Mischief in Michigan - First time grower

Iamthewalrus1

Hey hey fella fans of the herb. I live in Michigan and in April I will be starting my first grow. I have been lurking about reading as much as I can for a couple of months but it will be nice to belong to a like minded community :)
I was planning on a 4x4 grow tent with a Mars hydro 1200 in it. Or possibly two Mars 600's instead. I am looking to buy them off of amazon. If anyone has experience with these leds I am very interested in gleaning it from ya!

EDIT: I read the Mars hydro thread on customer service and I am no longer interested in this brand. I have no handy man skills and even less technical know how to be taking apart led lights and fixing them myself. If I had such skills I would just make my own leds. As a first time grower I am going to sink over a $1000 into my grow and I don't want to have to deal with any of the that. However, I am still interested in leds, so please tell me your own experiences with led grow lights.

I plan on doing a soil grow with 4 five gallon smart pots.

I'm looking forward to making new friends and hoping to have a successful 1st grow.
Happy Growing!
The Walrus

Hey man just had to say this post took the words right out of my keyboard. I too am a Michigander and starting my own grow op. I also am going to be starting in a 4x4 tent. I was going to be posting a thread asking on opinions about which led light will cover a 4x4 for under $700. However since this post has exactly the same question I will just follow your thread! Also there is a 4x4 thread on this forum with plenty of information and other homegrowers who use a 4x4 tent. Also if you youtube a grower named LiquidJade he has a channel that does a week by week covering the ins and outs of a tent set up strikingly similar to each of our designs.

Thank for responding Rio!
I have been reading the 4x4 grow tent thread, but I had not heard of the youtube video by Liquidjade. I will check it out!
I am now considering doing a 1000w blockbuster air cooled hood with an 8in vent. Then I would use a 8 inch 745 cfm Hurricane inline fan with insulated ducting to cool the light. I was thinking of using a separate 8in fan and carbon filter to exhaust the tent as well. I am not sure if I will have access to a basement so I might have to use a spare bedroom and would want to make sure I don't have heat issues. It can get hot here in Mi in the summer.

I've been staying up looking at what source of lighting I'd like best and I can't get off of doing a led setup. I'm leaning towards the G8led 450. It's $600 but it's sitting on the top of high times led grow lights and number 3 of the best led lights in 2017. I would really have like the spectrum king 600, but what can you do.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That could be good Rio. Too costly for me I'm afraid but if it works good i might save up for one. I sent you a friend request (i think) I'm trying to learn how to use the forums lol

Back
Top Bottom