Old Consumer - New Grower

Smeegol

Good Morning all, ( depends on where you are ) ..

I'm hitting the big 40 this year, I've had 2 back ops in 3 years and a third coming in June this year which I'm trying to avoid as my doc wants to fuse l3-4 together and I'm not crazy on that idea due to how sucky the last 3 years have been due to pain,meds and depression...

So I'm from Sunny S.A. been partaking of this wonderful flower Mother Nature provides since my teens, but only started raising them +- 9mnths ago. DP originated not far from where I live in the foothills of the Drakensberg mountain range ( interesting fact ) bout 1/2 hour from where I live...

My first attempt was in a box with 2 comp fans 91cfm, dimensions were 420/580 by 1m high, lighting was 4-23w CFL equivalent 130w. I harvested way to early as did not know any better and a relative was extremely impatient, it was bag seed landrace which made wonderful edibles but not worthy smoke, mere tickle of the senses and gone in 20 min.

2nd attempt: dimensions are 2m high,1.2 wide and 600cm deep. 2 comp fan 91cfm and 1 oscillating fan, have another fan similar which is 115 cfm. Lighting is 6-23w CFL and 2 100w led lamp bulbs equivalent 200w CFL. Will add warm white for flower.

Using 1st box for clones and veg, planning new veg box with wider dimensions.

The flowers I'm using are 2 bag seed ( experimenting ) 11 weeks old today ( flowering end of month). Little OG Kush ( dinafem seeds ) she is 5 weeks and 1 day today. Also have 5 DP seeds in paper towel method, got out of bag which was watered down traits, felt in effects but was ok, so want to see if I can improve. Those 5 will be fluxes @Light Addict, never tried before but your inspiration reaches us across the waters kind sir.

Also have Haze 2.0 auto by dinafem which is on back burner, waiting to see how my brothers turn out.

Busy reading through @light ADDICTS flux central ( the orignal flux page 123) and his friend Mr OZ, my apologies I have seen any other journals been observing from a distance and decided to join up to gain and share ideas/tips not that I have many being so fresh off the boat.

So cheers all for having me, and a happy hump day to all....:thanks::thanks:

Welcome Smeegol :welcome:

There are other growers here from SA here so you are not alone. It sounds like you know exactly what you want to do - fluxing etc. You should start a journal of your grow so we can follow along.

Enjoy

Ian

Flux her to death and light her on fire! We love watching flux grows, def track me down and drop a link when you get a journal going. LA is an excellent fluxxer, you'll do well watching that. VexGrows also did an awesome flux recently, would be a cool journal to read through. Welcome to :420: Magazine my brother from the south!

Back
Top Bottom