Newbie from the UK - Cannabis gives me excruciating pain

WAMS

When I was a teenager my arches in my feet fell/collapsed causing my knees and ankles to roll in or out. The heels of my feet are sore and tender too. I've been wearing arch supports ever since, I'm now 42 and without them I'm in excruciating pain. Also In my teenage years, I visited my doctor complaining about pain coming from my left ribcage. He examined me and found nothing and diagnosed it as muscle irritation, I visited my doctor a couple of times regarding this pain and again muscle irritation. I've also fractured a couple of fingers in my lifetime that has now caused arthritis and suffer from CTS in my left wrist. I always been in pain since my teenage years and have managed it with pain killers etc.
I had kidney failure 10 years ago due to Henoch Schonlein Purpura (HSP) which was mis-diagnosed for 15 years. I was also diagnosed with Osteoporosis in 2015 as the doctors accidently found brittle vertebrae from an x-ray while looking for something else.
I used to smoke dope with friends when I was younger too and in my 20's. When I was stoned I started getting bad pain from the areas I've highlighted above. So I quit smoking it thinking that the cannabis caused the pain.
Anyway a friend gives me a Cannabis capsule and said it should help, I was reluctant to take due to my previous experiences. He's always known of my health issues. I took it home and hidden it away about a month ago. So Friday night I decided to take it.
Within 45 minutes I was in unbelievable pain, excruciating pain all the way down my left hand side, fingers, wrist, ribcage, left knee, ankle and heel. My right knee, ankle and heel also affected. The pain lasted for 4/5 hours, horrible night. Since then I still feel the pain, it's so uncomfortable. It has many times in the past faded away but never entirely. I've been able to manage it using pain killers and mind control. That too has its side effects.
I am now thinking that if cannabis does has curing properties in some or most cases, maybe in my case its making myself aware that I've sustained trauma to my body over the years and is releasing that trauma as pain?
I've seen my doctor many times about the pain.
Advice would be very grateful?

WAMS

I am not a doctor so I can't help too much with a discussion of the physiology of cannabis & pain. I know for me, it doesn't dull the pain like an opioid, it just makes it easier to ignore. Heightened senses from THC could trigger what you experience so maybe high CBD would help?

You should head over to our Medical area. SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall is a thread that would be worth a look or ask on the thread for help & someone should chime in.

Ian

Sorry Ian for the late reply. I did try to reply but every attempt I received an error saying 1 Character too short. I will check out sweet sue's site.

Thanks

Hope all is well with you WAMS.

Are you still navigating your way around the forum bud?

After you accepted my friend request I tried to access your email through your profile so I could email you but couldn't find it. I thought if we became friends that might work. To be honest I have not been on for a few days I've got things in my life I need to prioritise. But thanks for getting in touch!

Wams

WAMS your family and life always comes first, we will always be here when you are ready ...

I’m still not very familiar with using the desktop version bud, too much visual information gets confusing for me.

I tried to send an email to you with my email address on the desktop version but not sure if it went through.

I've have just looked through my inbox etc. I can't find any email from you, saying that I may have delet d not realising since I got so many unwanted emails I may have deleted it by mistake. If you would like to send it again and I will look out for it

WAMS your family and life always comes first, we will always be here when you are ready ...

I’m still not very familiar with using the desktop version bud, too much visual information gets confusing for me.

I tried to send an email to you with my email address on the desktop version but not sure if it went through.m

Hey Bud, I've sorted it. My earlier posts the other week when I mentioned I had activated my VCard for some reason it didn't activate. I have now managed to activate it. Go into my profile and under contact there should 420magazine web address there but underneath there is VCard. It allows you to download the vCard to access my email address.

Hey Bud, I've sorted it. My earlier posts the other week when I mentioned I had activated my VCard for some reason it didn't activate. I have now managed to activate it. Go into my profile and under contact there should 420magazine web address there but underneath there is VCard. It allows you to download the vCard to access my email address.

I've just emailed you bud ...

Hi Wams,

I know someone with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) who has a similar reaction. We believe it is the THC but have yet to find any CBD products without THC.

Have you tried a low THC/ high CBD strain? Ask around, maybe someone you know might have some. Here in Canada our Licenced Producers have 0.59% THC with 17.84% CBD. I'm sure I don't have to tell you to just try a little bit if you find flower or oil like this.

Good luck.

