Advocate420

Hello !
Brand new to the site. I am a medical patient and just started a grow. I'm glad to be here and have been linked here several times during research, so I thought I would join the fun. I am looking at starting a grow journal here as I love to share ! Thank you for having me.
-Advocate420

Welcome Advocate420!!!

I stand same as you in some regards. Hoping to start a journal of my own ounce I've gathered my supplies and claimed seeds from mail. Good luck to you.

Hello friend. I'm an impulse buyer myself. Congratulations on the decision to bring such a wonderful hobby into your life. And I'm pretty sure that the gathering of supplies is forever on going.
What you going with for a set up ?
I would love to learn more about safe reliable places to obtain seeds.
Thank you so much for stopping by and dropping a hello.

Well as of yet I don't have anything on hand other than a few circulation fans, an acquired de-humidifier and done cfl bulbs. I will by a 4x4 tent, inline fan and filter in the next few weeks. I plan on flowering in the tent under LED and vegging in a closet under the CFL.

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nice. What LED set up you have your eye on ? Be been doing lots of research on LED or T5 ighting for flowering. I'm tempted but I think I need a few grows under my belt first. Don't know what the electricity is going to be like when I fire up the 600 HID lighting and I am curious what my landlord will say when the next bill arrives. But as long as I can pay it I'm sure it won't matter. I'm blaming an electric heater and my 4' 4 tube HO T5 with garden vegetables in the bathroom that's in plain sight. At least until I come up with another idea.
Tents are great. Always get the biggest you can afford because you will run out of room fast.

Haven't really settled in a brand or wattage per se, I just know I can't really do HID due to the temperature increase as I wi.t ha e A/C. Cant wait to finally order a tent. I'm not sure what my electric bill will be but I know it will be high lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yea it will be a trial run to see what the heat impact along with the electric bill will be. I'm hoping it's not as bad as I think it is going to be. I have high quality 6 inch inline fans with the dimmer switch. One in. One with carbon air scrubber out. I keep the IN less than the out causing a hint of negative pressure to keep smells going through the filter. We will see. I guess the worst case scenario is I have to kill the plants. I'm looking forward to having a few outdoors too. No more than two in my flower room so I have a little wiggle room. Trying to figure out a vegging room.
Really looking forward to quality medicine with the intention f saving money. But when all is said and done. Idk. Anyways I'm rambling.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Im new here as well (last couple days) and I had the same reason joining as you did. Probably everybody else too lol

I recently purchased Dorm Grow's G8 LED lights. Havent used them yet, but from seeing everybody's electrical savings and the fact that you dont have to cool an led light with extra cooling makes it worth it to many. Ive put in quite a few hours asking myself,"why not LED?" I couldnt give myself an answer.

Also, Im looking at Secret Jardin's 3x3x6 Darkroom pro 2.5 tent. I hear good things from people about them.

Nice. I looked up that light. What wattage you going with ?
For me I don't have the talent yet to make the most of non HID lighting. I have to see what I can do with an even canopy first. Also I worry that the ones getting good results are experienced growers. I would rather pay 100$ month in electricity for an easy, dense, potent nug. With experience and or the electrical blue print will make the decision in the end. I have had one grow before so I have all the equipment already.
Goodness I wish I had it figured out. To make one improvement you have to factor in like 10 other things. How many plants sleeping. You will have no problem filling that up ! Tents are great. I made one out of panda plastic stuff at the end of my bed behind a door. Drape, tape and fill. Repeat. I have a big one that I can't use right now but refuse to part with it.
I digress :)

Nice. I looked up that light. What wattage you going with ?
For me I don't have the talent yet to make the most of non HID lighting. I have to see what I can do with an even canopy first. Also I worry that the ones getting good results are experienced growers. I would rather pay 100$ month in electricity for an easy, dense, potent nug. With experience and or the electrical blue print will make the decision in the end. I have had one grow before so I have all the equipment already.
Goodness I wish I had it figured out. To make one improvement you have to factor in like 10 other things. How many plants sleeping. You will have no problem filling that up ! Tents are great. I made one out of panda plastic stuff at the end of my bed behind a door. Drape, tape and fill. Repeat. I have a big one that I can't use right now but refuse to part with it.
I digress :)

I'm going to be growing out of a 3x3x6 tent, so pretty small. I got 2 of the 240 watt equivalent (draws 140 from wall)plus the red light. Out of all the sales that went on during the holidays with all the LED companies, Dorm Grow had the best sale. The biggest differences between companies is the wattage of the led bulb itself, the manufacturer of the led bulb, output of light spectrum/wavlength, wattage output per bulb, and whether or not there is a fousing lens on each led bulb. I dont feel the difference between hps, mh, led, etc is the main determination of quality, but I also might add I have yet to germinate one seed in my life lol.:Namaste:

Oh I agree quality has many factors. I'm just looking for the path of least resistance. Let me know I would love to follow your grow. Heat, noise, electricity easy to want to avoid HID
I had never considered or looked at the ceramic stuff till the suggestion above.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Week 2 - Mob, AK, Sweet Tooth - Winter Indoor 2017 Journal 1

Oh I agree quality has many factors. I'm just looking for the path of least resistance. Let me know I would love to follow your grow. Heat, noise, electricity easy to want to avoid HID
I had never considered or looked at the ceramic stuff till the suggestion above.

Advocate 420 - Not gonna lie man, with Attorney General Jeff Sessions saying what he was saying today. I'm starting to get hesitant on growing. I have a medical card and I know I live California, but I have a stable job that pays decent (but way below bay area standards), but my medical is kickass (not that I currently have any bad health condition. If I'd gotten arrested even over bullshiet I'd lose my job I'd been at for almost 12 years now. Ultimately, I think I'm going to wait it out until maybe hopefully something like the courts decision on the immigration ban being unconstitutional happens.:Namaste:

Life is a constant balance of risk vs. gain. I am a chronic worrier. I creat all kinds of crap in my head. I agree there is going to likely be a showdown soon but it's not likely to effect a grow for yourself. The caregiver program however is definitely on the map. I have a bad feeling for the recreational hopefuls. I hear they are collecting bank info with relation to grow equipment. Use cash is the general answer. My gear was bought about 4 or 5 years ago. I am also a medical patient following all written laws and any charges related would also end my career. I am almost a month in now. I'm keeping an open mind.

Back
Top Bottom