First tentative step

OffTheRadar

420 Member
I've been a grower for 30 years; I lived by the credo 'Loose lips sink ships'. In all those years, only my partner knew I grew. I was totally underground. Long-lived paranoia does not abate easily. I still live by that credo in a counrty hostile to this activity; so paranoia still serves. It's hard to come to the surface to write these words. To stay safe, I must continue to fly off the radar.

I am grateful for all the words of encouragement that are shared, the tutorials, advice and civil debates that are posted. I have learned so much. But only recently have I discovered the dramatic changes which have occurred in the past 10 years. I am still in the dark ages.

SweetSue, we share a parallel path. I will try the oil.

For now, I ask if there is a good vape for dry herb that can be recommended? The choices are overwhelming as is all the explosive growth in this industry. I am an embryo looking in the window at wonderland. Be thankful for your freedom.

Welcome OffTheRadar :welcome:

We like anonymity here because many members still suffer from prohibition.

For vapes, check out our reviews: Official Product Reviews or you can post an inquiry in Vaporizers. To find Sweet Sue, she usually hangs in Cannabis Oil forum.

Have a look around & ask if you need anything. We're a pretty friendly bunch.

Ian

Thank you for the welcome and the links. Prohibition is ike being in prison. You get accustomed to moving about in tiny parameters. When you're set free, the open space is very uncomfortable. But it does feel good to be welcomed. I'll check out the links which are much appreciated. The site is magnificently overwhelming so get lost (or distracted) when trying to ask a question and end up ever asking it.

I'm also struggling (historical issue) with gravity-drip-irrigation. Trying to find something called 'basket drippers' which I saw on YouTube They're like probes you push into the soil. I need something like that to be stable. Ever heard of them? I visit my garden daily and just want a simple drip system to keep a slow, even hydration for the plants so they don't dry out. If I search the net for 'basket drippers', I get outdoor hanging basket stuff and they're more like the nipple style dripper. Ever seen them or know what they're called?

It just so happens that we have a new sponsor that may be able to help.

Check out this link from Cannabis Irrigation Supply: Drippers

If you can't see what you want give them a call & tell them you found them on 420.

Ian

Big 420 welcome OffTheRadar! :welcome:

If you have trouble finding what you need, just ask. Many folks round here are super helpful .

As for vapes - yes the reviews section is good too, but I'll just throw in here that I absolutely love my Arizer Solo. It's dry herb only and totally the best thing I've ever done regarding my Cannabis use. The new model (Solo II) allows degree accurate temp settings. Arizer is a sponsor here too. The big plus for me with the Solo is the clean Vapour pathway, st.steel and glass only. Flavours are great!

Enjoy your time on 420mag - you picked a great place to begin your journey out of the Cannabis closet ;).

schoolofhardnugs. It's a fairly boring video clip, but when he got to the basket dripper I knew that's what I'd been looking for. I sent them a msg yesterday. I'll try Ian's suggestion later today. It's great to have some options, thanks much.

Wow, Amy! Am window shopping in wonderland. Until a week ago, I'd never heard of such a thing. I've still not grasped how it works but am sure looking forward to finding out. I can get one in my country, too, which is very cool. This really looks like the Great Kahuna. I'll let you know. Much appreciated.

Welcome OffTheRadar!

FP, from Canada.

If you are talking vapourizers, they heat the air which passes through the cannabis and delivers the goods to the user without all that nasty burning. Way healthier. Of course, you don't get big clouds of smoke with flower. That is a bit of an adjustment. On the plus side, it doesn't smell as strong as a pipe or joint. More stealthy.

Peace. :peace:

I was curious about the smoke, 'FPunk', thanks for that. My research tells me that the vapes heat at lower temp to turn it into a vaporous gas instead of smoke, although it still looks like smoke sort of (in the same way as e-cigarettes which I've never been exposed to). I was also curious if the odour was reduced so appreciate that input also.

The one thing I've not established yet is if it's less harsh than a regular pipe. Does it make you cough? I've got my eye on the Arizer II that Amy Gardner suggested but just need a bit more info before investing.

There's some entertaining review videos on the Solo vapes. Some are more helpful than others but it doesn't take long to check them out. There'd be vids of many other brands as well. I found the review articles and vids helpful for getting started with how to use it. Each vaping device has its own quirks and style.

As to harshness, hardly any. But it will depend on temps. Once you get to 390F, I think, you start to burn it. I keep my temps fairly moderate. It does not make me cough at all. There is just a little heat (less heat hits your throat the slower you draw).

And aroma wise, well all I can say is I can now consume inside the house - with absolutely no impact at all. The vapor can be fun like smoke but dissipates fully and quickly. Vaping tastes and smells kind of like when you open a bag of buds, smell it and think 'I wish it tasted just like that smell when I smoked it...' - vaping does taste like that .

There's a thread or 2 around here about vapes I think. You could peruse there too...

Keep in mind the Solo and Solo II are dry herb only. I like the semi portable-ness (suitcase portable, not pocket portable). If i was thinking a desktop vape, or needed to cater for more people, I'd get the Arizer Extreme Q.

Good luck hunting and shopping

Welcome to the 420 family! I have the Storz and Bickel Mighty dry herb vape. It does both herb and liquid but I have no experience with liquids. It is fairly large (2 batteries instead of 1) but still fits in my pocket. Battery life is pretty good(45-60 minutes of use). I chose this one because I thought it was the closest to a home unit that a portable can get. It can be used while charging, even if completely dead.

Here is a link to a thread where members have reviewed their favorite vapes.
What's your fav vaporizer?

Again, welcome to the site! Happy Growing!

Would love to ask you some questions about the Arizer Solo II (I want to give Santa my wish list). Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you'll see this and I can't yet send a visitor message. I'm not hugely successful navigating 420 yet.
Cheers, Amy Gardner. Hope you see this.

Would love to ask you some questions about the Arizer Solo II (I want to give Santa my wish list). Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you'll see this and I can't yet send a visitor message. I'm not hugely successful navigating 420 yet.
Cheers, Amy Gardner. Hope you see this.

I'm around .

When you reply to a thread the forum automatically subscribes you and then replies appear in your 'notifications'. Also, if you want someone in particular a good way is to quote their message like I have here - that pops up a notification to them as well.

Ask away!

Ahhh-HAAAAH! So that's what the 'reply with quote is'?!? You're a star, Amy Gardner.

I've decided to ask Santa (and she will comply) for the Arizer II. It's super expensive over here, nearly $270, but I have the feeling it's going to be good. I'd like to know:
1. How easy it is to clean?
2. How often you have to clean it (I leave my wooden pipes far too long)?
3. What tools you use (doesn't look like a pipe cleaner will do the trick)?
4. Am I correct that you can use oil as well as herb?
5. I'm hoping it will not make me cough so much. Has it been your experience that it's less harsh?

Thanks again for the tip
OTR

"people forget what you say or do; they never forget how you make them feel"
Maya Angelou

oops
I’m around .

When you reply to a thread the forum automatically subscribes you and then replies appear in your ‘notifications’. Also, if you want someone in particular a good way is to quote their message like I have here - that pops up a notification to them as well.

Ask away!

Back
Top Bottom