Outback420 - Growing Against Adversity!

Outback420

I've been growing my own since 1996 and deeply love my hobby though its not one I can readily share with regular acquaintances. So here I am!

Living in a small rural community in Australia it is important that I'm self-sufficient with my weed and avoid contact with potential hassle.

I grow in a small wardrobe space in my shed approximately 1200mm x 50mm. I use a screen of green approach keeping my plants very short and training them into a flat tops using twist ties attached to the pot rim.

In the past I grew from quite acceptable bag seed but over time these seeds have tended to hermaphroditism. So last year I went out on a limb and ordered some seeds via a UK seed bank. Now I'm growing named varieties and really enjoying the results. Along with my new beans I have been investing heavily in my setup and other toys so will look forward to sharing what I can.

So that's a bit of my story. I hope to get involved in the 420 Magazine community and help others with what I have learned and as always learn even more from others.

Here's a few pics from my current grow - enjoy!

Cannabis-Grow-Autumn2017-Day42-16.jpg
Cannabis-Grow-Autumn2017-Day42-2.jpg
Cannabis-Grow-Autumn2017-Day42-4.jpg
Cannabis-Grow-Autumn2017-Day42-9.jpg
Cannabis-Grow-Autumn2017-Day42-8.jpg
Cannabis-Grow-Autumn2017-Day42-12.jpg
Cannabis-Grow-Autumn2017-Day42-13.jpg
Cannabis-Grow-Autumn2017-Day42-14.jpg
Cannabis-Grow-Autumn2017-Day42-10.jpg

Thanks gonemad! I use a 400w HPS cooltube with a Son-t-Agro bulb, a separate outlet fan (connected to a filter during flower) and a small PC fan for intake as well. Intake air comes from the under the shed where it is pretty cool. Then an oscillating fan for air movement. I only use the bottom third of the space for plants so I use the top as a bit of a heat sink. All in all it makes a lot of fan noise but I have a way of explaining that away if anyone checks so all cool. I will be posting some pics of the space at some stage but at the moment it is a bit grotty and needs a fix up.

Thanks gonemad! I use a 400w HPS cooltube with a Son-t-Agro bulb, a separate outlet fan (connected to a filter during flower) and a small PC fan for intake as well. Intake air comes from the under the shed where it is pretty cool. Then an oscillating fan for air movement. I only use the bottom third of the space for plants so I use the top as a bit of a heat sink. All in all it makes a lot of fan noise but I have a way of explaining that away if anyone checks so all cool. I will be posting some pics of the space at some stage but at the moment it is a bit grotty and needs a fix up.

Awesome set up Outback420. Under my house I'm using a 400watt on a bat wig reflecter ,lumatech ballast ( ballast outside grow space) a 6 inch inline axel fan as exhaust and a 4 inch inline axel fan for intake. 8inch fan and a 6inch fan inside grow space for air movement . Good negative pressure but only keeping temperatures at 30c lights on and 24c lights off. Ideally I want 26c lights on. Short of using A/C I'm at a loss what to do next. Maybe a cool tube as your using may work.

The cooltube has made a BIG difference and you can get it closer to the plants without burning. But I need to remember to clean the tube out once and a while. I think the plants can deal with heat pretty well but I could see that excess heat is going to mess with potency and aroma. The best option would be build a good stockpile and then skip the summer grow altogether. Or better still grow outside if it were a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom