Newbie - Would like mentoring please!

Rowan

Hi all :) New 420 girl here

Firstly, thank you all so much for all the great discussions I've been able to read!

I need to grow some MMJ but I'm not feeling well enough to read through all the posts and work out what I need to do on my own (I've tried, but illness is making it hard) so I was hoping that someone / some people might be kind enough to help me navigate my way to a successful first grow please.

I've inherited some kit:

- 400w HPS lamp with a domed type reflector (see pic)
- 24 timer switch
- Combined electronic hygrometer & thermometer
- pH soil tester liquid

I was reading about organic growing and have managed to get hold of:

- Perlite
- Vermiculite

I am thinking of just getting some worm castings to go with this? Should I be getting guano and mycorrhiza as well? What about 'normal' potting mix? I won't use blood, feathers or bone meal.

I have a selection of pots, but not sure which to use (see pics):

- 15 litre round pot with drainage holes already in some of which are flush with the ground
- 20 litre square pots need draining holes drilling, only the 4 corners would be in contact with the ground and not sure I should drill holes in them as they seem thickened

And I'm assuming I need a tray or something to put underneath the pots to catch drainage?

I need a grow tent, I don't have space limitations, I want to maximise grow space without having to purchase another light if possible (although may have to buy a square reflector?) I also need to grow as many plants as possible (thinking maybe 4 or is that too ambitious?) at once as I won't be able to do another grow until at least the end of the year if not next year and don't want a break in treatment. I like the look of the Budbox tents with the white interior, having read that white interior is supposed to be better than silver. Not sure which size to get with the light I have though.

Any help gratefully received. I'm feeling really overwhelmed by it all as I'm concerned about getting it right due to time window I have to do this. I am an experienced food grower and houseplant nurturer, so am not a complete newb with plants, just used to using my intuition with them and not had to go all organised and scientific with it before!

Thanks for reading :)

Light51.JPG

square_tub_side.JPG

Square_tub_bottom.JPG
round_pot_side.JPG
round_pot_bottom.JPG

I would recommend a different hood.. never seen a light like that before. As for the tent a 4x4 would be good for that size light. I am a fan of worm casting and guano. Casting seem to be cheaper. I'll follow along and help when I can, welcome to 420 mag.

Thanks KEEMOE :blushsmile:

I had seen a post saying minimum 40W per sq foot. So I thought maximum would be 10 sq ft for the tent. You're saying 16 sq ft is OK? I would prefer that size if it can work with a 400W lamp.

I'll have to see if I can get a different hood and keep the rest of the setup. I hope it isn't as expensive to get a new hood as it would be for a whole new light. If it is, would it be better to get a 600W HPS?

Re: pots, is the idea to have the base of the pots elevated from the ground/floor so that any excess water drains and cannot be re-taken up through the bottom? That's my query about whether to go with the round one that would be flush and so could take up water / feed again or the square one that is elevated on the feet and so any drainage holes would be 1/2 an inch above the ground / tray and would not be able to reabsorb. Or does it not matter? Also if you water and have excess in the tray do you need to pump it out somehow? Or can it just be left there?

Yeah you can buy reflectors separately. The ones I bought are quite cheap, but rated very highly in some studies against way more expensive versions. I can't remember the name right now but can check tonight when the lights are on if you want. Just remind me. Also you can quite easily make a diy reflector by putting up a scrap of sheet metal- stainless, or whatever else just painted white- drill holes in all four corners and use wire to tighten the sides together and bend the sheet into a sort of half circle shape. A lot better than nothing.

Unless you can install a drain (A wonderful thing to have if you can put one in) then yeah you should make some sort of system to elevate the trays a little so you can drain them. Maybe not essential, but not a great idea to have open trays of nutrient rich water exposed to the light and brewing up slime/rot-like growths. You can install a tap spigot in the tray to drain it, or else siphon or pump the water out with an electric pump.

Vermiculite generally isn't a great thing to have in the soil. Perlite is.
There are lots of organic growers here. I'm not one myself, and sourcing the ingredients and learning how to make a good organic mix has been a bit of a stumbling block for me.
You could check Build-a-soil. They have a ready made kit/recipe called the Clackamas Coot mix which is good. They're in the US - so if that's where you are shipping won't be too outrageous, like it is to my country - which is what has stopped me from ordering that kit.

A 400w can sort of work for veg in a 4x4 space. For flowering you'd want more light. A 600w would be better. Otherwise just keep the plants smaller and don't fill the whole space- give yourself some open room around the sides.

