Newbie Grower!

RU3xperienced

Hey everyone!

In my research, I've probably come across this site a hundred times, but never bothered with making an account in spite of the great info. Well, today I finally got around to it and am excited to announce that I'm on the verge of my very first grow! I've had my hands on some mystery seed from a friend for the past year and want to take my summer home from school as an opportunity to learn the ropes.

Browsing through Amazon, I picked out some gear, but have yet to order anything just yet. The list goes something like this:
  • 2' x 2.5' x 5.7' Gorilla Grow Tent
  • VIPARSPECTRA 300W LED Grow Light
  • Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil
  • Fox Farm Big Bloom, Big Grow and Tiger Bloom Pack
  • iPower Charcoal Filter Bundle

Throwing in a few other goodies like adjustable grow light hangers, a plug-in timer, fan speed adjuster, small oscillating fan, and a 5-pack of gallon grow pots, the total cost comes to just over $500 with tax. And while I'm not too keen on the overall cost, I definitely wanna make sure I get things as right as I can the first time around. I would've preferred to get my hands on some better seeds, but this being my first grow, I'm not too concerned. I'm definitely open to running a bit more bear-bones, but I'd eventually like to setup and start growing in my apartment at school a bit more seriously; for myself and maybe a couple friends.

Being as discrete as possible is a must considering that although my parents smoke, they don't necessarily agree with me growing my own. Also, when it comes time to go back to school, my roommates are cool with the fact that I smoke, but'll probably say something if they realize I've decided to grow. I'm also concerned that I won't have enough time to go from seed to bud before I have to go back. Minimum time to grow is usually pegged at 8 weeks and that's pushing it considering that I'd have to start now! Either way, I'm really excited to get some hands on experience and meet the awesome people on the forum! Maybe with some of your guys help, I'll have some fresh bud by the end of the summer! :smokin:

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, what kind of yields can I expect on average from the above setup? I know that the seed used is extremely important, but ballpark estimates are good enough for me!

Welcome.

With your 136 watt light x 0.5 grams per watt estimate = 68 grams. 68g ÷ 28g = 2.4oz.

You might reach 1 gram per watt with a good strain and a little experience.

Back
Top Bottom