New Hydro grower - Trying out LED COB full spectrum integrated driver grow chip

Treblecleff

Hi Friends
I am from South Africa. Very happy I found this website. It helped me with some difficult decisions.
This is my first attempt at hydroponics, but I tried growing in soil about 10 years ago, when there was not so much information and videos on the Web regarding the subject.

I am attempting a 6 x DWC bucket "bubbleponic" system. Doing some research, I realized I would prefer growing this way because I like that there are many DIY options available. That would save time and money, but it still works out very expensive when starting up.

I decided I want to use LED lights, because electricity is very expensive in South Africa. I did some research, found these DIY led grow chips on Ebay.

I ordered 5 x 50w Full spectrum integrated driver, and 3 x 20w Cool White chips. Even tho it says it has an integrated driver, I still bough DC step down modules, to lower the current. Hoping that my chips would last longer.

The only problem I have with the LED Grow chip is, I am not sure if the light chips will last through my entire grow. (I ordered 10 x 100w LED light bulbs just in case my chip lights fail me)
This is my setup details:
1. Grow space (garage, that has good ventilation), 2.5 x 2 meters.
2. Seeds and grow mediums, EHG Nutrient Kit.
3. 2 household fans.
4. 6 x 15 liter dwc Buckets, with 3 dual outlet air pumps.
5. 8 LED COB chips lights with PC fans and heatsinks, total 400watts (DIY assembly)Covers all spectrums

I am still waiting for my order to arrive from eBay. Which is supposed to be in my country within the next 2 weeks.
I ordered 10 seeds from MSNL, it should arrive within the next 3 weeks.
I still need to do the final construction, My goal is to start growing by 1 September.
Wish me luck

Hi Friends
I am from South Africa. Very happy I found this website. It helped me with some difficult decisions.
This is my first attempt at hydroponics, but I tried growing in soil about 10 years ago, when there was not so much information and videos on the Web regarding the subject.

I am attempting a 6 x DWC bucket “bubbleponic” system. Doing some research, I realized I would prefer growing this way because I like that there are many DIY options available. That would save time and money, but it still works out very expensive when starting up.

I decided I want to use LED lights, because electricity is very expensive in South Africa. I did some research, found these DIY led grow chips on Ebay.

I ordered 5 x 50w Full spectrum integrated driver, and 3 x 20w Cool White chips. Even tho it says it has an integrated driver, I still bough DC step down modules, to lower the current. Hoping that my chips would last longer.

The only problem I have with the LED Grow chip is, I am not sure if the light chips will last through my entire grow. (I ordered 10 x 100w LED light bulbs just in case my chip lights fail me)
This is my setup details:
1. Grow space (garage, that has good ventilation), 2.5 x 2 meters.
2. Seeds and grow mediums, EHG Nutrient Kit.
3. 2 household fans.
4. 6 x 15 liter dwc Buckets, with 3 dual outlet air pumps.
5. 8 LED COB chips lights with PC fans and heatsinks, total 400watts (DIY assembly)Covers all spectrums

I am still waiting for my order to arrive from eBay. Which is supposed to be in my country within the next 2 weeks.
I ordered 10 seeds from MSNL, it should arrive within the next 3 weeks.
I still need to do the final construction, My goal is to start growing by 1 September.
Wish me luck

The sun is by far the best grow lamp.. and electrons are not cheap. You need to supplement or deprave natural sunlight as needed if possible.. Our indoor grows are not economical commercially..

My first recommendation is put the hydro outdoors and hide it as needed.. You can use white cloth to cover a greenhouse and cut the light but no one can see in... Of course you will need to cover it at night if the lights are on inside.. you may need to chill the nutrient

My second recommendation would be to invest in a solar power system dedicated to your lights.. not cheap either.. but the one time cost will supply your indoor lighting needs for aq long time.. and you won't lose plants if the grid goes out.

We have generator backup on our greenhouses.. The temp will sky rocket fast in the day if the vent fan doesn't run and it could fry the whole crop in hours

Back
Top Bottom