Intro and Aquaponics

Draake

Hey guys my first post here.

I'm looking to help a buddy setup a growing facility. Looking for some advice on growing the Aquaponics route.

So many people use hydroponics and have to mess with chemicals and water parameters.

Using fish tanks you reduce a large amount of water quality issues and plants grow much larger.

Anyone have any advice?

Draake

I have been big into freshwater aquaculture ( freshwater fish tanks) for years. I have always used underwater plants in my tank and just got into using out of water plants to quickly suck up the excess nutrients in the water too reduce water changes. I find that the rate of growth of the plants I have hanging on the back of my tank EXPLODED with growth!

I have always been told to use the water from my water changes to water the garden with because of the high levels of nutrients. I did some research and found that plants grown in aquarium water grow twice as quickly as soil...

A buddy of mine is opening a growing facility and asked me to get him some small scale tests.

Has anyone tried this before? I can only find a few instances where the two have been blended and the people were not up to speed on either growing out maintaining fish.

I have a 55 gallon tank with a large bio load to accommodate output of sustainable essential nutrients and a 6 gallon planter on an overflow system from the tank that has its own dedicated grow light.

Here are some photos of my setup...
10a15507acf7e020b126acea71c6c746.jpg
ee3e97ea1da38b273b64db53e6b5d1e6.jpg
896ac46b8d4fe2cef00a98f0a6a3abb8.jpg
6443393208c511e6b08862f4d182ee52.jpg
60708cceb57a3aa0c6d3600f60f874ad.jpg

Welcome Draake :welcome:

You might want to drift over to the Hydroponic Gardening forum. Their are a lot of cool ways to grow hydroponically and your knowledge and tricks might really help some members. And they can teach you how to grow cannabis in hydro.

Ian

You might want to drift over to the Hydroponic Gardening forum. Their are a lot of cool ways to grow hydroponically and your knowledge and tricks might really help some members. And they can teach you how to grow cannabis in hydro.

Ian
I've read a handful of posts on there last night and look forward to learning about more efficient ways to grow without adding any external chemicals or additives.

One of the forms I tried to post and told me I did not have the permissions to do so. I'll try to figure it out. =)

Ian
Also more than happy to give any advice where I can to help others if you're looking blend fishkeeping and growing cannabis.

I've been growing for quite some years and I've heard people talk about aquaponics but have never seen anyone actually do it. So I'm very interested in following your grow and see what results you get from it

I've been growing for quite some years and I've heard people talk about aquaponics but have never seen anyone actually do it. So I'm very interested in following your grow and see what results you get from it
I'm currently growing pothos in my system.

It is hanging on the back of my tank and in the grow box in the system. I started with a few small clippings close to a month and a half ago. I have been propagating the plant quickly as possible and I can now make 4 to 5 full potted plants from all the pothos I have.

What plant closest resembles the nutrients needed for cannabis and growth pattern that is legal to grow?

I'm doing this on my house currently while we are building the facility.

Hello Draake, I have completed and am continuing to grow aquaponic cannabis.
I even have a thread on here of my first successful harvest of Critical Kush that tested at 23%.
Lots of people tried to tell me just to go hydro and it won't work. But prof is in the buds sir!
My inspiration and biggest resource has been Growing With Fishes podcast on YouTube.
If you'd like to get away from store bought bottles. Take a look at Korean natural farming methods. I am getting into it, Google Roberto's Brew Flower Power.
There are a bunch of great aquaponics growers on YouTube. Guys like Potent Ponics, APmeds, FishGanjaGuy, Aquaponic Dumme, BrayneGro.
Feel free to take a look at my thread.
Dual root zone pots are the way to amend the nutrients that are not provided by the fish or not necessarily good for the fish.
Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom