New UK member just saying hello!

KushGod

Hi to everyone and anyone that's part of the 420 Magazine community and respect to anyone who grows this beautiful plant themselves. Whether indoor or outdoor, newbie or expert we are all here for the love of one thing, cannabis.

I'm new to the community but have been growing cannabis outdoors in the UK for nearly 20 years. I use cannabis medically for severe cluster headaches. I'm by no means an expert and I'm alway open and willing to learn more. That's what makes this online community so great, it's a platform for us all to learn together and hopefully harvest some great crops along the way.

I had a great Kush harvest last year outdoors in the U.K. and I'm hoping for much more this year, I'm a huge Kush fan btw. One thing I should probably add is I use the light deprivation technique to induce flowering earlier in the summer, making sure my girls buds mature under the hotter summer sun, many strains don't finish here left to their own natural devices so light deprivation helps some of the longer flowering varieties to fully ripen in the UK climate. I'm especially keen to talk to anyone using light deprivation techniques and growing outdoors, especially in the uk but I'm generally keen to chat to everyone who grows their own cannabis, wherever you are from, however you grow it.

I have 2 outdoor plots this year, all within private family property and I'm growing several strains as we speak. White Label Seeds Master Kush, Sensi Seeds Sensi Skunk, Sensi Seeds Super Skunk and finally White Label seeds White Widow, all seeds are feminised and were ordered directly from Sensi Seeds/White Label Seeds who are in fact the same company. I have the White Widow and Super Skunk at one plot and the Sensi Skunk and Master Kush at another. All strains are being grown in pots and in compost which I will document properly in a grow journal starting soon. This post is just to say hi to the community and welcome people to chat to me and show me their grows.

Anyway here's a picture of my Master Kush and Sensi Skunks just beginning the vegative growth spurt stage and looking super healthy so far, you'll also notice 3 more seedlings just in front of the 4 week olds pots, they are also Master Kush females but 2-3 weeks behind their sisters as I wanted a late crop also, light deprivation allows me to force 2 crops per year so I make the most of it. I'll post pictures from the other WW/SSS plot tomorrow. Anyway I've bored you all enough now, feel free to reply and introduce yourselves back guys, happy growing!

420-magazine-mobile530471932.jpg

420-magazine-mobile576716649.jpg

Oh before I go here's a pic from a pineapple Kush I grew last year

420-magazine-mobile680351955.jpg

and another of a Cookie Kush from the same garden grow last year for good measure.

420-magazine-mobile947519176.jpg

Anyway guys this is my first post so go easy on the Noob.

Happy Growing people!

KushGod

What a great intro! Welcome.

I'm an indoor hydro grower for personal and medical reasons. Like yourself, I like to chat and keep current in the world of Cannabis. Though hydro works for my needs right now I still like to keep a toe in the dirt and see what the organic growers are up to :)

You have some beautiful plants going over there. Nice job.

I hope to see you around soon.

Cheers,
/Obi

What a great intro! Welcome.

I'm an indoor hydro grower for personal and medical reasons. Like yourself, I like to chat and keep current in the world of Cannabis. Though hydro works for my needs right now I still like to keep a toe in the dirt and see what the organic growers are up to :)

You have some beautiful plants going over there. Nice job.

I hope to see you around soon.

Cheers,
/Obi

Thank you for the reply and the complimentary comment on the girls (as I like to call them affectionately). I'm definitely interested in indoor hydroponic growing and once UK laws change and we go legal here I'll definitely invest in an indoor hydro or aero grow, I'm not prepared to risk giving off a heat signal to those pesky police choppers at the moment but the benefits of indoor growing year round really do appeal to me. What set up do you use lights wise? What strains are you currently growing? Do you have your own grow journal you can point me in the direction of by any chance? I'd like to follow as many as possible but am still learning to navigate the app and only just managed my intro post :)))) anyway pleased to make your acquaintance my friend!

Welcome KushGod. I must say you have some good looking girls. I too grow in soil that I amend to my own blend. I love the fact that I can build my nutes into the soil mix from day one. It frees me up during the veg stage to just water and enjoy watching them grow. I use for personal and medical, mostly for stress. I hope to learn from you much my friend.

You may need to use "web view" to see members signatures. That is typically where you will find the links to their grow journals.

I'll have to poke around to see if there is any posted information about minimum post requirements for creating journals or posting in other areas of interest. I suspect it helps control bot spam throughout the site and gives new members a chance to ease into this large community.

Keep it green,
/Obi

Thank you for the reply and the complimentary comment on the girls (as I like to call them affectionately). I'm definitely interested in indoor hydroponic growing and once UK laws change and we go legal here I'll definitely invest in an indoor hydro or aero grow, I'm not prepared to risk giving off a heat signal to those pesky police choppers at the moment but the benefits of indoor growing year round really do appeal to me. What set up do you use lights wise? What strains are you currently growing? Do you have your own grow journal you can point me in the direction of by any chance? I'd like to follow as many as possible but am still learning to navigate the app and only just managed my intro post :)))) anyway pleased to make your acquaintance my friend!

