain. I have really bad spinal arthritis and it's also in my hips, hands, shoulders and neck. Fun times. But pot has helped me enormously and I never take any opioids. I'm basically straight, but since a friend forced me to try this for sleep I've been wanting to grow it instead of buying it.

Hi Skeeterbog,

Saw your post and like pufpufpas was wondering how it was going.

Had my first grow outdoors last year and at times it was heartbreaking at times. In the end it all worked out and I got an OK crop which we have made hash oil, capsules and have had lots of bud to smoke and vape.

The process calls for patience and close observation. Neither of which is my strong suit. But this second grow is coming along. Hope yours is too!

Peace

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the quiet. I've been so busy I have not had time to take photos or post much. My plants are two months old now, all Indicas. They are about 16" tall with a lot of branching because I pinched them twice. I'll try to get photos later, but if you don't hear from me it's because we're burried in snow and I have several errands.

thanks,
skeeter

Back
Top Bottom