Check this link here for lots of basic growing info. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Thanks Weaselcracker :blushsmile:

I'd be really interested to know about which reflectors you have. Also good heads-up re: 400W maybe not being strong enough for bloom. I can't make my own reflector as I'm too sick, the most I can do is a bit of lifting heavy stuff occasionally (the light ballast is heavy to me right now! :cheesygrinsmiley:)

Unless you can install a drain (A wonderful thing to have if you can put one in) then yeah you should make some sort of system to elevate the trays a little so you can drain them. Maybe not essential, but not a great idea to have open trays of nutrient rich water exposed to the light and brewing up slime/rot-like growths. You can install a tap spigot in the tray to drain it, or else siphon or pump the water out with an electric pump.

I think a siphon would be easiest and get more liquid out unless the tray was angled to drain all to one spot, flat based tray wouldn't work so well to get it all out I don't think. So the pots themselves... is it better to have the pots raised off the tray so they don't sit in liquid if you can't clear it out straight away or does it not matter? Also is a 4 gallon / 15 litre pot big enough or would 20L / 5.3 gallon better?

You could check Build-a-soil. They have a ready made kit/recipe called the Clackamas Coot mix which is good. They're in the US - so if that's where you are shipping won't be too outrageous, like it is to my country - which is what has stopped me from ordering that kit.

I have the same shipping issue. I'm limited to an extent in what I can source.

Check this link here for lots of basic growing info. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Thanks for the link, I'd already been going through that when I posted. I'm going to amend my original post but the reason I've asked for help is that I can't use the computer much, it makes my head really bad, I struggle to read posts and remember things and work out the best options and learn stuff. At the moment I spend all my energy on getting meals ready and then spend most of the rest of my day lying down. I'm functioning at that sort of level unfortunately. This is why I need to try MMJ. I am a good example of someone who needs a caregiver but I can't work out how to access that, been trying for a while, so I'm having to DIY and am hoping to have someone / some people basically tell me what to do. I won't blame them if it doesn't work out, but it will really help me as without some handholding it's just not going to happen, and with my time window, I need to get sowing within 2 weeks at the most.

Well that sounds rough. Lots of people here to help, and just ask if you need anything. I'll stick around.

Growing pot indoors, and doing it well, is reasonably difficult. A lot of it comes from having to create the artificial environment- lighting, ventilation, nutrients, etc. A handful of complicating factors can turn into chaos pretty quickly. It's really too much for any person to be able to explain in a few posts. A person has to read as much as possible and keep asking questions.

My best advice is to try to be pretty conservative to start - don't do what a lot of people do and try to reinvent the wheel. For example, most people when they start will constantly want to push the envelope and overfeed and overwater. I'm not sure why - but it seems to be human nature. Find some good reading material and good advice and take the middle road. The first time growers who succeed are the ones who do it the 'boring way' and just follow tested and true growing practices.
I never did that myself- I spent many years screwing up and having every conceivable type of failure.

Anyway- yes I would elevate the pots.
Another good way to remove that water would be to use a shop vac. You can buy a small cheap one and just use it for that purpose.

A very rough rule of thumb would be to use about one gallon per foot of plant height. 3 gallon pots are good for plants that are about 24-36" tall- though 36" would be pushing it. Those would be plants that were put into flowering when they were about 12-18" tall. They then roughly double in size during flowering. Five gallons would be good for a 4 or 5' tall plant.
Do you have a plan for what strain(s) you might grow?

Thanks. I am keeping on with the reading, it's just slow, I think through asking questions hopefully I'll get there soon. Thanks for your patience and saying you'll stick around, I really appreciate it :blushsmile:

I would like to grow outdoors but not possible right now so stuck with an indoor grow. I'm pretty good with plants in general so I'm fairly sure I won't hurt them by being over-eager.

So the square pots that are raised off the ground are best for this? and if I get a 6.5 foot tall tent the 5 gallons will be fine. I was considering doing LST but that might be too advanced for a first grow?

I've got CBD auto compassion lime and CBD mass feminized then some other randoms I inherited some others that are high THC lower CBD that I probably won't use (all this acquisition of gear from people who didn't ever end up growing so can't help me with advice!). I am not a THC fan. It's all going into suppositories and lotions when prepped to avoid an overwhelming high as much as possible.

The two CBD strains I have are meant to be heavy croppers, so if I get a 4 x 4 tent is it too much to put 4 x 5 gallon pots in with 4 plants or should I go for only 2 or 3 max? Particularly if I only end up getting a new reflector and not getting a 600W light?

Hey gurrrrrl heyyyy....

My name is Kitty. Welcome!!! I would love to help you grow and you go. I am not an expert but I am well read, have a nice crop in flower, and am a fellow gal grower. I am a vegan and organic grower. I read you don't want to use animal products :) Well.. not ones that compromise an animals life and that is fucking awesome :) I am curious ... are you in EU... because I have only seen that style of HPS lamp for sale here on the 220v side of the pond. I live in Italy.

I would love to help you out. I have 5 FAT flowering female plants in a 4x4 tent under an LED panel. The tent and plant count you are proposing is doable easily. 5 gallon buckets are the perfect size for indoor growers. I want to answer all of your questions but first I want to address your lamp which I can see you already have some hesitations about. Having seen that lamp first hand I know it will be difficult to mount in a winged reflector because the ballast must attach directly to the light socket.

Honestly, if I were you... I would look into purchasing an LED lamp/panel. You say you have limited mobility and an MH/HPS set up is a bit more of a hassle than simply using pulleys to hoist up one panel that is used the full length of the grow.. no need to switch lamps. You can use an HPS (High Pressure Sodium) lamp in vegetative and flower (the two main cycles of cannabis growth) but it is not ideal. You should be using an MH (Metal Halide) bulb in veg and an HPS in flower.

Is smell an issue for you? Have you looked into air circulation. An HPS lamp puts of lots of heat which requires lots of air circulation. You will need fans to exchange the air in the tent with the air outside with the heat an HPS lamp generates. LED panels do not create the same amount of heat. I have been able to control my temps with just an oscillating fan and my house's normal heating and cooling system by leaving my tent open as I live alone and smell is not a big concern.

Soil can be bought near ready to use.... but your perlite will help that soil tremendously...

As I mentioned, I would really be curious as to the general area you are sourcing from to get a better idea how to help you. You don't have to tell me your country if you are not comfortable... but just an area... I am in Italy central southern EU... and by looking at the products you have listed I just assume you were somewhere...not in the States... but I could be wrong.

Anyway. Please let me know how I can help. I understand the computer is difficult for you. Lets keep chatting so you can get to 50 posts, at that time we can exchange personal messages on this site and I could help you further... maybe in a way more comfortable for you. This hobby has made my life so much better and I love to pay it forward.

xxKitty

I agree that four medium sized plants in 5 gallon pots will be fine.
You realize that the auto and the regular photo plants require different light schedules in flowering, right? That would make it difficult to grow them both in the same space at the same time.
I do not grow autos myself so can't help you much there. Some people manage to grow fairly large ones. Most are pretty small and won't take up as much space as your photo plants. May be hard to predict the size the first time you grow the autos.

As for the light- your options are open. I have three 600w lights in my grow. They all use digital ballasts and can be dimmed or turned up to various wattage settings, and take both MH bulbs for veg and HPS bulbs for flowering. The dimmable option is great during the veg stage and I use it all the time. Using this type of ballast, when you get to flowering all you would have to do is change the bulb to HPS- which as Cannakitty said is not completely necessary but does help.

I looked up the model number of your light- it's not dimmable.

You'll be fine to start whichever light you use, and it depends more on your circumstances and what is available to you. A decent LED is more expensive- I wouldn't bother with the cheap 'blurple' stuff. HID lights will produce much better bud than the low grade LEDs. They do bring in a lot more heat as CK explained, though some LEDs produce a lot as well so be careful what you buy. In my case my climate is quite cold and I need that heat to warm the grow- the whole system depends on it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out for you. I'm about to harvest a CBD Therapy plant. I'm looking around for ways to treat chronic pain without opiates. So far I haven't had much luck with it but the next step is to learn about making oil and skin creams and seeing if this does anything for me.
Do you currently use cannabis for pain?

OMG! V-Gang on the thread! And organic! :love: Thanks for your really positive reply :) You two are single-handedly helping me feel less anxious and alone on all this, thank you :love:

I’m in Europe too.

I’d like to go minus all animal products if I can but I’m not completely opposed to worm castings or (wild harvested) guano if it’s the best way. Definitely not OK with blood, bone or feather. I managed to get some ‘Black Magic’ potting mix but I later found out it has all three of those in it so it’ll have to go back. They do a liquid feed as well but I’m assuming it’ll be full of death also. Not the vibes I want to be growing my girls in. It’s all about the love for them :love: I can put some comfrey in to grow or use seaweed to make teas if that’s the best way?

