New grower from Michigan

devilmac87

Good afternoon everyone,
I'm here to learn as much as I can. I'm a Marine vet and do not like taking pills so I went to the doctors and got my Medical Marijuana card and have just started to grow all my medicine. it has been a very fun and relaxing thing so far. I love to people that I have come into contact at this point. I have started three little rooms with a few other vets and we all are having a good time. I have a few strains GG, GSC, Deathstar, kosher Kush, SFV, SFV Kush, Silver back.

Room 1: is a little room where we grow them from seed and LST and top for 4 weeks under CFL lights that we made from a board and a bathroom 5 light holder(whatever it is lol) that has 3 splicers and hold 6 CFL 60w light, then once they are big enough, they are mover down to the lower level and go under a 600w LED light.

Room 2: The big room where we hold 24 plants under 3 HPS 1000w lights, the plants are then transplanted into 7 pound pots and LST'ed for about 3 more weeks and then flipped into flower.

Room 3: is well where all the clones are put into a Root Rite and then put into a Hydro tub. completely experimenting with Hydro at this point. i have the clones under CFL's and in a root rite. when they are big enough and have enough roots i transplant them into the new tub i made. I also have them under a 600w LED light.

well thanks for reading and hope to here and see what this site is all about.
-Devilmac87

Good afternoon everyone,
I'm here to learn as much as I can. I'm a Marine vet and do not like taking pills so I went to the doctors and got my Medical Marijuana card and have just started to grow all my medicine. it has been a very fun and relaxing thing so far. I love to people that I have come into contact at this point. I have started three little rooms with a few other vets and we all are having a good time. I have a few strains GG, GSC, Deathstar, kosher Kush, SFV, SFV Kush, Silver back.

Room 1: is a little room where we grow them from seed and LST and top for 4 weeks under CFL lights that we made from a board and a bathroom 5 light holder(whatever it is lol) that has 3 splicers and hold 6 CFL 60w light, then once they are big enough, they are mover down to the lower level and go under a 600w LED light.

Room 2: The big room where we hold 24 plants under 3 HPS 1000w lights, the plants are then transplanted into 7 pound pots and LST'ed for about 3 more weeks and then flipped into flower.

Room 3: is well where all the clones are put into a Root Rite and then put into a Hydro tub. completely experimenting with Hydro at this point. i have the clones under CFL's and in a root rite. when they are big enough and have enough roots i transplant them into the new tub i made. I also have them under a 600w LED light.

well thanks for reading and hope to here and see what this site is all about.
-Devilmac87

Great Devilmac87, fellow Michigander here also. Welcome to 420, and happy growing my friend!!..✌️

Great choice with the 1000 hps. I used to have 1 room with a 1000wt and another with a 600wt both HPS. While the 600 is supposed to the more value per dollar of power. It just can't keep up with the 1000wt. Now I run 2 1000s you will be so much happier with the density and production from the bigger lights. Good luck with everything.

Great choice with the 1000 hps. I used to have 1 room with a 1000wt and another with a 600wt both HPS. While the 600 is supposed to the more value per dollar of power. It just can't keep up with the 1000wt. Now I run 2 1000s you will be so much happier with the density and production from the bigger lights. Good luck with everything.

Thanks for the information. The heat is the only problem we have at the moment

Yeah heat is a problem here. I went with 2 crops grown in the fall, winter, and spring. I know most people don't have the room to do this. I lost 3 diesel crosses this last grow because I was a month off with finish time. Bud mold got me with all the heat. These were the only plants I have ever lost. With a few extra plants with each grow I have enough to last through the dry spell.

Yeah heat is a problem here. I went with 2 crops grown in the fall, winter, and spring. I know most people don't have the room to do this. I lost 3 diesel crosses this last grow because I was a month off with finish time. Bud mold got me with all the heat. These were the only plants I have ever lost. With a few extra plants with each grow I have enough to last through the dry spell.

what kind of set up do you have?

420-magazine-mobile1209397502.jpg

Just a update

Welcome to the site. I am in pretty much the exact same situation. I am a disabled vet(Army) that got tired of all the pills the VA was trying to get me to use so I am just starting out on growing my own meds too. It's great you have some other vets to go through your growing experience with. Hopefully one day the VA will be able to prescribe and provide MMJ to vets that need it instead of a bunch of anti-depression pills which seem like their answer to pain, insomnia and just about everything else a vet needs to deal with.

Welcome to the site. I am in pretty much the exact same situation. I am a disabled vet(Army) that got tired of all the pills the VA was trying to get me to use so I am just starting out on growing my own meds too. It's great you have some other vets to go through your growing experience with. Hopefully one day the VA will be able to prescribe and provide MMJ to vets that need it instead of a bunch of anti-depression pills which seem like their answer to pain, insomnia and just about everything else a vet needs to deal with.

I feel you, one day they will... once sessions is gone lol.... post some pictures of your room

420-magazine-mobile532086046.jpg

Update: been a long week
Ph has been going up and down.
Room temperature is always good around 76 at the highest.
Going to change out the water today

Back
Top Bottom