New to here and to LEDs

Ripe1

Hey Gals and Guys! What a great community! I have spent the last 2 weeks reading as many of your posts in my spare time and what great info! I did a greenhouse grow last summer and learned a lot. I wish I had stumbled on here first. It was too hot, I relied on a friend for clones that didn't get to me until July and to top that off across the street is a bright Motel sign that made her go Hermie! It was a fun filled summer packed full of lessons. I'm now going to a 4x4x6.5 tent with a 750W LED (Can't mention as they aren't sponsoring this site) and a 4" inline fan (Also can't mention as they aren't sponsoring this site). I am noticing most LED tents aren't using an AC and was wondering if that is wise or just the norm? Any and all other advice for this type of setup is welcome. Thank You in advance for your kindness. I must say I am impressed with how little abuse I have read on here! May we all grow nice, fat and Ripe Flowers!

Welcome Ripe1 :welcome:

It certainly sounds like you had your share of problems on that grow! To answer your question, I believe that some do have to use AC and/or dehumidifiers due to local climate. Ask for opinions in the FAQ > Ask Us Anything - Sharing Knowledge 420Style thread. You should get some answers.

Good luck with your grow. Share a Grow Journal with us if you are so inclined.

Welcome Ripe1. You will probably just have to hook everything up and check your temps. That's a pretty high wattage LED for that size tent so you may run into issues. I have a 4x4x7 with a 550 W actual draw and it get to be about 90° in there without any A/C.... but, first I guess I should ask if it's 4x4x6.5 feet or meter....???

Welcome Ripe1. You will probably just have to hook everything up and check your temps. That's a pretty high wattage LED for that size tent so you may run into issues. I have a 4x4x7 with a 550 W actual draw and it get to be about 90° in there without any A/C.... but, first I guess I should ask if it's 4x4x6.5 feet or meter....???

I have two 5 by 5 by 7 I 4by 4 by 7 and some have led some have LED AND HID AND SOON TO HAVE A GOLIATH PERFECT SUN LED ITS 570 from the wall I am sure it will create hit because my 480 watt mars Hydro 192 creates a lot of heat . But I am a user of a/c or anything to create best environment I don't care cost it's most important factor

Welcome tho Ripe I hope you can bless us with a picture of your ladies or space soon to holding ladies best advice comes from pictures most of us do everything visually Bc we know how we would want things for example right now where I live is cold so instead of using a/c I have a inline fan ducted from the coldest room in the warehouse and now room is 70 Lights off and 81 Lights on with a 315 w LEC and mars reflector 192 and light is air cooled but not being used

Thanks Ian, I did! It was a wreck yet, so fun still. At harvest there was no aroma, the flowers were so airy that I just have to laugh. No taste, haha...wow. Being ignorant is hard!

No aroma and no taste . . . I guess you can only improve, right? ;)

Have no fear, you will be able to laugh at me shortly when I finally get my grow functional. In the meantime, enjoy 420 - who knew learning something could be so much fun?

JoDaddy77, I am speaking in feet. I went with that light because it seems as though you can dial it up or down and vary the colors between white, red and blue in any combination. However it is not purchased yet so if that is going to be too much, I'd like to know. The coverage seems to be less than the tent, something like a 4x3 is what the manufacturer claims. It pulls 330W at the wall. PAR readings from a user show about the same results as manufacturer, Set up @18" above, PAR reads 937 in the middle and as low as 95 at two feet to the diagonal. @24" above it was like 590 in the Center and as low as 25 on the edges. Obviously not a big indicator on heat discharge. Perhaps I shouldn't make decisions based on coverage?

I shall Bignugz! The tent, light and fan/filter are sort of products of and based on research and budget. It is cold here as well and I have a window that I could suck cold air in if necessary. I am also upstairs with it so the summer will certainly require an A/C. It's the freaking Tundra here until May, then we head straight for Dante's Inferno!

JoDaddy77, I am speaking in feet. I went with that light because it seems as though you can dial it up or down and vary the colors between white, red and blue in any combination. However it is not purchased yet so if that is going to be too much, I'd like to know. The coverage seems to be less than the tent, something like a 4x3 is what the manufacturer claims. It pulls 330W at the wall. PAR readings from a user show about the same results as manufacturer, Set up @18" above, PAR reads 937 in the middle and as low as 95 at two feet to the diagonal. @24" above it was like 590 in the Center and as low as 25 on the edges. Obviously not a big indicator on heat discharge. Perhaps I shouldn't make decisions based on coverage?
I only have experience in my tent and light, I'm still a newb. I bought a California Light Works Solar System LED 550. I use it in my 4x4x7 ft tent. It was very expensive, but the light IMO, is the biggest investment. I spent over like $800 I think. It comes with a controller that can program seasons, light range, you can program sunrise,high noon , evening the whole shebang. And, a lifetime warranty from a reputable manufacturer right here in the states. I can personally vouch they stand by there product. They sent me a new controller when they made an upgrade to the old one for free. Anywho, I sound like a sales rep now, lol. My light coverage is 5x5 in a 4x4 tent. With that being said, I can't speak for how any other lights would produce heat and other variance. If you haven't purchased your light yet my advice would be research and check online reviews and research some more and get the very best you can with the $$ you can get. You can learn everything else from these fine folks on here. Good luck with grow and I'm gonna stay tuned and enjoy the show.

I only have experience in my tent and light, I'm still a newb. I bought a California Light Works Solar System LED 550. I use it in my 4x4x7 ft tent. It was very expensive, but the light IMO, is the biggest investment. I spent over like $800 I think. It comes with a controller that can program seasons, light range, you can program sunrise,high noon , evening the whole shebang. And, a lifetime warranty from a reputable manufacturer right here in the states. I can personally vouch they stand by there product. They sent me a new controller when they made an upgrade to the old one for free. Anywho, I sound like a sales rep now, lol. My light coverage is 5x5 in a 4x4 tent. With that being said, I can't speak for how any other lights would produce heat and other variance. If you haven't purchased your light yet my advice would be research and check online reviews and research some more and get the very best you can with the $$ you can get. You can learn everything else from these fine folks on here. Good luck with grow and I'm gonna stay tuned and enjoy the show.

That's a hell of a light I would love one I want the one with the T-5 in it so it has lots of UV A and B

That's a pretty high wattage LED for that size tent so you may run into issues.
You were totally right JoeDaddy! After killing 1/5 with the light, 2 others were burned/bleached. I had to move the ladies to the parameter and still cut a piece of shade cloth to stop the bleaching. Due to a couple other mishaps I am down to 1 of 5 plants now so I'll be starting a new batch next week...AFTER...I orfer a small CFL and a Seedling Mat.

Back
Top Bottom