1st time grow - Would like a mentor

Prototype kid

Hi everyone I'm new here and persuaded myself to join up after reading through so many inciteful journals and comments .
I'm currently on my 1st grow 5 days in, using a 1.2 mtr by 1.2 mtr tent , plant magic soil 300w cfl omega bulb on 4 0.75 cl pots 3 are amnesia kush and the other is cbd og kush . I'm using Ro water at pH 6.4 - 6.8 temps range from 21 c to 30c and humidity is a steady 40-55%. Using
Remo nutes and have just started a light watering with velo kelp 1ml to 1ltr I'm hoping this is OK to start and so far appear beautiful and are about 4 inches tall . I'm going to add a second 300w cfl tomorrow and split the 4 pots under 1light into 2 pots under each light for extra light which I hope will be OK ..
I have a fan intake and outtake for when it gets to hot and keep the top open a bit for extra air when fans are off . I use 18 on and 6 off . my plan for flower stage will be to use a 600 w HPs and a 300/w cfl for extra light . I've already bought the hps and won't be able to stretch to anything better until a few months . Any advice would be much appreciated as I feel like a baby amongst giants here haha . Good day everyone :)

Hi everyone I'm new here and persuaded myself to join up after reading through so many inciteful journals and comments .
I'm currently on my 1st grow 5 days in, using a 1.2 mtr by 1.2 mtr tent , 300w cfl omega bulb on 4 0.75 cl pots 3 are amnesia kush and the other is cbd of kush . I'm using Ro water at pH 6.4 - 6.8 temps range from 21 c to 30c and humidity is a steady 40-55%. I'm hoping this is OK to start and so far appear beautiful and are about 4 inches tall . I'm going to add a second 300w cfl tomorrow and split the 4 pots under 1light into 2 pots under each light for extra light which I hope will be OK ..
I have a fan intake and outtake for when it gets to hot and keep the top open a bit for extra air when fans are off . I use 18 on and 6 off . my plan for flower stage will be to use a 600 w HPs and a 300/w cfl for extra light . I've already bought the hps and won't be able to stretch to anything better until a few months . Any advice would be much appreciated as I feel like a baby amongst giants here haha . Good day evdryone :)

Sounds like you are on the right track. Since you have an hps, I won't say anything about your lighting. At this stage your light setup is fine but once they start to really veg you will see more light = more life.
That said, you could switch to hps early before flower and just ride along.

I would suggest a little lst or fimming or topping. Naturally you have time but I wish I tried a little more in my first grow since it brings greater yields- or can anyway. That said, I do love giant colas so letting them just be is also fun. It's all fun.
My best advice is to wait.. whatever the question is- wait. Patience is key, and it's darn fun to see what a few days make. I can sit with my plants for a while just hanging out but I do love when I just leave them alone for a few days and see what has grown.
I'm assuming you are using soil- otherwise, if hydro/coco- don't forget calmag. Truth be told I use calmag in my soil too- always with my nutes. You have time before using nutes- seems you know that already as that's a common rookie mistake to feed nutes to babies. Never good. Nature has given your beans all they need for life.. give them time to grow a little before introducing nutes. Also keep nutes at about 25% of recommended until you see how your girls react.

Don't stress if you mess up here and there- it's a weed so it's pretty resilient. Just be patient and love her and she will treat you right. (Secret of life)
Otherwise enjoy! I'm on grow 3 going on 4. My G3 is weeks away from harvest--
420-magazine-mobile374321278.jpg

My G4 is still in veg- will be for another week or so before switch. I'm running just a 400 hps for flower- with supplemental lower light- I like giving my girls bottom up lighting.
The 400 yielded me 8 dry oz on g2 so it's more than you think. Your 600 will be fine for the number of plants and space. No worries. Maybe invest in a mh if your ballast supports them. Otherwise just keep with your cfls until they get big enough to either add more light or just use your hps- it's ok for veg on a long light cycle- just not ideal. I use mh but have used cfls-leds- fluorescents...realized all the $$$ I was spending to keep adding lights it made more sense to just get an mh/ hps set up. It helps with space too because I don't have a bunch of lights scattered around now.

