High All!

SheGrows03

High Everyone!

Let's get the usual questions answered off the hop, I'm Jen, 26 and from Alberta Canada.
Started using cannabis recreationally until my eyes were opened to the unlimited positive medicinal effects it has.

Spinal surgery on my neck led me to look into cannabis as medicine. They sure love to push the oxy and Percocet(which I'll have nothing to do with). But that's a subject for a different day.

I suppose what I'm trying to spit out, is that I'm new to growing, not so much new to cannabis itself. I'm currently 7weeks into flowering my first plant "Jeff".

Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge, sarcastic humour and incredible individuals this place holds!

If you're still with me, High! And nice to meet cha! Stay lifted and Happy Growing Friends!

High Everyone!

High SheGrows03 :welcome:

You are amongst friends here. Poke around the site & enjoy. You may want to check out the Grow Room & if you are so inclined, you can post a Grow Journal. This is where you show off a bit, have a chance to win contests & get lots of advice from our growing members.

Thanks for joining. :smokin:

Ian

Welcome sister, not very often that I get a chance to say that lol!

Let me start off by saying that you've screwed up right off the bat and named one of your plants after a male..... The last thing you want. In your grow room lol.

So tell us what you're up to, what have you got on the go?

Welcome sister, not very often that I get a chance to say that lol!

Let me start off by saying that you've screwed up right off the bat and named one of your plants after a male..... The last thing you want. In your grow room lol.

So tell us what you're up to, what have you got on the go?

Well I certainly appreciate the warm welcome!

Funny story about "Jeff".
When I first planted "him", I had all my veggie seedlings in a starter dome and had all the little pods labelled(minus the mystery seed). I had gone to do some laundry downstairs and when I returned upstairs I looked at my dome and noticed a new label.... JEFF.... in the middle of my veggies -♀️. Needless to say, someone in my household decided it wasn't fair for the mystery seed to be nameless....

A little more about my little confused Jeff.

Cheese strain
(Afghan Kush x Super Skunk)
Was veg from June to September 3.
Had a slight incident and was decappitated by the light fixture about 3 weeks before flowering. So he suffered a bit there.
Grown in miracle grow seedling starter, Transplanted with cow shit to a bigger pot and transplanted once more (bigger yet) with pro mix.
I haven't used a single fert or added nutrient.
And lots of water!

So far, aside from his little incident, it's doing well I think?
420-magazine-mobile2098061465.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1685235748.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1903716127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1279873373.jpg

Jeff looks like he/she/it is doing very well. :thumb:

Ian
Agreed Ian, I find it amazing how some plants do incredibly well in Miracle Gro products and some plants just don't like it at all.

Looking fantastic!

Jeff looks like he/she/it is doing very well. :thumb:

Ian

Thank-you! I'm fairly impressed being my first kick at the cat.

Keeping in mind my entire set up was under $25.
All wood was scraps that I measured and cut WITH A DREMEL TOOL, due to me being stubborn and not wanting to wait to use proper tools. The light is from my veggie grow box that I was gifted a few years ago. Mix and match screws from around the house and some tin foil wrapped poster boards.

I honestly was expecting it to die after the decapitation... turns out instead of one main stem, the injury caused Jeff to grow 3.

My space is small and I had been told to "train" the branches, I've done so by using metal dice taped to paper clips. Seems to be enough to weigh the branches down without any damage.

I'm very curious as to how much I'll end up with. I don't have high expectations (my guess is 1/4-1/2oz cured). But at this point who freekin' knows!

I feel like I'm much too late for a grow journal at this point, but once I harvest Jeff and begin new seeds I will absolutely journal my second adventure.

You know what, great effort and next time you have some amazing hands-on experience to make your grow better. If it were a budget thing, I would see about purchasing a small blurple LED off Kijiji or something and your grow experience will explode.

Just remember that environment is the key, lighting is one thing but you also need to have air circulation.

All wood was scraps that I measured and cut WITH A DREMEL TOOL, due to me being stubborn and not wanting to wait to use proper tools.

Respect. You can wear your DIY Expert Badge with honor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Ian

You know what, great effort and next time you have some amazing hands-on experience to make your grow better. If it were a budget thing, I would see about purchasing a small blurple LED off Kijiji or something and your grow experience will explode.

Just remember that environment is the key, lighting is one thing but you also need to have air circulation.

Thanks a bunch! It was more or less me being stubborn (yet again) and not wanting to invest in something I had zero experience with. My fiancé always teases me for being so cheap, guess he won't be teasing when there is free cannabis to be consumed! Found the seed and figured what the hell, off on my first grow.

Jeff is growing in the spare room, there's a fan on during his light hours. Haven't had an issue with temperature or pests (thank jeebuz). But In the future (next grow after Christmas), I'll be investing a small amount in some new gear.

So far the only issues are as follows:

Nearly drown Jeff as a seedling, ended up with yellowing deathly leaves and he had some serious droopage.

Not enough light, 100% need more/better light

Food, I think with proper nutrients my yield would be a lot more.

Lower buds seem "stunted". Even with weighing the bigger branches down it seems the larger leaves kind of take over.... curious about defoliating (I will read more about this).

Over all, for my first go with minimal "gear" and a jimmy rigged box, I'm pretty happy with myself. Looking forward to enjoying Jeff once he's ready for beheading.

Thank you Gentlemen for your words of wisdom and encouragement! This journey is endless and I'm pleased to have some Gems of individuals with me on my way!

You're quite welcome and as you read more most of those questions will just become part of your knowledge base. Welcome to an awesome Hobby, keep us informed let us know how it goes..... if you have any questions please don't hesitate.

You're quite welcome and as you read more most of those questions will just become part of your knowledge base. Welcome to an awesome Hobby, keep us informed let us know how it goes..... if you have any questions please don't hesitate.

420-magazine-mobile1581293167.jpg

Here Jeff is, in his small but mighty(hoping) harvest. I just harvested him this evening, first of all I learned gloves are a must, everything is sticky! But he's somewhat trimmed up(only trimmed to where the "sugar" ended on the little bitty leaves, I'll do a better trim job once they're dry before I cure it.

Overall, for my first DIY throw together "closet" grow. I'm fairly happy. I imagine it'll probably end up around a half oz maybe a bit more once dry. But we'll see!

Stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom