Please help! Phantom pains

KimRen

Hi all!
I'm fairly new to using marijuana for pain. I have spoke to local shops and have been able to find some really great stuff for my personal pain. (Yay!!!!)
However, I'm writing for my dad. He had his leg amputated 9 years ago (due to an infection). He has suffered with extreme phantom pains ever sense. His doctors are at a loss on how to help him. I've tried to talk to him about medical marijuana in the past but he has been opposed. He is FINALLY willing to try something (yay again). Except, I have no idea where to start. Given his past opposion to it, I would like to make an educated decision on where to start. I'm afraid he wont do a lot of trial and error.
Any wisdom you could pass on would be greatly appreciated. TYIA

Welcome KimRen :welcome:

I can't help you with ideas for you Dad, but I will point some of our members to this thread & they can better help you (and him).

Ian

Also, I'm not an expert on the area but I can certainly send you into a thread where there are a few experts. Bio bombs are a very viable Choice, whether taken orally or as a suppository depending on how much of the effect of the active ingredients it is that you desire. Sweet Sue , Old Bear, Grow2healMe are all amazing sources for information on these types of issues.......hopefully this link works

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

Here's is Dave Groomers pain cream instructions too. I'll see if I can get him to jump in and discuss what he uses it for.

Dave Groomers Pain cream

"Infuse grape seed oil. I use 1g / oz of oil for bud and 3g /oz if using trim. Unless I am using fresh harvest, I decarb the bud for 110 minutes at 230f. I do it in am oven roasting bag to keep the smell to a minimum. Crush up and add to oil. Since this is a topical, NO lecithin is needed. I put it in a mason jar and cook in the oven for 4 hours @ 200f. Strain. There is you base.

I then take 1c of infused oil and add 100g of cosmetic grade soy wax. (I have a 50lb box for making candles.). I started using soy wax instead of beeswax because of allergy reasons in one of the people I was giving it to.. I put the oil and wax into the microwave for about 90 seconds (DO NOT do beeswax in the Microwave. For Beeswax, use a double boiler if you choose beeswax) It melts all the wax. Add 20 drops of your favorite essential oil (we use a lot of lavender.) mix well and pour into jars. 1c of oil with 100g of wax will make three 4oz jars. I use the small mason jars. They are cheap and work great. I buy them by the case. After you pour it, it will take 1/2 and hour or so to set. Put it in the fridge."

Here's is Dave Groomers pain cream instructions too. I'll see if I can get him to jump in and discuss what he uses it for.

Dave Groomers Pain cream

"Infuse grape seed oil. I use 1g / oz of oil for bud and 3g /oz if using trim. Unless I am using fresh harvest, I decarb the bud for 110 minutes at 230f. I do it in am oven roasting bag to keep the smell to a minimum. Crush up and add to oil. Since this is a topical, NO lecithin is needed. I put it in a mason jar and cook in the oven for 4 hours @ 200f. Strain. There is you base.

I then take 1c of infused oil and add 100g of cosmetic grade soy wax. (I have a 50lb box for making candles.). I started using soy wax instead of beeswax because of allergy reasons in one of the people I was giving it to.. I put the oil and wax into the microwave for about 90 seconds (DO NOT do beeswax in the Microwave. For Beeswax, use a double boiler if you choose beeswax) It melts all the wax. Add 20 drops of your favorite essential oil (we use a lot of lavender.) mix well and pour into jars. 1c of oil with 100g of wax will make three 4oz jars. I use the small mason jars. They are cheap and work great. I buy them by the case. After you pour it, it will take 1/2 and hour or so to set. Put it in the fridge."

I am not sure how much help the cream would be against phantom pain. No CB receptors in the nonexistent leg to activate. I have had very good success with people using a low dose olive oil infusion. 1 patient, at 4 drops 3x per day has cut her Oxy from over 100mg/day to 20. We are working our way to no oxy.

If you would like help with this, let me know. Olive oil infusions are easy to make. :circle-of-love::peace:

Back
Top Bottom