Daffodils and Burmese Skunk

Tony Urban

Hi,

Been binge reading grow journals and every other important topic. Obsessing over building my set up. Patiently waiting to grow. Gonna plan and plan and plan then buy and buy and buy. But heres my intro for now...

Around 20 years ago I was a young man and tried to grow. Ordered seeds from the man Marc Emery in Vancouver. Got some burmese skunk x F'in Incredible, and an indoor mix. I also planted some daffodils. Ordered a 400w sunmaster, built a tent inside a room and went to town. Plants were doing fantastic. Big indica leaves on the skunk, heavy coffee and lemon smell, and the sativas were putting on some height. Might have been 8-10 weeks in veg, all females remaining, and I notice mites. I was young and high, lol, and decided that a few minutes outside in -18 C would do the trick. Smoked a joint and the hockey game started back up. By the time I realized...they were dead lol. The daffodils turned out beautiful lol. I havent tried since. This time around will be epic and more importantly legal lol.

Cheers,

UrbanAchiever

Hi,

Been binge reading grow journals and every other important topic. Obsessing over building my set up. Patiently waiting to grow. Gonna plan and plan and plan then buy and buy and buy. But heres my intro for now...

Around 20 years ago I was a young man and tried to grow. Ordered seeds from the man Marc Emery in Vancouver. Got some burmese skunk x F'in Incredible, and an indoor mix. I also planted some daffodils. Ordered a 400w sunmaster, built a tent inside a room and went to town. Plants were doing fantastic. Big indica leaves on the skunk, heavy coffee and lemon smell, and the sativas were putting on some height. Might have been 8-10 weeks in veg, all females remaining, and I notice mites. I was young and high, lol, and decided that a few minutes outside in -18 C would do the trick. Smoked a joint and the hockey game started back up. By the time I realized...they were dead lol. The daffodils turned out beautiful lol. I havent tried since. This time around will be epic and more importantly legal lol.

Cheers,

UrbanAchiever

Did it get rid of the mites??

IMG_605810.JPG

I spent the day building my soil. instead of buying bentonite for my rock dust component I harvested some local clay. Dug it up, broke it up, oven dried, used a grater for some and a rock/concrete to grind the rest. Hardest part of this journey. Took me a lot to get all these components together.

Based off of Clackamas Coots basic soil mix, here is what my soil is made of:
3.8 cubic feet of pro mix (sphagnum/perlite), 60 litres worm castings (3 bags), about 2 cubic feet of perlite. To this, roughly 8 cubic feet of base mix I added: 4 cups neem meal, 4 cups kelp meal, 2 cups alfalfa meal, 2 cups diatomecious earth, 4 cups crab shell meal, and at least 24+ cups of my rock dust mix. Still probably gonna mix some black earth but overall its looking good. Added some water mixed for a long while and now its in 4 tubs for the next month or two.

My rock dust mix included: 15 pounds of glacial rock dust, 3 pounds volcanic basalt dust, 3.5 pounds local clay powdered, 4.4 pounds oyster shell powder, and 1 pound azomite (free).

One less thing to do. I also picked up some boogie brew so my compost teas are now that much easier.

Not sure if I will have a journal or not. Probably lol. Until then I am going to track my redemption preparation here.

So my living organic soil is mixed and cooking. Been a few weeks now and it is looking good and smelling great. Wife is using a bit to grow some tomatoes outdoors and they are loving it.

Seed stock is looking half decent. I have 5 Deep Purple Reg (querkle x purple urkle) by TGA Subcool, 3 Green Crack Fem from HSO, 10 NL5 x Haze x Mist fem from Greenhouse Seed Co, 1 Green Avenger Fem from Brothers Grimm, and 3 Blue Dream fem from HSO. Also got a few freebies that may have some quality potential: 1 White Widow fem from Canuk, 1 Brains Choice from KC Brains, 2 Liberty Haze from Barneys Farm, and 2 Amnesia x OG from Royal Queen Seeds. I would love to find a straight up NL #5 but will take that cross from the strain hunters until I do.

Thats it for now. Still determining the set up. Might go slow and start small. Perhaps build a space underneath my sunken living room. This will determine my lights and environmental controls. Wont be long and I will have things figured. Getting closer every week.

Did it get rid of the mites??

:laughtwo:

...sadly it only killed my plants lol. Not my finest hour ��

Damn! lol

You sound like a more patient man than me. I started my grow before I had all my equipment and been tweaking along the way, but I think that since I made it through my first, the next grow will be less intense since I'll actually have an idea of what I'm doing. I bet you're gonna have some nice plants. You sound like you know what you're talking about ;)

Thx Coop and Braica.

Well I am out of town working and happen to spot a shop. I pop in to take a look and ask if they have seeds. "Yeah we have a few but we are getting out of that so they are %50 off". She pulls a box out of the back and lets me root through them. Had a bunch of CKS seeds but I am not really interested in them. Then I spot a bunch of Jordan Of The Island seeds. $6 a seed...but with the discount...$3 a seed...

...long story shorter...I picked up:

5x Gods Blue Warp reg
5x BC Big Bud reg
5x Gods AK47 reg
5x Blue Bud reg (bc big bud x blueberry)

all for $60 Canadian. Not a bad find if I do say so myself

Let's get this grow on

Believe me I am dying to get started but this is my busy time of year. The upside is I am making enough money to buy my lights, appliances, tents/ construction material all at once. So when its go time it will happen fast.

Well I popped into that store again. Couldnt resist with 1/2 price beans.

Picked up another 5 seeds from Jordan Of The Island...his famous God Bud, even though I have some of the God Bud crosses. I also grabbed 5 feminized CB Dream from Crop King. Total cost of $56 lol. I plan on making my Pops some oil capsules to combat his severe arthritis and save a bit of the bud for his evening smoke. He is an old hippy and has found that the CBD oil capsules he recently tried from a dispensary reduces his pain by 60-70%. At $6 a pill its not bad but I am willing to bet I can help him save some cash.

Rest assured I am ready to get this show on the road. But again, patience will be rewarded, proper planning prevents piss poor performance!

Hi,

Cheers,

UrbanAchiever
Happy growing

All in Good Time!
What medium(s) are you thinking about using?

I have a living organic soil all mixed up and cooked. Its now ready for use. Just brainstorming pot size. Probably going to use starter plugs or rockwool for seeds, transferring to 1 litre smart pots or just directly into my final containers, which will either be 10 gallon smart / fabric pots or huge 38 gallon bins for a no-till. If I go for the large bins it will be max two plants per bin.

The next stage for me at this point, since I have two of the three critical components (genetics and medium), is to purchase my lights and construct my grow area. I am leaning towards a few perfect sun dwarf stars or maybe a few timber cobs. I was going to use grow tents but now leaning to ensuring a solid, clean, and stealthy constructed grow space to ensure the health and safety of all involved. I am going for quality organic buds for personal use. The wife and I smoke about 1/4 ounce a week max during our quiet winter months and a fraction of that during summer.

The next phase begins in a week or three. Building my space. Work is crazy right now so I have to live vicariously through other people on 420 lol.

Back
Top Bottom