First time grower looking for tips

20170224_185240_1_.jpg
20170224_185227_1_.jpg
20170224_185214_1_.jpg
20170224_175027_1_.jpg
20170224_174947_1_.jpg

here are the ladies(hopefully) i have been growing them for almost two months now and was using lights of america grow lights from walmart, which is why they are pretty tiny still. three days ago i got a tent and a 300w led light. just started to do some lst and possibly thinking about topping them a little. i read i should have topped before starting lst but its too late now. also a few notable brown spots and some yellowing spots on the leaves, nute burn, light burn or the start of something else?

i personally think they look healthy for being grown under crappy florescent lighting and i do think they are very small for being in week 7 of veg. soil im using is half ff of and half happy frog and i just started using grow big last week and have been using big bloom for about five weeks.

i was hoping to see if anyone has any tips or suggestions for doing anything different then i am now. i really love growing them and have wanted to do this since i was in highschool(27 now). ive been working pretty hard and have spent a decent amount of money, obviously hoping to get results. i enjoy constructive criticism and am looking to get some feedback/opinions/what the hell are you doing that for?! lol

anyone who replies is helping me a great deal and i would appreciate it so much. thanks in advance, it means a lot to me.

:Namaste:

I'll throw out a disclaimer by saying I have yet to germinate one seed in my life, however I do know plants do get stressed from the switch from hps, mh, fluorescent, to LED lighting. Don't know the reason for it either. Drooping plants also could be either over or under watering. I think over or under watering is the most common.

led lights are much more intense for the small area they cover, mine were stressed the first day i switched but they recovered the morning after. im sure my plants are a bit droopy because i only water them once a week and tomorrow is that day. should i be watering twice a week maybe? just not sure, hate those damn gnats that show up after every water and i dont want them sticking around.

led lights are much more intense for the small area they cover, mine were stressed the first day i switched but they recovered the morning after. im sure my plants are a bit droopy because i only water them once a week and tomorrow is that day. should i be watering twice a week maybe? just not sure, hate those damn gnats that show up after every water and i dont want them sticking around.

Once a week is most likely not enough. Some people go by how heavy the pot is. Others go by how dry the medium is. If you push down with your finger and the medium is dry for a half an inch or so, then you need to water.

20170224_185240_1_.jpg
20170224_185227_1_.jpg
20170224_185214_1_.jpg
20170224_175027_1_.jpg
20170224_174947_1_.jpg

here are the ladies(hopefully) i have been growing them for almost two months now and was using lights of america grow lights from walmart, which is why they are pretty tiny still. three days ago i got a tent and a 300w led light. just started to do some lst and possibly thinking about topping them a little. i read i should have topped before starting lst but its too late now. also a few notable brown spots and some yellowing spots on the leaves, nute burn, light burn or the start of something else?

i personally think they look healthy for being grown under crappy florescent lighting and i do think they are very small for being in week 7 of veg. soil im using is half ff of and half happy frog and i just started using grow big last week and have been using big bloom for about five weeks.

i was hoping to see if anyone has any tips or suggestions for doing anything different then i am now. i really love growing them and have wanted to do this since i was in highschool(27 now). ive been working pretty hard and have spent a decent amount of money, obviously hoping to get results. i enjoy constructive criticism and am looking to get some feedback/opinions/what the hell are you doing that for?! lol

anyone who replies is helping me a great deal and i would appreciate it so much. thanks in advance, it means a lot to me.

:Namaste:
Just a tip; check your ph. Looks like your plants are starting to have an Iron decency. That new growth is a bit yellow. Check your runoff ph before you dose it with nutes. Good luck!

Thank a veteran. :Namaste:

You need to get on a feeding schedule. Adding nutes every time you water will land you in trouble. I use nutes every other water. Unless my girl is showing signs of a decency. Being on a schedule will be better on your plants, and effects yields. I use the whole line of FF. And every other water I only use calmag+, molasses, and super thrive. Once a month I'll add great white mychortizae.

If you'd rather not guess, you can buy moisture meters for the soil that gauge it accordingly.
If your plant gets droopy, that's your plants way of telling you she thirsty.
Water more towards the perimeter than in the centre. I personally found gnats showed up after an oversaturated watering....but that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Say what???

Sorry sizz0e, I'm new to growing cannabis. I've done some reading regarding nutrients and basically there are mobile and immobile nutrients. You probably already know but the gist of it is deficiency of immobile nutrients generally show on new growth first while deficiency of mobile nutrients generally show on old growth first. It was a question in assumption that you knew the whole mobile immobile nutrient thing:high-five:

Drago i did want to mention i just planted my three seeds straight into the soil and four days later one was fully sprouted out of the soil, two days after that another did and four days after that my runt sprouted.

Three seeds planted and all fully coming out of the soil within 4-10 days great success with ff of and happy frog mix in my opinion.

Since you said you were having trouble with germinating i thought I would mention that but if you dont use soil i guess thats a no go then.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom