Here to learn

stage4

Thanks for a great opportunity to get help and knowledge.
I used to smoke more than my share years ago but I am learning how to grow
in an attempt to produce organic as possible, high THC oil and balms for my wife
who is in stage four breast cancer.
It was her decision to continue with chemo and she is currently consuming the poison
in tablet form. We have also managed to get some RSO from a friend so she has started with
cannabis oil, we don`t know the strain or anything which is why I prefer to try grow.

I chose the Critical Kush with feminized seeds from Zamnesia in Holland.
I have a temp controlled room with a carbon filter extractor fan.
Seeds were started in soil around 10 weeks ago.
Fed with seaweed and molasses and in the last 2 weeks have given them some tomato feed,
and sprayed the leaves once with epsom salt. Also steeping some crushed eggshells for more
spraying soon.

I have 3 plants and I feel they are on the small side but are looking healthy at around 12 inches.
One plant I topped at 7 weeks and have also moved branches to encourage the smaller nodes.
The other 2 plants I have not messed with.

I am trying to figure out when to switch to 12/12 and although there is a lot of info on the board
i`d like to post a pic and ask is this the early signs of pre-flower.

Thanks for any help.
William

Early_flower1.jpg

No they have to be veggies so the option for you is when. This is your power and you decided when.
When you go 12/12 the plant will notice the time difference representing the "end of summer" flower time.
You'll have a growth spurt your ladies will jump for the first 2-4 weeks of flower height wise so a lot comes down to your grow room and how large you want to go. How soon you need oil
If you have room for another tent to have a vegging and flowering tent that would be perfect. You could flower 1 at a time whilst letting your others keep vegging, when your flowing tent is finished grab another veggie put her in the flowing tent and go again this means you have eight week window between your harvest giving you an abundance of oils
Just putting some ideas your way but if you need to ask do and I'll give you the best of my knowledge.

Thanks for your welcome.
I cant remember if they were auto, I did say i smoked a lot as a young man,memory is shot.
What a noob. I could go back to Zamnesia and ask them.
Yours sounds like good advice.

My grow room is a airing cupboard built within the roof cavity of the house, and there is another loft area
I could build a second room without too much agro.

I was considering going to hydro or fogponics as this soil grow has had me constantly worrying about
over/under watering and ph.
One of the plants are in a 10 gallon bag, it never seems to drain properly.

Perhaps you could give me your thoughts on that.
I`ll try get a better pic without the LED strobe.

cheers green guy

They have to be a veggie at 10 weeks old autos don't generally last much longer than 10-12 weeks.
If possible I'd have the second room with a light double the power of your vegging tent so the plants have a abundance of energy and will be large enough to handle that energy.
Don't give up on soil I've thought about changing but I know soil and I know they love it and please don't get caught in this ph level nonsense let the plant tell you what she wants the leaves tell you everything.

don't get caught in this ph level nonsense let the plant tell you what she wants the leaves tell you everything.
Man I got so far to go. My fan leaves turned a bit yellow. Did a pic search and I`m ready to add magnesium , or should it be potassium,
after looking at the next pic should I add calcium--- you get my drift.
I do know you are spot on, listen to your leaves, sounds like the best advice. I can`t wait to learn their language.

Hey green guy,
Thanks for asking, things are going great.
I have 2 Critical kush planted in a long tub. Both have been left to grow naturally.
The OG Kush plant has been LST`d quite a bit and I think looks good with a nice bunch of bud sites.
They have spent their lives under a 900w Mars Hydro 2.

So I chose those strains based on reading Rick Simpson saying to look for a high 25% THC low CBD to produce the oil.
It turns out that due to my wife having an estrogen receptive cancer, it seems we need a very high CBD content.

I have now bought some CBD Therapy and some Candida beans which should help.

Regarding having a 2nd grow area I am looking to DIY my own light and am currently trying to get to grips with
the tech involved. I might try a post later on in the Grow Lighting forum

cheers mate.

here are pics I took today. 60 days veg. 10 days into 12/12 flowering.

IMG_047350.JPG
IMG_047743.JPG
IMG_047147.JPG
IMG_047843.JPG

Update **

Here they are. Now 18 days into flower.
I can`t believe how they are looking like colas already, and still got around 5 weeks to go.
must be doin something right.
perhaps it`s the love, well I even slightly warm my water when making a feed, what a doting father !!

IMG_047945.JPG

IMG_048149.JPG

IMG_048256.JPG

Back
Top Bottom