And thank you Weaselcracker for your reply too :blushsmile: I’d love to hear about how you do with the CBD therapy, I could have done with getting hold of some of that to be honest, the super low THC is very appealing but I keep reading about 1:1 magic ratio so went for that. I was given some infused oil to try to make sure it didn’t make me sicker, I’ve tried it a few times (eating), sometimes it seems to help with the pain, other times not so much. I did find when it was fresher (it’s been hanging out in my fridge too long now) that rubbing it into painful areas was helpful, but I have no idea what’s in it, I think it’s a mix of all sorts, so no idea re: CBD / THC ratio. Oh. And it stained my clothes. Top tip: don’t wear white tees over it :)

I totally hadn’t realised the two seeds I have couldn’t be grown together, thanks for pointing out the obvious! I’m assuming if I put in the CBD mass feminized I could put in another from that stash of seeds I have that isn’t auto and they’d need the same lighting cycle?

So onto lights…

If you look at LED are you looking for the same wattage? So one that will go to 600W?

They seem very expensive to me, this could be my only grow depending on whether the medicine helps me (but I might start growing to juice as a second experiment) and the tent is already going to cost a lot so don’t want to / can’t really go crazy investing in it all. That’s why I wanted to use the 400W I already have if possible but it sounds like it’s not what I need. So I need to be looking for a single 600W dimmable that can take MH and HPS, is there anything I should look out for / avoid? I could probably do with the heating from it, I keep my place cold.

I am willing to look at LEDS but I’m assuming they add $hundreds on top of the price of HPS + MH?

Filtering & fans:

I don’t need constant filtering but I want to keep the smell inside my place, so no-one outside can pick up on it, and I need to be able to have the smell completely confined to the room it’s in if I get visits. I have an ozone machine I can use sometimes, I’m guessing I’ll need a carbon filter? Also what do I need to do for fans? I need intake and exhaust? If the fans and filters I would need would cost $$ then maybe it’s cheaper to get an LED light and a cheap fan?

OK. Brain properly fried now. Time to vegetate!

Yes any photo plants can be grown under the same light cycle. Most strains have slightly different feeding needs.

You will probably need a venting system. And if you are filtering the air for smell then you'll obviously need to run that on a vent fan system.

The way my setup works is this.
I have a passive air intake. This is just an opening down low in the room, with a flap covering the hole which opens under suction when the out-vent fan comes on.
Up as high as possible I have hanging a carbon filter, followed by an inline vent fan, then a bit of ducting which goes out of the room. The vent fan is connected to a thermostat. The thermostat is one I bought at a grow shop. It plugs in the wall and has an outlet on it. I hang it at whatever height level I want, and it turns on or off within a certain temp range which is set by the dial on the thermostat. So I have mine set at about 75° F and it probably turns on at about 78° and stays on till temps get down to 72°- something like that.
To make the carbon filter work your room should be sealed and only have air exchange through the filter/fan route.

Because I have cold temps I've always had to run a setup like this. CK may have some more input on how to operate a system with warmer temps. In any case your plants need fresh air so you'll need some ventilation.

You also need a couple oscillating desk fans or floor fans to move air around in the grow. It helps a lot to keep plants healthy and strong and combat any chance of mould.

LED manufacturers have taken the unfortunate route of inflating their numbers by falsely naming their light wattages. The standard that has developed is to rate the wattage by the maximum potential wattage of the LED lights. However- the actual diodes are never set to run at full power- they actually are manufactured to run at about 50% of max power because this prolongs their life.
So when looking at LED wattage you should only look at what the actual draw wattage of the lights are- what they draw from the wall. Usually that's about half of the wattage written next to the led name. I have a '1200w' LED that actually draws about 600w.

With HID lights 50w per square foot is a good average- 35 would be a real minimum.
A good LED light may gain you some efficiency and you may get away with 35w (actual) per sq foot.

Your 400w will grow plants just fine- but it won't cover more than a 3x3 area very well. Perhaps less. It may be a good start to learn with though. The learning curve is the main obstacle.

Can't help you with the vegan stuff as i don't know much about that. I live in the far north and without meat here our people never could have survived. The way of life here revolves around seasonal hunting, gathering, growing, and fishing. And yes nature is the closest thing I have to god and I love all animals.
Start a thread on the vegan style soil and you'll find help- or a quick search should turn up lots of info.

Hey girlie!!

