Hello - I'm new here and soon to be new grower

thekushion

Hello all. So the title says it all. Tired of the trouble and cost for my meds so going to grow my own. I plan on using a BCNL Bloombox. Wish I could have a full grow room but not at this time. Also plan on using White Widow auto from Crop King for my first grow. I have zero experience in growing anything. Been doing a lot of research online but seems so complex and confusing at times of how to do this the correct way from start to finish. BCNL says they have a help line for growers even with no experience. Anyway I'm here to ask for anything you can offer me as I have no clue on tips and tricks. The one thing I will be using is Co2. From the research I will get a higher yield. Thanks ahead for any help,tips and advice you can offer me.

PS if I put this in the wrong area will a mod move it to the correct place please.

Re: Hello, Im new here and soon to be new grower

Welcome thekushion :high-five:

Plenty of information to be found on 420. There are several ways you can grow (soil, dwc, drip, etc) and several elements of a grow (lights, medium, tent size, nutrients, ph, etc). Pro's and con's to all of them. I only grow in soil like Sunshine #4 mix. I've grown avg to slightly above avg plants in a small tent. I'm happy so far.

For many reasons I felt that soil was easier to start with. I still believe that from a maint. perspective it is but I'd love to try dwc (roots sit over aerated water/nute mix). Looks easy and the grows are faster and stronger (imo)

Lights are important too. I haven't gone crazy with C02. It does help and I get a small CO2 bag to hang in there and that's all I do. Nutes will be another decision to make and there are plenty of options to choose from. I've used both Fox Farms and Adv Nutes and don't have anything negative to say about performance. I did get into trouble with FF and some FF soil - burned the plants and needed a few flushings. Changing soil I've been ok with the FF.

My recommendation - research and choose how you will grow. Find a couple journals on here that are doing similar to you. Participate, ask questions, and create your own journal to post your progress. You'll get people to stop by and you'll have some great support.

Check out the links in people's signatures below. My links are to my grows and some help information.

Good luck :Namaste:

Re: Hello, Im new here and soon to be new grower

Go read as much as you can. Especially posts/forums where people need help with sick plants, you will learn a ton!

I've used both FF and Advanced Nutrients! Currently running AN in DWC and it is absolutely amazing! Lots of people say DWC is harder and it can be if you aren't careful but so worth it!

Welcome to this great community. Fear not. This place is full of experienced growers that will help you through every step of your journey.

There is a shit load of educational journals here and I hereby invite you to mine. I am here to learn more and to share what I already know. Follow the link in my signature if you want to

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Same here Man... I got so desperate my first disastrous attempt lead to my 1success so even with no help. One can only learn when working with Cannabis . I mean even the worst bag seed, can be developed within a few generations to dripping tasty bud. .with modifications to lights air etc. I know if we all had a farm in a sunny warn place and , a chicken coup ..couple plants just behind ...all the crap (chicken) you can use good soil... Water.. They just do their thing... Ya gotta love it . Happy Growing

Sent from my ZTE T815 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome!

I'm new here, but not new to growing.

I believe you are making the right decision. Growing your own is the way to go. Start small and don't expect big returns in the beginning. Take the first couple of grows as a learning experience. Document your successes and failures for future reference.

I would hold off on the CO2 unless it is necessary due to lack of ventilation. Get your growing techniques down first. Then you will notice differences in the addition of CO2. Heck! I have a complete CO2 rig, just have not set it up yet. I have had the equipment for about 2 years now!! Busy and lazy, I can admit that.

Anyway, welcome and good luck!

Welcome to 420

I am also a new grower in my first grow....I am having great success by sticking to one motto...Keep It Simple

I use happy frog soil and fox farm trio for nutes......feed them, water when dry...give them lots of love and they will reward you. I don't see any reason to over think or over complicate your first grow...keep it simple.

20170131_1158381.jpg

:circle-of-love:

Welcome a new Gardener! OK, so I just joined today myself. However, I have been growing for 4 years now - nothing big, just indoors, but I want you to know I am happy to share any knowledge I have from past experience with you. Just ask me, OK? I'm not in this for money or any of that shit - I just want to heal myself and as I am working on grows, share anything I've learned with others. But, I'm not your standard gardener; I break 'rules' and I guess you could say I'm a maverick LOL. Hit me up anytime, OK? Peace, Love, and most of all, happy growing! ..O yea, and I want to KUDO you on the awesome pic you posted... dam I sure would like to have some of that about now... I'm still waiting for my harvest!!

Just got a quote from them. HOLY SHIT do they have some big claims, BIG price points, lots of "upgrades" to buy!

"The Roommate is 28.5 inches wide by 54.5 inches tall and 27.5 inches deep. The Roommate enables you to vegetate and flower your plants right from seed or clone to a fully mature plant. We give you step by step instructions showing you exactly how to do everything. With the Roommate it will enable you to harvest 4 fully mature plants every 10-12 weeks from seed (8-10 weeks from clones) cropping around 1.5-3 ounces per plant. "

Sounds to good to be true..... Build your own using a small grow tent and save yourself some $!

https://www.bcnorthernlights.com/assets/catalogs/BCNL_Catalog.pdf

How to grow in one of their boxes.

https://www.bcnorthernlights.com/manuals/BloomBoxGrow.pdf

I would love to do the tent thing but I dont have a place for it. The bloombox can be moved around in the house as needed and has filters to keep the sent out of the area. Yes 5k is a chit load of money but is the help line worth it for me? Also the bloombox will house a mother plant so that I may clone for a faster grow.

Back
Top Bottom