Peace. :peace:

When I was a teenager my arches in my feet fell/collapsed causing my knees and ankles to roll in or out. The heels of my feet are sore and tender too. I've been wearing arch supports ever since, I'm now 42 and without them I'm in excruciating pain. Also In my teenage years, I visited my doctor complaining about pain coming from my left ribcage. He examined me and found nothing and diagnosed it as muscle irritation, I visited my doctor a couple of times regarding this pain and again muscle irritation. I've also fractured a couple of fingers in my lifetime that has now caused arthritis and suffer from CTS in my left wrist. I always been in pain since my teenage years and have managed it with pain killers etc.
I had kidney failure 10 years ago due to Henoch Schonlein Purpura (HSP) which was mis-diagnosed for 15 years. I was also diagnosed with Osteoporosis in 2015 as the doctors accidently found brittle vertebrae from an x-ray while looking for something else.
I used to smoke dope with friends when I was younger too and in my 20's. When I was stoned I started getting bad pain from the areas I've highlighted above. So I quit smoking it thinking that the cannabis caused the pain.
Anyway a friend gives me a Cannabis capsule and said it should help, I was reluctant to take due to my previous experiences. He's always known of my health issues. I took it home and hidden it away about a month ago. So Friday night I decided to take it.
Within 45 minutes I was in unbelievable pain, excruciating pain all the way down my left hand side, fingers, wrist, ribcage, left knee, ankle and heel. My right knee, ankle and heel also affected. The pain lasted for 4/5 hours, horrible night. Since then I still feel the pain, it's so uncomfortable. It has many times in the past faded away but never entirely. I've been able to manage it using pain killers and mind control. That too has its side effects.
I am now thinking that if cannabis does has curing properties in some or most cases, maybe in my case its making myself aware that I've sustained trauma to my body over the years and is releasing that trauma as pain?
I've seen my doctor many times about the pain.
Advice would be very grateful?

WAMS
I don't mean to be a Debby downer BUT,
Have you ever given the thought that you have some sort of mental health issue like schizophrenia or something the like?
I used to smoke crazy when I was younger and after an opioid addiction for a decade I just get panicky and intense anxiety. Just saying. I've also broken a ton of bones and also has ostio as of recently. There is no way that THC caused or is causing you any type of pain or trauma.

Not to be a dick but I would seek a mental health evaluation on your fixation on trauma.

Sorry I really don't mean to come off rude but that's my opinion

I don't mean to be a Debby downer BUT,
Have you ever given the thought that you have some sort of mental health issue like schizophrenia or something the like?
I used to smoke crazy when I was younger and after an opioid addiction for a decade I just get panicky and intense anxiety. Just saying. I've also broken a ton of bones and also has ostio as of recently. There is no way that THC caused or is causing you any type of pain or trauma.

Not to be a dick but I would seek a mental health evaluation on your fixation on trauma.

Sorry I really don't mean to come off rude but that's my opinion
Five year old thread bud. Interesting though. I get similar on psilocybin. I'll have about half an hour of intense pain in my knees. I've just taken it as it's reminding me I live with this daily, even though I usually block it out. It reminds me to be aware of it and look after myself. Understand it has an impact on me mentally day to day, and to learn how to balance that.

That or something in these medicines, for some people, just breaks down that mental pain barrier that's usually up. 🤣

Five year old thread bud. Interesting though. I get similar on psilocybin. I'll have about half an hour of intense pain in my knees. I've just taken it as it's reminding me I live with this daily, even though I usually block it out. It reminds me to be aware of it and look after myself. Understand it has an impact on me mentally day to day, and to learn how to balance that.

That or something in these medicines, for some people, just breaks down that mental pain barrier that's usually up. 🤣

My bad I thought these forums were alot more active then this lol.
I mean yeah I used to run through 4oz every 14 day RELIGIOUSLY. I could do anything and everything and be completely fine. Now that I'm an adult I take 2 puffs and I remember I can feel my heartbeat and am convinced I'm having a heart attack and have to go lay down. ,🤣

Now that I'm an adult I take 2 puffs and I remember I can feel my heartbeat and am convinced I'm having a heart attack and have to go lay down. ,🤣
I'm a little like that now. But it happened overnight. I've got used to having a low tolerance now though and it saves me a ton of weed. I figured it was my body telling me I didn't need that much to help me. My body and mind enforced my dose. 🤣

That's also kinda how to use it? with hallucinogens you can become very aware of processes in your body, give it attention to heal, track the behaviour that's causing it and think about how to change it, and if it's something you can't really help and tune out.. give it the intention of yes definitely keep blocking that out whilst conscious as it's not useful signal only noise..

Back
Top Bottom