High from New York

SnowDog

Hi,
I just thought I'd take a sec to introduce myself. I live in New York and have been using MMJ (illegally unfortunately) for a number of years for anxiety/depression disorder, insomnia, cluster headache and IBS. It works wonders for me but the cost is crazy high and I'm never guaranteed to be able to obtain the strains I want/need for my particular conditions or symptoms.

I just registered at this site tonight, and at first glance, I see that there is a huge amount info here. :) I think I'll go browse around now...

SD

High from northern california and welcome to the 420 community. I'm sorry to hear of your health problems. I'm so glad that you have found the benefits of medical marijuana. Please keep posting, many people relate to your situation. Make sure to check this out and best wishes to you.

Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine

Peace and mmj :rollit:

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :) And thanks for pointing me in the direction of that petition, turfman. Hopefully they'll be more than just 261 signatures soon.

The fact that weed is still considered just as illegal as hard drugs here in New York is ridiculous. You can't watch TV here for 5 minutes without seeing a 'reefer madness' inspired anti-pot commercial about how it's going to destroy every aspect of your mind and life. Why are they so against pot but never mention coke,crack,heroin,meth,alcohol,pcp,or the galaxy of pills that float around in the street?

Many "doctors' here in NY immediately balk when you tell them that marijuana helps you.. I was told by my nuerologist, whom I see for the treatment of cluster headaches, that "smoking marijuana is one of the worst things you could do to yourself during a cluster headache period." Funny.. because when I smoked it, it relieved the pain and pressure in the right side of my head much more efficiently than the dangerous heart medications and arterial constrictors (Imitrex, verapamil) that this 'doctor' kept pushing on me. Same thing with IBS.. Marijuana works better to calm the symptoms than the dangerous corticosteroids that they want you to take for IBS.

I would LOVE to meet an M.D. here on the east coast who was willing to have an intelligent discussion about medicinal pot, but unfortunately, most seem to recoil like dracula from a crucifix. So for now, my backup 'doctor' is a guy in a Mets hat who asks for quite a large co-pay.. lol. But I'm not complaining, because I'm happy I can get anything at all.. Some people can't.

Sorry if all this medical babble is in the wrong section.. I'm still a noob here..

Thanx fer lettin' me rant, and once again, thanx for the welcome.
- Happy tokes -:grinjoint:

SD

welcome fellow new yorker hopefully we won't be forced undergroud for ever and mabey smarter people will see the folly's of proabtion and look to the report sponcerd by the mayor lagarida[not sure of spelling of his name] of new york that found pot to be of no threat to the general masses i to am new to this site and have found it to be pretty open and informed allowing for diffrent mind to talk and learn

Back
Top Bottom