New member from South Africa - Hello 420 World

LionFromZion

Blessings to all !

Great to be apart of the 420 crew, Ill be starting my grow journal in the week (as soon as I get my seeds) haha:)
Anyways a Little more about myself, Im a cannabis freak of nature :cheer: and enjoy the satisfaction of growing and smoking my own medicine !

I currently use a closet as a grow box with 2 100watt LED powerchip lights (full spectrum - 4000lumens each), nothing fancy but perfect to yield some quality personal sticky icky :thumb:
I "strictly" only grow Organics and use simple and easy techniques and growing methods.

Look forward to getting to know and learn more from all of you - Look out for my Grow Journal to follow !
Stay blessed and happy growing :Namaste:
MORE FIYA :420:

Welcome Lion, glad to have you here at 420. Hope you had a great weekend! Glad to see another organic grower on here. Hope to see a journal from you sometime! Be sure to stop in and check out the various other journals out there and meet some of the 420 neighbors. Lots of knowledge and experience to draw from and I am glad to have found this great place.

Hi Van Stank

I'm from SA, CPT...
having trouble sourcing seeds... any advice, connections perhaps?

I started a DIY bubbleponic setup... I'm still learning so I want to start small.. and test out all the knowledge I have gathered from this site and books... I'm struggling to load some pics... but my little bag seed is starting to grow.. check out the pics on my profile..

any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Van Stank

I'm from SA, CPT...
having trouble sourcing seeds... any advice, connections perhaps?

I started a DIY bubbleponic setup... I'm still learning so I want to start small.. and test out all the knowledge I have gathered from this site and books... I'm struggling to load some pics... but my little bag seed is starting to grow.. check out the pics on my profile..

any advice would be appreciated.

Ok, so not living in SA, I don't know how hard it is to get them in...but I highly recommend Seedsman and when you checkout, select the stealth shipping with insurance. I think its like 13 euro for that option, but its worth it because they are really creative with their shipping and if it does get nabbed, they will resend again. I can't recommend them enough. I have bought from them 5 times and no issues in any of the 5 purchases.

Hello, LionFromZion, and welcome to 420Magazine.com. As you can see, we have some members from your part of the world. Make yourself at home, feel free to learn, teach, and enjoy.

BtW, please ask your government to make Durban Poison an official export crop, lol.

HI Van Stank,

Thanks for the info. I have checked out seedsman site, seeing that you have such positivity regarding their service. I must give it a try.
I have been waiting for 30 days for seeds from MSNL, paid for stealth 15 euro, they also guarantee, they will resend once only. But resending means I would have been waiting more than 2 months for seed to arrive.
They gave me a tracking number, but the tracking is terrible, little info.
So, I hope it is still going to arrive... tomorrow will be day 31 of waiting... but I am positive.

When all else fails, go buy some sh!tty cannabis, lol. You usually get all the free seeds you could use - and more - by doing so. And such seeds, when grown to harvest with a modicum of care, produce bud that is far in excess of the quality of the bud that they came from. And if you're lucky, you might even get a (slight, short-lasting) buzz from your original purchase. And one such strain will probably always rank among my personal top five.

That's pretty much how I sourced all of my seeds up until... 1993 or so when I stumbled across an ad for some character named Jock (Jocko?) who was selling seeds. And later, of course, I learned about breeders such as Sensi Seeds (site sponsor), Serious Seeds, and so on. Yes, the Internet has actually been beneficial for something after all ;) .

I call it cannabis. The prohibitionists around here call it weed (among other things). And I figure they don't need my help in their fight. But to each their own, I guess.

my first attempt at DWC is running now, with a dirt weed seed... hee hee hee...

its a USN container conversion.. pics on my page.. two little mini leaves when i looked at it this morning..

but I dream of growing some BLUE, PURPLE, OR RED strain man... I'm in M/Plain.. those buds are unheard of here...

where I live they call it DAGGA (the ghetto).. even if its a high quality strain.. I like the word marijuana ..

yes... each their own, I guess.

I dream of growing some BLUE, PURPLE, OR RED strain

Give it cold temperatures at night during mid- to late-flower. Or withhold phosphorous until it becomes a deficiency.

I wouldn't bother, though. My taste buds cannot see color. And color of the bud has no correlation to the effect, type of same, or length of same. It's good for selling product to the 18-22 year old set, I suppose, if you're into that kind of thing. They seem to like cheap alcohol sold in colorful bottles and cigarettes advertised by cartoon-like characters, too :rolleyes3 .

Watsup guys .. Sorry for being so quite. haha!
Been a lil busy, Have 2 journals up aswell if you guys are keen on checking it out. ( ill post links at end of msg)

You will get everything you wna know about my seeds etc. in the journals. Should help you out ;)
People like to use vulgar and harsh terms for cannabis to try talk down or badly about it BUT all they are, are uneducated people and horribly misguided.

Journal Links:
" The Lion Man's Organic Auto's "
Organic 12/12 Light Schedule Indoor Experiment

I call it cannabis. The prohibitionists around here call it weed (among other things). And I figure they don't need my help in their fight. But to each their own, I guess.

I prefer using the term Cannabis as well. I don't really refer to it as anything else.

Back
Top Bottom