Check out my journal it's perpetual harvest and if you click my name you'll see it it's a dwc run

I'll take a look, I'm interested in perpetual grows for a bivouac reasons, I love the idea of staggered and regular harvests. How to I subscribe to journals do I just view them or is there a 'subscribe' button or function, I'm rubbish with tech, nature is my thing not iPads and browsers :() lol

Ok thanks I've been using the app and safari browser for my profile etc. What is this 'signature' you've mentioned? Does it mean it attaches a signature to all the users posts? Like an ID if you like? Sorry for all the newbie questions I'll get there eventually :()

Awesome intro you this there !
It's always awesome to read and talk about marijuana.
I'm growing outdoors for the first time this year, I hope to make a nice harvest without having budrott.
Love from France.

Hello and thanks for the reply, France is a lovely country I spent much time there as a kid in a place called St Jean De Mont (excuse my spelling) on the southern coast, beautiful place, great summer climate as well so you should grow some great buds outdoors this year. Bud Rot is the bain of all outdoor cannabis growers and it's mostly caused by heavy rain and high humidity when your plant is in flower. The best advice I can give is to protect your flowering females from rainfall, construct a DIY cover from canes and transparent sheeting or buy a cheap plastic pop up greenhouse to put your plants in when heavy rain is expected. Cannabis can deal with high humidity and not develop budrot but if you allow heavy formed buds to get soaked with rain in very humid weather the budrot will come and will be devastating. Keep the buds dry and bud rot (botrytis) won't be an issue, the key is keeping them dry in flower. Hope this helps a little. Preparation is key, plan for it now and avoid disaster later. High five dude :()

Ok thanks I've been using the app and safari browser for my profile etc. What is this 'signature' you've mentioned? Does it mean it attaches a signature to all the users posts? Like an ID if you like? Sorry for all the newbie questions I'll get there eventually :()

You are correct. You can create a signature filled with useful information that will be automatically appended to all of your posts.

My signature currently reads:

Your body has cannabinoid receptors for a reason. It is up to you to unlock their secrets and realize their full potential.

Enqueue - Obi's Pure Power Plant Grow - Chapter 2: Tackling the Clones
Current Journal - Grow Room Build - Upgrading to a 2 room grow area
Current Journal - Obi's AK-48 - A Grow Journal and Review
Complete Journal - Pure Power Plant
Complete Journal - Jock Horror & Jack Herer

Complete Journal - Auora Indica
Complete Journal - Northern Light Auto

Cheers,
/Obi

I'll take a look, I'm interested in perpetual grows for a bivouac reasons, I love the idea of staggered and regular harvests. How to I subscribe to journals do I just view them or is there a 'subscribe' button or function, I'm rubbish with tech, nature is my thing not iPads and browsers :() lol
On the app, when you look at a thread there should be a check mark in a circle. If it is white you are subscribed if it is not white you are not. For example:
420-magazine-mobile1020338745.jpg
top right corner.

Welcome! I joined a few months back and there is a wonderful group of folks here and a great resource. You garden looks beautiful! Happy growing!

You are correct. You can create a signature filled with useful information that will be automatically appended to all of your posts.

My signature currently reads:

Your body has cannabinoid receptors for a reason. It is up to you to unlock their secrets and realize their full potential.

Enqueue - Obi's Pure Power Plant Grow - Chapter 2: Tackling the Clones
Current Journal - Grow Room Build - Upgrading to a 2 room grow area
Current Journal - Obi's AK-48 - A Grow Journal and Review
Complete Journal - Pure Power Plant
Complete Journal - Jock Horror & Jack Herer

Complete Journal - Auora Indica
Complete Journal - Northern Light Auto

Cheers,
/Obi

Thanks that's good to know. I finally got the journal sorted and instalment one from plot number one is up, I'm finally getting the hang of this. Appreciate the help and I'll check out your own work in more detail this evening. Thanks again .

Welcome! I joined a few months back and there is a wonderful group of folks here and a great resource. You garden looks beautiful! Happy growing!

Hey and thanks for replying. It's still very early for my girls but they are super healthy and I couldn't be happier right now. Anyway enough about me, what are you growing? Do you have a journal? I'm keen to follow as many as I can .

Hello and thanks for the reply, France is a lovely country I spent much time there as a kid in a place called St Jean De Mont (excuse my spelling) on the southern coast, beautiful place, great summer climate as well so you should grow some great buds outdoors this year. Bud Rot is the bain of all outdoor cannabis growers and it's mostly caused by heavy rain and high humidity when your plant is in flower. The best advice I can give is to protect your flowering females from rainfall, construct a DIY cover from canes and transparent sheeting or buy a cheap plastic pop up greenhouse to put your plants in when heavy rain is expected. Cannabis can deal with high humidity and not develop budrot but if you allow heavy formed buds to get soaked with rain in very humid weather the budrot will come and will be devastating. Keep the buds dry and bud rot (botrytis) won't be an issue, the key is keeping them dry in flower. Hope this helps a little. Preparation is key, plan for it now and avoid disaster later. High five dude :()
Ooh nice it's not far from where I live :)
I think if I cover my plants and all my nabours will get suspicious.
I'll build a greenhouse later on in the year so I'll be able to grow without any curious eyes.
I''m also planning on putting solar panels for a complimentary light in winter .
Hope I'll be able to get all of it done .
:) If you do a grow journal I'll be happy to pop by

Back
Top Bottom