Been lurking for a while

SamSmith

I have been on here lurking for a while so I thought I better introduce myself. I am in the over 50 crowd. I have had some health issues that brought me back to using cannabis. I am not a fan of the black market for a lot of reasons so I decided to grow. I have all my stuff and am going to start this week.

The site looks great. There is a lot of good information here and the people seem knowledgeable.

First grow will be in a 4X4X6.5 tent under a mars hydro Epistar Pro II 320 using coco coir as a medium with Foxfarm nutrient program. Starting from Nirvana seeds. Not sure which to play with out of Northern lights, Jock Horror, Amnesia haze, Sour diesel and AK 48.

Welcome. Jock Horror sounds good, how many plants you planning on doing? regards
This is where I am a little unsure. With the growth habits and flowering periods of the lot that I have I am trying to make up my mind. I Went to a legal state this year on vacation after I had gotten sick and got to experience different strains and their effects. I do have a preference for an uplifting more cerebral high of a sativa for the most part but I also suffer from insomnia (not the primary medical problem that I am treating). I can function and enjoy sativa hybrids I just can't do it before bed.

I am thinking of popping the 48 and the NL for their speed right out of the gate then going for the longer hybrids. 2 plants is all I really want to go but with what I have I could do four in the space. The downside to growing out too many plants is that the laws in my states can put you in a bad place with too much weight. I don't need much product as an ounce can last me 6 months.

4 sounds good,space is always at a premium, then you could sample a couple more. Night Queen by Dutch Passion would say good night Insomnia, i gave some to friends and they reported they fell asleep after lol. There so many variety's it`s wonderful. cheers for update. regards

I am in the over 50 crowd. I have had some health issues that brought me back to using cannabis.

Welcome SamSmith :welcome:

I am in the same crowd . . . well . . . maybe over 60 . . . :icon_roll

Jump in & enjoy.

Ian

I do have a preference for an uplifting more cerebral high of a sativa for the most part but I also suffer from insomnia (not the primary medical problem that I am treating). I can function and enjoy sativa hybrids I just can't do it before bed.

I find that layering strains can work. For example, if I want pain relief + energy, I will start with a sativa dominant for the energy & 20 minutes later I will have some pink kush to deal with any discomfort I still have.

Ian

I have a low tolerance at this point. I smoked a lot 25-30 years ago but nothing until recently. I think layering might lay me out..... I like the full functioning effect of a good hybrid. I have been smoking Train Wreck for a little while. I have seeds for the Wreck from green house seeds but I have heard that it is tough to grow so I am going to hold off on that one for a later date.

Go for the easy grow imho. That's what I am doing with my Bombs. NL and/or AK (like you were thinking) sound good & they have the traits you want potentially. The only difficulty with 2 different strains is that you may have to stagger the harvest.

Ian

AK47 Is p1ssing me off

I have been on here lurking for a while so I thought I better introduce myself. I am in the over 50 crowd. I have had some health issues that brought me back to using cannabis. I am not a fan of the black market for a lot of reasons so I decided to grow. I have all my stuff and am going to start this week.

The site looks great. There is a lot of good information here and the people seem knowledgeable.

First grow will be in a 4X4X6.5 tent under a mars hydro Epistar Pro II 320 using coco coir as a medium with Foxfarm nutrient program. Starting from Nirvana seeds. Not sure which to play with out of Northern lights, Jock Horror, Amnesia haze, Sour diesel and AK 48.

Hi Guys
I am a more senior subscriber to the cause. I took it up when I was growing bum fluff on my chin and never looked back. I recently turned 60 I was stirred into action to beginagin. I was told many years ago by some dude he said 'Why drink and drive when you can smoke weed and fly?' The technology had changed a lot since fluorescent lighting was the light source and the airing cupboard was the incubator. I now have a dedicated zone with some real fancy lights and foil faced walls and a hydroponic set up. It was all new and as yet used to help me breed some of my babies and a fancy pump that sucks up water and blows it down a slope to re-enter the reservoir. The water is de-ionized and warmed up before it enters the reservoir and nutrients by Ionic. I mix the nutrient and rewarm it to just above 65o C and allow it to cool to the exact temperature of 65oC as was suggested by a fellow grower. I germinate the seeds in a soil medium of Perlite mixed with a handful of 10 mm stone that has been sterilized in bleach overnight flushed out and left to dry on a low flame cooker ring. I mix it up and pot it. Next I open the sterilized delivery package and sing a little lullaby as I plop it i9nto a small hole created with a 'dibber' I sit it on a south facing window sill and when it wakes up I gently dig out the root, plant and place in my hydroponic. I sing another lullaby and leave it to grow. However that bit still has not happened .
It gets to around 150mm and the leaves turn yellow and it lays down and dies. I am getting really pissed of with it.
I dont sell my weed or let anyone know (except my wife which is unavoidable) She hasn't accepted I am planning to grow show stopping tomato's. She simply accepts its my new found hobby and stops interrogating me.
I suffer badly from Arthritis and I am medically retied I cant walk unaided and then it's just 25-39 feet at any time. I have a disabled scooter which isn't much cop as a getaway car but I get where I'm going. A few years back I worked on a project building very highly insulated homes for the Mesquaki tribe. One of the guys worked for me and his Mum is a tribal elder and she made up a natural remedy for pain. It tasted like shit but it worked well. I never got the recipe and am pissed that I didn't. The o0nly way I have of relieving the pain is growing my own pain relief and then I can walk 50-70 feet. You got to believe how good that feels. So far I have not been successful so I need some quality input from a site like this with a plethora of good knowledge. Can any one here help me out?

I look forward to your information

Re: AK47 Is p1ssing me off

I am a more senior subscriber to the cause.

You are not the only person of 'advanced age' here. :cheer:

It gets to around 150mm and the leaves turn yellow and it lays down and dies. I am getting really pissed of with it.

That is very understandable. Why don't you head over to The Grow Room. Specifically you can post in our Frequently Asked Questions > Ask Us Anything - Sharing Knowledge 420Style thread.

Assuming your room & water temp & lights are as they should be, it sounds like nutrients - either too much or too little. But please migrate to that thread & we can start to help you grow some meds.

Ian

Hello SamSmith,

Greeting from The Hammer :welcome:

I am inclined to advise you to plant the Train Wrecks. I am not a good grower (yet) but when things were going south this spring I decided to buy more seeds and plant them. I figured it was better to dive in than wait 3 months until we were going to start the summer grow. It was a good decision. The 2 plants netted a few ounces of dried flower. I don't know about your seeds but the Crop King seeds are AUTOS and I didn't kill them! It helped get my confidence back.

Here is the Crop King link

Buy Train Wreck Auto Flowering Feminized Marijuana Seeds Now

If you are using TW and it helps, I'd be sure to put it into the grow.

Peace. :peace:

Thanks for the advice. I already have the grow started. I went with the AK48, NL and Jock Horror for the first time as they all flower quickly, mature at about 8-10 weeks, and I think I can manage the grow. The Jock will give me a taste of growing a sativa dominate hybrid in preparation for the Trainwreck. I am going to SCROG and train the heck out of it to try to learn before filling a tent full of Sativa and have it get out of control.

I appreciate the link. I already have the Trainwreck seeds in my possession now from Green House Seed and will start vegging them well before the others are done. I will probably clone them first so I can keep them low and hopefully get a better yield.

Back
Top Bottom