UK To USA For Work?

Ukbushbaby

What's up guys!? im new to the forum as you can probably tell lol.

I'm after some information that i cant seem to find on the web, im from the uk still currently living here, i want to know IF its possible nd HOW hard it is to get a job growing legal cannabis in the usa i.e colardo??
i dont know anyone from the usa so obviously would have nowhere to stay lol .

what would i need??

thanks in advance

I think there is a few sites out there, just search "Cannabis Jobs in US" or something along those lines and you should find those sites with listings (time I looked it was very limited job listings, so I'm guessing more of a hire folks that are friends/acquaintances of your current employees kind of thing than bringing in folks you don't know as even "legal growers" probably lean toward the "paranoid" side still). Far as how hard IMHO it's probably pretty tough as more of a "not what you know but who you know" kind of thing as "legal growing" is all new so not many folks going to have "verifiable previous experience" in the field. Not saying I think it is impossible but I would imagine it's pretty difficult to just jump into something like that. Starting up one's own operation takes tons of working capital and having to jump thru all the hoops of the rules/regulations/licensing fees/etc.. which makes that difficult/impossible, and supply and demand is becoming a problem as "legal" supply is higher than what is sold, so the prices are taking a dump to the point that many in the "black market" are no longer growing indoors as they can't sell that low (compete with the big boys) as no room for any profit. Jobs as say a "Budtender" in a Dispensary might be more of a possibility and maybe a way to work your way there by having "connections" down the road.

I think there is a few sites out there, just search "Cannabis Jobs in US" or something along those lines and you should find those sites with listings (time I looked it was very limited job listings, so I'm guessing more of a hire folks that are friends/acquaintances of your current employees kind of thing than bringing in folks you don't know as even "legal growers" probably lean toward the "paranoid" side still). Far as how hard IMHO it's probably pretty tough as more of a "not what you know but who you know" kind of thing as "legal growing" is all new so not many folks going to have "verifiable previous experience" in the field. Not saying I think it is impossible but I would imagine it's pretty difficult to just jump into something like that. Starting up one's own operation takes tons of working capital and having to jump thru all the hoops of the rules/regulations/licensing fees/etc.. which makes that difficult/impossible, and supply and demand is becoming a problem as "legal" supply is higher than what is sold, so the prices are taking a dump to the point that many in the "black market" are no longer growing indoors as they can't sell that low (compete with the big boys) as no room for any profit. Jobs as say a "Budtender" in a Dispensary might be more of a possibility and maybe a way to work your way there by having "connections" down the road.

thanks for the reply mate, i appreciate it.
I've searched far and wide and i can find the jobs but i need to know alot more, like i want to go over there for like 6 months of the year and come back to uk for 6 months every year as i have a family, i say that as i mean need to know what funds I'd need etc etc

I have no idea how the rules go far as being a foreigner and being able to work here goes (probably have to have a work permit of some sort to be legal, so probably lots of red tape to go thru). Imagine that would make it harder, as I'm sure someone looking to hire would want someone more permanent as I imagine most are year long and not a seasonal type job. As I'm guessing not a high demand for that kind of work still as not legal all that many places yet, and like I said one of those tough to get your foot in the door kind of jobs IMHO.

Agree it a who you know more than what you know. My plan to enter the industry is start growing. Grow a resume. Make contacts. Grow some more. Open shop.

If this is a serious thing that you are 10000% set on. I would just apply for a visa. Move on out to a NEWLY LEGALIZED state. No not in Cali or colorado where markets are flooded some were like Vermont. If you already have growing experience. Great! Rent a place and put down roots start making friends, and buy some herb. Get to know the black market, because those are the first people to form business.

If you have a good resume and some stellar grown weed from since you moved to your new home, it shouldn't be hard offer your services to a new grow op or dispensary.

Back
Top Bottom