Newbie from Canada retired military

Bud052

Hey all New here and wanted to say hi, I will be starting a grow in Jan 2018 here is what I am doing any feedback would be great.

This is legal Medical Grow. My first online grow, first time trying scrog, and first time I am using Waterfarms which I have modified quit a bit. Here is the info:

What strain is it? 4 Plants (will I have room in a 4x4 tent?)
Acorn, also known as "Akorn" or "Snowbud," is an evenly balanced hybrid (50% indica/50% sativa) strain with unknown parentage due to a high level of breeder secrecy, although it is rumored to be a member of the OG Kush family. Acorn, or Snowbud, gets its name from its shapely nugs — they are lumpy and dense with a noticeably acornish shape and a thick coating of frosty milky white crystal trichomes. Each nug is dotted with bright fiery orange hairs that are coated with sweet sticky resin droplets. The Acorn high is one that is long-lasting with lazy effects that can leave you sleepy and couch-locked for hours on end with no hope of moving. The high starts with a happy lift that boosts your mood without affecting your energy level before lulling you into dreamy introspection and absolute laziness. With these nighttime effects and its powerful 25-26% average THC level, Acorn is the perfect choice for patients suffering from conditions such as chronic pain, appetite loss, insomnia, inflammation, and depression. Acorn has a sweet earthy flavor accented by a sharp kick of spicy hash and a skunky pungency upon exhale. The aroma is very sweet and herbal with earthy skunky hints and a touch of spicy hash and pepper.

Indoor grow

Outsunny 4x4x6.5 grow tent

MARSII 1200W LED for Veg and Bloom

Hydro grow with Expanded clay pellets soaked in PH water for 24hrs before placing in the 2 gallon growing chambers, Rockwell for seedling.

General Hydroponics GH4120 Waterfarm times 4 (not sure if I will make a controller/reservoir and link all 4 kits together I will update if I do)
I have made a couple of upgrades to the Waterfarm
1. drill more and larger holes in the bottom of the 2-gallon growing chamber
2. Adding a 4inch air stone in each 4-gallon reservoir. (as well as 2 air stones in the main controller/reservoir if I build one)
3. Upgraded to Hydrofarmair pump with 4 outlets times 2 one for the air stones and the other for the drip feed lines.
4. Made new drip rings for seedlings so they get direct feeding once plants are larger I will go back to stock rings.
5. reflective covers above Expanded clay pellets to prevent Algae growth.

Ventech VT IF6 t CF620 inline duct fan with Virgin Charcoal filter

RO water, (wife has a salt water tank so that makes it easy)
PH of media or res? 5.6
How often are you watering? leaving system on 24/7
Nuts. Flora Series Micro/Flora/Bloom with a bit of Epsom Salt. I will need a lot of elp with NUts having a bit of a hard time understanding this part.
Training: LST for sure maybe toping and lolipoping, and scrogg I will let my plants decide for me.

Feed back is always welcome I will be learning as I go and appreciated the community of great growers here

Glad to meet you Bud052 :welcome:

It sounds like you have been doing some reading. Your proposed setup is very well thought out. I am 30 days in with my first grow - an undercurrent DWC. I have had some hiccups but the plants are doing well mid-way through veg. I like my separate res outside the grow area for testing, adding nutes etc plus it adds more volume for greater stability (but higher chem costs).

Ian

I have been learking for quite awhile lol I think I will DYI a separate Res and find room outside of my tent. Not to worried about nut cost, release from military for bad back so res just makes sense all around. I am going over to check your grow now and see how it is going. Good luck with your grow.

Tent arrived today in the mail and light should be here today as well, I am excited to set everything up and will post some pics soon.

I am at 40 now so very close there will be a grow journal for sure, I set my tent/lights, inline fan and filter up last night.
the tent will not zipper all the way around, there are two bad spots were the zipper looks bent, not happy at all about that. It is only about 8 inches long where the two zippers should meet but don't so I will place a dark towel over the gap

I have also decided to grow two plants instead of four like my originally post, hoping it will give me more room to move in the tent.

so my 1200W MARS II came in the mail last night, it claims to have a 4'x4' coverage from 18" and to replace a 600w HPS we will see

I am at 40 now so very close there will be a grow journal for sure, I set my tent/lights, inline fan and filter up last night.
the tent will not zipper all the way around, there are two bad spots were the zipper looks bent, not happy at all about that. It is only about 8 inches long where the two zippers should meet but don't so I will place a dark towel over the gap

Well that's annoying. Are you going to get in touch with them about it? Other then that, things sound great! Moving along nicely :)

Back
Top Bottom