So you are in Europe! great! That means I can help you even more so!

First I will address vegan and organic stuffs. THE ONLY true vegan and organic commercial line available is BioBizz. Thankfully, they are available readily in hydro stores and online here in EU... you can find their products on eBay or amazon no problem. When I have to fall on a commercial product... they are my go to! Not only are they vegan and certified by numerous organizations as so as well as organic but it is an incredible product line. I use their "AllMix" soil mix with added 30% perlite. It's expensive at about 20 euro for 50 liters BUT it is well worth it and you will not need to use any extra nutrients for some time (I went all the way to flower without added nutrients) because the soil mix is so filled with goodies. They make a 'Light Mix' but I recommend buying the all mix as it's easier to leech soil to make it lighter than having to mix in extra components to make it richer. Most people are not even aware that BioBizz vegan because it performs just as well if not better than other organic lines in my opinion.

As far as homemade organic nutrients. There is an awesome calmag+ recipe here on 420 but it requires egg shells or oyster shells. Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorous are pretty important nutrients in the cannabis game. This product takes about a month to ferment properly so I would get started on it as soon as you can. I went around and asked non vegan friends to save their eggshells for me. I am comfortable using the shells of organic eggs that people have eaten anyway as it seems to fall within my vegan moral compass.

I have a batch fermenting now made with the shells of 20 eggs my friend saved me. If this is a product you don't feel comfortable about because of the egg shells, oyster shells are also usable. I live on the beach and have collected some but my friends were quicker to provide egg shells than I was to find oyster shells of oysters that lost their shells naturally.... I didn't want to go to the seafood market as those oysters are farm raised.

Here is a link to the recipe... Emmie's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells

Okay if you are in Europe I would DEFINITELY be looking at LEDs. Weasel is right in that my lamp in my flower tent is labeled a Mars Hydro Mars2 1200 but it actually draws about 600 watts. As I mentioned, my tent is a square meter and my lamp is actually a bit big for my space. I know weasel isn't a fan of the 'blurple' tech but I got my lamp at a steal for 200 euro (a in box but technically 'second hand' find). I have no heat issues with it whatsoever. In fact, even here is the mild Tuscan weather I find myself needing the heater sometimes!

You will realize very quickly that the bill to cool and run an MH/HPS set up in Europe is astronomical. You will also find that after you are done adding up the lamp, the ballast, the wiring, the exhaust fans, and the ducting necessary to run an Mh/HPS lamp you will be looking at spending just as much as you would on an LED.

If you are looking for something that will grow your plants quite decently and don't want to make a big commitment, take a look on EBay at the original Mars Hydro Mars 300 and 600. Mars Hydro only sells these (their original models) on eBay and Amazon... they are also a Sponser here on 420. They are made in china (like everything else these days) but for someone like you who isn't confident that this will become a long term hobby or not... these lamps work well and are priced right.

My first grow purchase was one Mars300 for 67 euro. That's how cheap they are new. I even still use that lamp in my Veg Cabinet along with a couple supplemental CFLs. The true watts of the Mars 300 is around 140 watts +/-. It will cover two full grown small plants or one and a half full grown average sized plants. The 600 would be doubly that and might be able to cover 4 small-medium sized plants. They have a warehouse in Germany and shipping is included in their sale price... the 600 costing roughly twice as much as the 300. It may make better sense for you to buy two 300's as you can space them out better and get more coverage. They have 2FOR deals on the 300s if you look on eBay. Like any other electronic sold in the EU they come with a 2 year warranty. They do make you pay for shipping back to the German warehouse for warranty work but they pay to return. You know there are pros and cons with anything in life and I know I may sound like a salesperson but I just think that this would be a superior choice in your position.

The heat from approximately 300 true watts of led will be easily manageable with a few fans. Maybe one oscillating one and a few clip ons inside the tent.

One thing a lot of new growers don't realize is that once you switch your plants to the flower cycle the plants must have 12 hours of light and 12 hours of complete and uninterrupted darkness. Now I lucked out because I have black out shutters in my house and a little extra duct tape where age has left light leaks were easily managed but plan to make a space that can be light proofed entirely. I leave my tent open because I use a minisplit (eu styled ductless ac unit/heat pump/&dehumidifier) to control my environment... not exhaust fans... so I had to light proof the whole room.... especially as we approach these loooooong days.

I really wish we could converse in a way more comfortable for you... where by voice messages or phone... I'm so sorry it's hard for you to even read all my writing...

Any more questions??

I am going to write a mod and see if they can make an exception for me to send you my email address.

May not work and still have to get you to 50 posts but it's worth a shot.

XxKitty

Welcome Rowan! I'm in a similar situation - completely new and just learning. Wishing you a good, healthy grow.

Wow! Thanks for your responses :blushsmile: Feeling the love :love:

Biobizz - awesome, thank you, just what I need. I don't have to mess around with that and it's vegan :blushsmile: :blushsmile:

Calmag+ recipe - thank you! That's perfect. I know someone who has a couple of pampered chickens so I'm comfortable enough with using their shells. I wonder if old snail shells would work the same, they can be easily collected over time. It'll be interesting to learn about differing feeding needs between strains as I go with this. It seems like it might be fun to do 2+ strains at once to learn how different they can all be.

Lighting - I really need to get something that covers a 120cm square / 16 sq ft tent fully and is powerful enough for flowering if I can. I know the dimmable 600W HPS would do that. I've looked into the LEDs now and it's a bit confusing! There are unbranded ones that are relatively cheap, but the Mars Hydro ones look the same but are more expensive.

- I'm assuming I should stay away from the unbranded ones?

- I have seen posts with people complaining about 'blurple' not being as good as whole spectrum, would supplementing with the 400W HPS sometimes be helpful if I used LEDs?

- Would 2 x 600W LED panels do a 120cm square tent? That's about 16 sq ft and so would be 37.5W per sq foot. That seems to be cheaper than 1 x 1200W. I can only do one grow now and then not again for maybe quite a long time. I need enough medicine to last about a year just in case I can't grow again before then. I'm thinking 4 plants would be enough but less wouldn't last as long?

- Could I start the grow (4 plants, 120cm sq tent) on the 400W HPS and then switch it up later?

Blackout - I'm assuming that if they're in a quality tent that's zipped up that it should provide full blackout so it's OK if there's a bit of light that gets around the blackout blind on the window? Or would I still need to tape it down?

Filtering - So with yours Weaselcracker you actually duct the exhaust out of the whole room the tent is in or just out of the tent / grow space? I was trying to work out if you need to vent outside the actual room itself as this will make things more difficult. Can carbon filters be 100% effective at removing smells? I'm going to have to filter out smell as much as possible and use ozone to kill anything outside the tent sometimes.

Heating & Cooling - I don't have AC and temp is variable. I let it drop to 15 C / 59 F overnight (depends on the time of year whether it actually drops that much) and I have it between 18 C / 65 F and 22 C / 72 F during the day. Sometimes but not often it will get up to 35 C / 95 F inside. So I am guessing I will need intake and outlet fans or at least an outlet fan with passive intake. I like the idea of your thermostat automatically switching on the fan Weaselcracker I guess that would work with any fan system, just need to get hold of the right kind of thermostat? Do you have it hanging inside the tent so the plug for the fan is inside the tent connecting to the thermostat? Is that not a risk with humidity?

So it seems like the big difference for me with set up between HPS vs LED would be electricity use of the actual lights as I (think I) still need to have all the cooling and possibly even a way of heating?

Other questions:

- What's SCROG and SOG? I tried searching but didn't come up with anything. I know what SCROG looks like but didn't find any info on why you do it, how you do it, when you do it etc.

- Would doing LST make the lighting go further? I'm not sure my 5 gallon tubs would be big enough for that

Thanks for understanding my using computer issues CK :blushsmile: I plan it into my day but it is hard. I had to use most of my comp time yesterday for other stuff, which is why I didn't finish my reply!

Welcome Rowan! I'm in a similar situation - completely new and just learning. Wishing you a good, healthy grow.

Hi Gnome :blushsmile: Are you growing for MMJ / health reasons too? Wishing you a good healthy grow also :blushsmile:

Yes, I am. :blushsmile: Still so much to learn about, but I think I can at least germinate the seeds. Better not get too ahead of myself. Those seeds might prove me wrong.

SOG - Sea of Green Marijuana Sea of Green

SCROG - Screen of Green How To - The SCROG Method

Ooo! Thank you Gnome :blushsmile: I don't know why my forum searches didn't work, I'm going to get to reading these as soon as possible.

Are you going to post a grow journal?

You're welcome. Happy reading!

I thought about a grow journal, but I need to find my camera charger first. :biglaugh:

You could just go old school and do drawings by hand. They say colouring is therapeutic. You never know, you could find your true vocation and start a whole new line of income with MJ etchings :blalol:

Back
Top Bottom