Hi all newbie here

ganjafarmer25

Hi all ok i was doing a bit of researh today on a strain im looking to have a go at and stumbbled across a journal on hear which then lead me to register and now here i am. Ok im looking to set up my grow room in the next month or two so in the mean time as this will be my first i will be hovering over this fourm like no ones business to gather as much information as i can. Im going to be buying a 1.2x1.2x2.4 budbox grow tent to grow 4 dr krippling incredible bulk. So in advance sorry if i do ask so many questions after all i am a noob . Im sure there are so many helpful people on here. Cant wait to get the show on the road and get a journal on the go. Anyhoo peace out peeps ill stop tbe chit chat now

Hello GanjaFarmer and welcome to the 420Mag forum! You are in the right place for your first grow, there are some wonderful members who are more than happy to lend a hand when asked to do so. I like the fact that you have come here to start studying up before you plant a seed.... that's the way it should be done.
Make sure to start a grow journal when you get a lil closer, but by all means start reading and asking questions whenever time allows.:thumb:

Hello GanjaFarmer and welcome to the 420Mag forum! You are in the right place for your first grow, there are some wonderful members who are more than happy to lend a hand when asked to do so. I like the fact that you have come here to start studying up before you plant a seed.... that's the way it should be done.
Make sure to start a grow journal when you get a lil closer, but by all means start reading and asking questions whenever time allows.:thumb:

thanks for the warm welcome curly beaver. it does seem like a very helpful and informative place. this was the idea to try and get as much knowledge in as i can before germinating that seed so if i do come across problems hopefully i will be able to solve it. i will deffinatley start a journal when the journey begins. thanks again got the welcome

thanks for the warm welcome curly beaver. it does seem like a very helpful and informative place. this was the idea to try and get as much knowledge in as i can before germinating that seed so if i do come across problems hopefully i will be able to solve it. i will deffinatley start a journal when the journey begins. thanks again got the welcome

Growing your own is a blast and very rewarding when you sample your first bud :blunt:

It was almost 2 years ago (7/2/15) that I joined and that was after lurking in the background for several weeks soaking up all the knowledge that I could. I have seen a couple people that started out and never had a problem but they are the exception not the rule so just ask questions if something doesn't look or feel right and learn how to post photos before something goes wrong, they are very important. Are you starting out with dirt or?

Growing your own is a blast and very rewarding when you sample your first bud :blunt:

It was almost 2 years ago (7/2/15) that I joined and that was after lurking in the background for several weeks soaking up all the knowledge that I could. I have seen a couple people that started out and never had a problem but they are the exception not the rule so just ask questions if something doesn't look or feel right and learn how to post photos before something goes wrong, they are very important. Are you starting out with dirt or?

thats one thing I'm looking forward to the reward and enjoyment of sampling my own product.

i think i have sussed how to upload pics as I've seen a few people ask in the journals i have read. is there a specific place on here to ask all the questions? I'm going for soil and perlite 50/50 mi on my first then i think after the first or maybe second have a dab at DWC

thats one thing I'm looking forward to the reward and enjoyment of sampling my own product.

i think i have sussed how to upload pics as I've seen a few people ask in the journals i have read. is there a specific place on here to ask all the questions? I'm going for soil and perlite 50/50 mi on my first then i think after the first or maybe second have a dab at DWC

If not in a grow journal I think most members use the FAQ section for general information. There are a lot of specific areas that can be used once you get going and learn your way around but many times those smaller sections aren't visited on a regular basis. I use soil and Perlite too, but at a 3:1 ratio just cause that's what I started with and never had a reason to change.

Do you have a light(s) yet?

If not in a grow journal I think most members use the FAQ section for general information. There are a lot of specific areas that can be used once you get going and learn your way around but many times those smaller sections aren't visited on a regular basis. I use soil and Perlite too, but at a 3:1 ratio just cause that's what I started with and never had a reason to change.

Do you have a light(s) yet?

ok thank you curly beaver was just thinking of question i may ask before journal is started based on equipment mainly most likely. ah ok I'm going to use coco maybe i may not do 50/50 will see closer to the time. no lights as of yet i literally have nothing at the moment lol.

Do a lot of reading before you buy a light as it's one of the more important tools (and most expensive) that you will need. You defiantly get what you pay for so don't be afraid to step up to the window, you will not be sorry. It's the old pay me now or pay me later deal. :laughtwo:
I am not familiar with growing in coco but there are a lot of members who swear by it so try to find one that you trust and follow along in their journals for awhile.

Ok cheers mate when you say light we talking as in the bulb or the actual light surround itself? For bulb ive read a lot of good reviews about the sun master 600w dual spectrum hps bulb. Whats good to looknout for on light then bud?

Ok cheers mate when you say light we talking as in the bulb or the actual light surround itself? For bulb ive read a lot of good reviews about the sun master 600w dual spectrum hps bulb. Whats good to looknout for on light then bud?

Sorry ganjafarmer but I know nothing about HPS lights. If you look at my most recent journal (link below) I described my current light in the opening post. I wish I'd have started with it 2 years ago... it would have saved a lot of aggravation!!! And that's all I'll say about lights but I'd suggest finding some members that use what you are considering and ask them about customer service...... that's what it boils down to because some of the junk out there only lasts a grow or two.

Any hps is going to be way to hot in that size box, u could look into cfl or maybe LED though I know nothing about leds there's plenty here that do. I do know they run cooler though. As for coco it's great :) I love it. Only issue is u have to feed it with a hydroponic nute an add cal mag. This is a daily chore but well worth it imo. This is one of my girls I have growing now in coco
420-magazine-mobile622731931.jpg
shes almost 48 inches across the top. If u do use coco I highly reccomed fabric pots they seem to compliment the coco well :) an as u have a small space u don't need as big of pots as u would with plastic. I'll tag along an help as much as I can. Can't wait for u to get started, smoking weed isint addictive but growing it sure is

Any hps is going to be way to hot in that size box, u could look into cfl or maybe LED though I know nothing about leds there's plenty here that do. I do know they run cooler though. As for coco it's great :) I love it. Only issue is u have to feed it with a hydroponic nute an add cal mag. This is a daily chore but well worth it imo. This is one of my girls I have growing now in coco
420-magazine-mobile622731931.jpg
shes almost 48 inches across the top. If u do use coco I highly reccomed fabric pots they seem to compliment the coco well :) an as u have a small space u don't need as big of pots as u would with plastic. I'll tag along an help as much as I can. Can't wait for u to get started, smoking weed isint addictive but growing it sure is

Hiya mate and thanks for your reply i appreciate it!!! Seriously you think one 600w HPS bulb will be to hot for a tent thats 1.2 meter x 1.2 x 2.0 meters? I went for this size tent as i only want to start with four plants and the shop I'm buying my gear from said thats the ideal size for four plants. i have plenty of room for bigger. I am considering having a air-cooled light to extract the heat of the light out of the tent and a fan bringing fish cool air into the tent. I didn't really want to go CFL I'm not convinced by them but to be honest as I'm a newbie I've never grown with them. My concern is i would need multiple CFL'S and there all wired to there own individual plugs so i would have tons of plugs lol. With LED i think there out my price range for now as its my first so don't really want to go over board on cost. Glad I've found another person who likes coco heard a lot of good reviews about it. Do you use straight coco or a mixture? Im considering using coco and perlite at 50/50 mix or 70/30 not to sure yet. with regards to nutrients I'm thinking of going down the root of the house and garden nutrients and the RHIZO fabric pots. what would lousy is an ideal size to get a ideal size plane? was thinking 12 ltr for first transplant from seedling then from there into a 30ltr? When you say CAL and MAG we talking calcium and magnesium? Thats one stunning looking girl there bud. Im looking to have a bash at SCROG. sorry if I'm wrong my understanding of using the net to SCROG is to help create a big bushy plant and help the bottom branches come unto the top. I mean space isn't a issue i can go bigger. thanks for you help and advice and appreciate you tagging along to help me along the way and i sure will make a journal. peace :thumb:

I would reccomend led lights. They us less electricity, create less heat and cover full spectrums. They can be pricy but there is still another option if money is tight and that is cfl lights. They are cheapest but would require many to surround your plant or plants.

i mean i would go led as you say they are cheaper to run and create less heat but i think for a decent enough one its out of my price range. to be honest i can't say that as ia int really looked at them. then CFLS as they all have there own plug i will have a ton of plugs.

Back
Top Bottom