There are some great helpers in here so take it all in and use what works for you... and have fun trying stuff. And when you break a branch or accidently fimm.. no worries as they usually end up being very fruitful for the plant- they like it when you are a little rough with them.

Assuming since you know what beans you have- I have only grown bagseed but darn good bag seed! - that you likely know they are feminized or auto. I don't grow auto- just don't like what I read. Anyway, just make sure when you switch to 12/12 to make sure you have no boys in your midst... nature has a way...

I look forward to your grow! Good luck, have fun and remember-- patience...

Thank you for your reply . I've now put in a 2nd 300wcfl so now I've got 2 plants under each light. The soil is quite moist so just added a few drops of water with velo kelp to help root production . I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics , I've seen how to do it I just can't grasp how to :)

Thank you for your reply . I've now put in a 2nd 300wcfl so now I've got 2 plants under each light. The soil is quite moist so just added a few drops of water with velo kelp to help root production . I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics , I've seen how to do it I just can't grasp how to :)

Don't over water.. it's a common mistake and the girls like to get dry between watering. With soil, you can let them get a little drier before watering- coco should never get dry.
But too much will have the opposite effect on the roots.
As for pics.. when you reply or start a new post, at the bottom, you will see a camera iron and a box with two peaks- that's pics that you already took. Click on that then go into your album and choose what you want. That should solve your issue.
Oh, ok, if you are posted and not replying- click on the plus symbol on the left when you start a new comment.. that will lead you to the camera and picture icon. Good luck!

Thats where I need to hold off on watering to much , Im sure it didn't need it take day but still went ahead with a few drops :) i also spent some time chilling with them in pure admiration. With the pics I'm using my mobile device and there is. O option at bottom except submit reply and preciew post , I wish it was easy like other sites

Thats where I need to hold off on watering to much , Im sure it didn't need it take day but still went ahead with a few drops :) i also spent some time chilling with them in pure admiration. With the pics I'm using my mobile device and there is. O option at bottom except submit reply and preciew post , I wish it was easy like other sites

Are you using the app? I am- that may be the difference. Get the app.. it's easy.

It's nice spending time with them.. made me smile when you wrote that. I feel the same way.. growing as be as therapeutic as the medicine itself. I love learning new techniques- doing well- doing terrible- it's all about improvement and we will never reach perfection.. knowing that releases the pressure of doing perfect every time. Every grow is about what I have learned and what I can try differently.
I travel a bit so that was another challenge for me. Last time I was gone for 10 days- set up a res with pump and it saved the day. It's just fun!

That's great news in which case I Will hold off on water now until they dry up a fair bit . I do enjoy spending time with them as if they are my own children . I dont know if anyone else has experienced this but I haven't slept much since I've started this hobby in fear of temp drops etc . I also appreciate you're sincere Guidance through this wonderful journey . In reply to your first question no I dont have the app but will DL it now :)

Thank you Mr Tesla :) Igot the tent to keep everything contained and cleaner as I use the rest of the room for storage and didn't want the girls to get to dirty etc . Also a lot easier to hang lighting and fan

Just remember to veg at lower wattage than you plan to flower.
330 veg
660flower

Doesn't have to be double but I'd say at least 20% more intensity for any flower production

At the moment I'm running 2 300w cfls for veg and have a 600hps dual spec for flower . Do you think the 600w of cfl will do good with veg ?

I'm guessing you can change the bulbs in whatever is running your HPS.

If so, get metal halide bulb and run that for veg on max. Careful not to burn them when switching from cfl to any other source. You can start flower or 12/12 on mh or whatever (led etc.) swap in your 600 hps hopefully it's dimmable and I'd recommend 2 days 50% then 2 weeks of 75% if your not burning them then go 100%. Remember you can always dim your lights or raise them in event of burn however I feel a little tip burn on the fan leaves is good knowing your pushing it to the max without overdoing it

My reflector has the option to change from cfl and hps and I'm guessing mh as well . my ballast is a standard and doesn't have a dim option . I will look into buying one asap . what wattage would u reccomend for a MH for 4 plants ?

Back
Top Bottom