Grandpa Tokin Grows

Hi all. I'm Grandpa Tokin and I'm a medical patient who grows his own dank. This is not my first rodeo but I don't consider myself an expert by any means. I was a member of another forum for a long time but they went tits-up. My goal here is real simple; share my knowledge, my grows, and make new friends along the way.

My garden is small and it's just been cleaned and reset. Since I only grow for myself it's pretty easy to manage. I've been growing regularly for about 4 years. About 2 years ago I made the switch to DWC and just fell in love. Here's a picture of my veg room. I use LED T5 lights and they seem to do very well. The lady on the right is my cut of GG4 and the other two are Amherst Sour Diesel from Humbolt. All three from clone, but I'll probably be starting some new seeds very soon. I completely cleared my veg except for these two strains over the summer (I normally don't flower in the hot months since I don't have AC).

Here's what's in the buckets for veg: RO water at ppm of 0; 4 ml/gal calmag; 3 ml/gal of BPN (Blue Planet Nutrients) Grow, Micro, and Bloom each; and 2 ml/gal of Hydroguard. That's it! They love it!

A862D8AC-9CAB-4D35-91A1-577DAD1EB3BA.jpeg

View image in gallery

My flower room is being reset as well. I just built a DIY 2-bucket undercurrent RDWC. It should be finished and ready in the next few weeks. I may try a journal, but sometimes that gets to be a hassle for an old dude. I'll definitely share pictures. Here's what my flower room looks like at the moment.

Well, that's about it for now. Oh, except I like to squeeze my own rosin too! Enjoy!

Very nice, Grandpa! :welcome:

My own DIY udwc is almost finished, just waiting for a pump housing that I got too aggressive with. :thedoubletake:

What press do you use for the rosin?

Very nice, Grandpa! :welcome:

My own DIY udwc is almost finished, just waiting for a pump housing that I got too aggressive with. :thedoubletake:

What press do you use for the rosin?

Thanks Ian! I made my own press plates pretty much following greenjeans tutorial. I’m using a 20 ton press and it works well.

Using high quality bud, what do you reckon your bud:rosin ratio is? What temp do you press?

Using high quality bud, what do you reckon your bud:rosin ratio is? What temp do you press?

I’m getting ~16-21% returns, with a second squeeze added in, sometimes a little more, but that’s a good average. I’m getting better at it naturally, the more I practice. I’ve been pressing at 230 F according to my PID. That seems to be a good temp. I’m happy with the return and I’m especially happy that I don’t have to cook Everclear any more.

:drool: Awesome rig! I was wondering what press you were using.

I gotta get me one of them . . .

Ian

Hey Grandpa

You should head over to the Grow Room. Start a Journal or help in some of the other forums. You obviously have some grow knowledge & everybody is always appreciative of advice. I like your simple udwc & I am sure many others would too. There is even an extended thread on Rosin Pressing that would really appreciate your pressing knowledge . . .

Ian

Hey Grandpa

You should head over to the Grow Room. Start a Journal or help in some of the other forums. You obviously have some grow knowledge & everybody is always appreciative of advice. I like your simple udwc & I am sure many others would too. There is even an extended thread on Rosin Pressing that would really appreciate your pressing knowledge . . .

Ian

I agree. Okay, I’ll give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom