Sir Smoke a lot

Sir smoke alo

Please can anyone help me please with popping seeds been smoking for over 20 yrs now I have M S and Parkinson's growing I don't have a problem but I just can not get my seeds to pop and I have tried everything you can think of but still no success please please help running low need to get seed going before I totally run out please help

Hi, Sir smoke alo, and welcome to 420Magazine.com.

Please can anyone help me please with popping seeds

There's a stickied thread in the How to Grow Marijuana area titled: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know , and in that is a Germination & Techniques section. You can search for that or just page down. It has links to 13 threads on the subject. That section is only about 1/5 of the way down, give or take - but it's a HUGE set of links overall, so there'd be a few pages to scroll ;) .

I've used most methods that could be deemed to be sensible ones, and - if you count the time I forgot they were in the oven and turned it on to preheat, lol - at least that couldn't be. They all seemed to work (when using viable, undamaged seeds, of course). Generally, these days, I just drop one into each plastic cup and pour a couple inches of water in. Sometimes I let the water sit in an open container first to allow time for it to dechlorinate. Sometimes I'll add a small amount of consumer-grade H₂O₂ (hydrogen peroxide). Sometimes I'll remember to (or... bother to) place the cup in a reasonably warm place if it's cold in here, like the oven in the Winter time where the pilot light keeps it warmer than ambient. But mainly I just stick the cup somewhere dark. I wait for the seed case to split and a tiny rootlet to emerge. The seed tends to sink as it absorbs water, but surface tension may hold it up. If I check on it and it's still floating, I might tap it with a fingertip to see if it sinks. I don't suppose it matters overmuch. If I haven't seen the root tip emerge within 18-24 hours, I'll pour it and its water back and forth to/from another cup several times at a height that causes some aeration to occur. Or I'll add a little H₂O₂. Or more water. Or... nothing. But I usually try to add a little oxygen to the water from time to time if the seed ends up being in the water very long.

When I see a rootlet, I plant the thing. That's about it.

That's just how I (usually) do it. It's what works for ME. A different method might work better for you. I like it because I know I'm not planting a dud. I'm also less likely to think I'm planting a dud and end up double-planting in a container, because I tend to give it more time to sprout if I know it has germinated. It shortens the time between planting and sprouting.

I have M S and Parkinson’s

In addition to "the usual" growing/etc. areas, we also have a couple specific to Multiple Sclerosis:
Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple Sclerosis

and one specific to Parkinson's Disease:
Parkinson's Disease

I just can not get my seeds to pop and I have tried everything you can think of but still no success

Are they not germinating, or just not sprouting from whatever medium you're planting them in? Are they old seeds? Do they look damaged in any way (split/cracked, crushed, broken, hollow, et cetera)? If they are not reasonably fresh, have they been stored badly?

Back
Top Bottom