New grower in somewhere USA - Hydro & Ebb & Flow - Indoor

Pinktiger777

Hello there, and a shout out to other over-60 growers! I have been using MJ since my 20s, off and on, with a lot of time off during my career and raising children. Today, I have medical issues that I would rather not placate with dangerous drugs - NSAIDS, pain killers, etc. I can't drink because it makes me sick to my stomach and causes problems - I'm diabetic. 66 years old, married to a conservative who does not use MJ. He tolerates my use because it helps me, but sometimes I think he would rather I not.

But growing seems the best option, as buying it is a problem. I purchase mine online from an online dispensary; the prices are high, the quality is excellent. I'm trying to replicate the quality, but on the first grow I know it won't be perfect.
I started this in January, buying the grow tent and accouterments, getting seed, etc. It took everyone here in the house helping me to set this up, as I'm not really good at mechanical things. LOL. One of our grown children lives with us, but does not smoke or toke.
My equipment is a 2X2.5 ft. by 6 feet tall grow tent by Gorilla. Then I got an ebb and flow setup online, a 300 watt LED light, and a six-inch exhaust with carbon filter, intake also 6-inch fan, and a fan to circulate air in the tent. Nutrients are General Hydroponics.
I use clay pellets for a medium.
I had lots of problems with my grow. First, getting the seeds to pop was an issue; I figured out what I was doing wrong, but in the meantime, went through lots of my first seed with no results. Finally, four plants in the tent, and then I got light burn from being too close to the lighting.
Then I added too many nutrients and my water turned foul, and I almost lost it all. But fixed that by flushing and refreshing the tank with new water.
The next thing that happened, is my timer on the light got bumped, and a 45-minute daytime occurred in the middle of the "night," and my plants started vegging again after two weeks of blooming. So now back to blooming, 2 weeks or so in, and I think the plants are going to be OK.
DSCF15797.jpg
DSCF15266.jpg

In the end, I chopped the two plants and got five ounces of bud. Not happy, but I'm starting a new grow.

But you know next time will be better and what not to do I'm just starting with bag seed figure I kill them no big deal seen what happened with your timer I found one with a cover on it for that reason because we'll I'm kinds clumsy haha good luck

Back
Top Bottom